Shelby Is Limping Bad

So Shelby started limping midday yesterday. Not really sure what happened exactly but I was working from home and she got up from her bed and I saw out of the corner of my eye her backend buckling. She went down and then sort of crawled back to her bed that was a couple feet away before I could get to her. I left her there to rest and the next time she got up to go out, she was not weight bearing on her rear right leg. We gave her some Gabapentin and Metacam last night as we had weaned her off them back in the late Fall but this morning she is only marginally better. She is still not weight bearing on it however if she really has to move, she does sort of use it but not if she is just standing in one spot. I palpated her leg and the only swelling that I believe I feel and see is on top of her foot. As she hasn't improved, I decided to get her into the vets as it is a Friday and I am going out of the country on business Monday of course. I don't know why this can't happen the weeks I am working from home!

Hopefully it's nothing serious as right now it could be anything but there is no noticeable puncture or cut in her foot. We also know it could be the worst thing we want to hear as well and as she is going to be 13 in May, we would only keep her comfortable if it came to that. Please keep your fingers crossed it's something minor and treatable.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle...hoping for the best. Would love to hear that it is something as simple as salt in the toes as someone suggested.

All of our thoughts are with you. We know that you will do all that is in Shelby's best interest whatever the outcome might be.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I have everything crossed for Shelby, and will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Hoping for a good report for Shelby :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending prayers for your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Praying it's just a sprain or something else minor.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Hoping it's nothing serious! Poor Shelby :(

Please check in with us later or when you can to let us know how it went...

Fingers crossed here! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.