Greytalk Forum Upgrade

Jeff

kind of cool, if you have a topic open, just sitting, and a new post it made to it, you get a notification and the ability to read the new post without reloading the forum page.

Where is the "like" button? :dunno

removed again

:P

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself).

If I can, that feature goes away...

Well fine then! :french

~Amanda

Lookin' good, Jeff! What a lot of work (as I happen to have some small reason to know :wacko: ), so thanks for giving up your vacay for us! :bow2

I see there's a string of social media links on the very bottom of the page, so you can "like" a whole thread I guess. I do kinda like the idea of liking a post (not for Facebook, but for the reasons Jay mentioned). If I get a vote! ;)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Loving the new, cleaner look. LOVE IT. Also, the navigation is much improved and flows much better, and most importantly (let's get our priorities right :P ), the emoties list is way more accessible and easier to use. And that's all I've explored so far.

Bravo! :clap

And here is where I have my first MAJOR complaint. The danged emoties are in a different order. I dont like it. Fix it.

:tomato

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

kind of cool, if you have a topic open, just sitting, and a new post it made to it, you get a notification and the ability to read the new post without reloading the forum page.

removed again

...except on Jeffs posts. Click on it. :lol

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Minor thing, but thought I should mention it. I just accessed GT from my iPhone. When I tap on the menu, the icons displaying the various options are excessively large -- they take up the whole display, so much so that the words "new content" are partially hidden and there is some text overlap:

38506998.jpg

Any way to tweak that?

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest KennelMom

removed again

bummer! I was excited that you'd enabled it (and surprised! :lol )

Guest KennelMom

Minor thing, but thought I should mention it. I just accessed GT from my iPhone. When I tap on the menu, the icons displaying the various options are excessively large -- they take up the whole display, so much so that the words "new content" are partially hidden and there is some text overlap:

Any way to tweak that?

The buttons are big, but I don't have the overlap on mine.

7205630098_2fb01b0b4d.jpg

Tried to read through today's posts to see if someone already mentioned this. I'm unable to edit any of my posts. When I click edit, it opens up the box and I can change the post, but when I click on save nothing happens. Cancel, nothing happens.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Trying not to panic...

Taking deep breaths...

Change is good...

Trying not to panic...

What do you do when they rearrange the shelves in the grocery store? :P

I'm sure this has been a lot more trying for you, Jeff, than it has been for us, so I'll just thank you for keeping everything on track. :)

Just a question (and probably adding to your workload :( ).....when trying to add a link, we used to be able to change the name of the link to whatever we wanted it to say (the standard one that came up said My Link, which could be changed to anything we wanted). Do you know if we'll get that back?

I do have to say that if we didn't have this emotie before :bugeye I'm lovin' it! :rofl

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest PiagetsMom

I have no doubt this is operator error, but after checking "View New Content", and then clicking on "Mark all read", my next visit to "Veiw New Content" does not start anew and eliminate the previous threads that I've marked as read. They remain on the New Content page, and at this point I have 3 pages of "New Content", both unread, and those marked as read. Do the previously viewed threads drop off of the New Content at some point?

I have my "New Content" marked for Forums, and "New Since My Last Visit".

Sorry, that's confusing, but hopefully someone can follow my train of thought :wacko:

Any way to tweak that?

Mine is displaying properly as well.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

I thought the column layout of the old version was helpful to see more easily what forum a thread was in, or who had started it (which made re-finding a thread easier sometimes).

Also miss the subtitles but from what I've read above, that was removed in this version, and not a feature setting.

For the iphone, is it possible that you need to update? I haven't updated my phone in a while and it came up weird. I just got finished updating and it fixed it. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Trying to reload the avatar I've always used. File size is 6.8KB but I'm being told the file is too large.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

...after checking "View New Content", and then clicking on "Mark all read", my next visit to "Veiw New Content" does not start anew and eliminate the previous threads that I've marked as read. They remain on the New Content page, and at this point I have 3 pages of "New Content", both unread, and those marked as read. Do the previously viewed threads drop off of the New Content at some point?

Yes, when you mark all read. Clear your browser cache as above and try again. I do not use the View new content feature, but I just tried it, marked all read, and the list was cleared as desired.

Trying to reload the avatar I've always used. File size is 6.8KB but I'm being told the file is too large.

Yes, I have set the max size to 0 to disable uploads. Looking for a mass fix.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I think Jeff wanted us to wait on reloading any avatars......I thought he was going to try to fix it on his end. I could be wrong though. :dunno

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Tried to read through today's posts to see if someone already mentioned this. I'm unable to edit any of my posts. When I click edit, it opens up the box and I can change the post, but when I click on save nothing happens. Cancel, nothing happens.

I ran into that with my FIRST post after the update (back on page 3 of this thread, I think). Hit "refresh" and then it all worked as it's supposed to.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

had not noticed the missing secondary titles. It looks like that is gone, replaced with tags just used for search I'd imagine.

Will that be an issue for things like auctions (where the beginning and ending dates used to be) and events (where most event dates used to be)?

Any way to tweak that?

Mine is displaying properly as well.

Ha. Good to know, thanks. I have an older generation iPhone (3GS), that may be the issue. I'll be upgrading soon anyway, so no biggie.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.