Greytalk Forum Upgrade

Jeff

I normally follow a couple of forums. (The kind of "following" where you get an email notification of new posts.) The forums have had new threads started, and I haven't received notices of any posts for two days.

Anyone else having this problem?

I un-followed the forums, and I've re-followed them to see if that will start the email notifications back up.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest greybookends
...I do not see the upcoming events and birthdays and such listed at the bottom of the page along with who is online right now. Will that be returning?

They are now located on the main page side bar if you have it enabled.

OH I like that even better!

My notifications are working now. Thanks.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Jeff, sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but is there a way for me to get rid of my picture as my avatar? I don't think I had one before so I didn't want to post this in the avatar thread you started. I do have a picture I'd like to use instead if that makes a difference. Thanks so much.

My notifications are working now. Thanks.

yup, appear to be working normally

Jeff, sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but is there a way for me to get rid of my picture as my avatar? I don't think I had one before so I didn't want to post this in the avatar thread you started. I do have a picture I'd like to use instead if that makes a difference. Thanks so much.

please use the avatar thread in this forum.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Jeff, thanks for all you do! I have a question -- is there a way to change the order of the items in the side pane? I liked having the Recently Added Topics at the top under subscriptions, now it's the calendar and birthdays, with the recent topics off the screen to the bottom.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Jeff, thanks for all you do! I have a question -- is there a way to change the order of the items in the side pane? I liked having the Recently Added Topics at the top under subscriptions, now it's the calendar and birthdays, with the recent topics off the screen to the bottom.

I'm wondering about this, too!

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

I guess it would help if I used the sidebar, but I don't :flip

Is that better?

Much better! Thank you!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I can't find this in this thread, though I may have overlooked it. I like to read through all the new posts, but cannot find where to clear that when I'm finished on the main site. It shows up on the mobile site. It used to be directly underneath the View New Posts link.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Bottom, second link from the left. Mark Community Read

When I click it, it opens a few options, not sure if that's because I am an admin, or for all, but you can mark everything read there. It is on the bottom of each page, not just the main page.

Bottom, second link from the left. Mark Community Read

When I click it, it opens a few options, not sure if that's because I am an admin, or for all, but you can mark everything read there. It is on the bottom of each page, not just the main page.

Thanks, it's there and works perfectly to clear things. It also does give a few options, not that I can remember what they are right now. :lol

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Check 'Notification Options' under 'My Settings'

I will enable them to verify as well.

I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere, but where do I say what I want to be notified for? I have always subscribed to the Amber Alert forum but I can't see where you tell it what you want to subscribe to, just how I want to be notified (which is set up).?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

in the upper right corner, you will see a gray button. As an example, in this TOPIC, you will see the button says Follow this Topic

If you go back to the forum index, you will see the button changes to Follow this Forum

You can change the notification options by clicking the drop down menu on your username in the top right.

My Settings > Notification Options

Oops. I accidentally reported a post when I meant to post a post. Oops. Please ignore something in the Mountain Hounds thread that I may have reported.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Jeff what do I have to do so spell check works? Running the lastest version of Firefox and Win7.

Thanks!

Ok, had to open Firefox and check it.

This is really messed up, but trust me lol

1. Type something in the text box, anything

2. Click the little switch icon in the text box (upper left botton) to switch to the text only mode if you are not already there. (all buttons except the switch should be grayed out)

3. right click inside the box to open the browser menu

4. Ensure the Check Spelling box is checked (it probably already is)

5. Select Languages > English

Done

Can click the Switch again to go back to the full editor if you like. The setting will then be saved, and you should be good to go.

Messed up isn't it :lol