Bubble Wrap Gee

TheFullHouse

Our journey started with Gee back in 2003 while she was in the adoption kennel at Southland. My daughter and her husband wanted a greyhound. My daughter wanted us to pick out a female and to pick out one that would be hard to place. We chose Gee. She had a permanent limp and seemed to be very aloof. They flew down that Christmas and picked her up. Mike drove Gee and their beagle Duke back up to Washington State for them. I told them that if there ever came a time that they didn’t think they could care for her any more to let us know and Mike would drive up there and pick her up. Unfortunately that time came in 2006 when my daughter and her husband got divorced. She stayed in the house with my ex son in law because my daughter couldn’t find a place she could afford that allowed pets. Gee was very unhappy and on October 25, 2006 Mike picked her up in Washington State and they started the long journey home. She had stopped eating and was 8lbs. under her racing weight when she arrived. That would have been 5 years ago Tuesday. She didn’t make her 5th Gotcha Day.

She settled in very easily and adjusted to living in a big pack with no problems. She was our independent girl, very aloof at times. She always had this attitude about her and would give you attention when she deemed you worthy of it. Most of the time she acted like she tolerated you fawning over her but I knew that deep down she loved it.

Over the years she became a mama’s girl and started coming to me more and more for attention. I would be sitting at the desk and would feel her nose under my arm. How could you not turn around and give her love. She had beautiful huge brown eyes that just sparkled with love.

Several months ago she would take spells of not eating well and I was doing back flips trying to get her to eat. Those spells would pass and she would again be a chow hound, begging me for her food and for mine. Last weekend she quit eating all together and then on Monday she had what could best be described as a stroke. She lost control in her back legs and couldn’t walk without falling over. She spent this last week at the vet and today we went to visit her. Her back end was worse and what was more heart breaking than that was when I held her head and looked into her eyes. She was done. Her eyes were dull and hollow and she was telling me she was tired and didn’t have the strength to fight any more so I crawled into her crate and with her head next to me as I caressed her head and whispered how much I loved her and to go find Emmy, Andy and Heart, she peacefully slipped away.

We love you baby girl, now and forever.

GeeGizmoandthelure016_picnik.jpg

GeeGizmoandthelure012.jpg

7d74967f.jpg

BubblewrapGee-1.jpg

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear that Gee has left us. She will always be the" little bubble wrap girl" to us.

Run Free Gee. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Ohiogreymom

Judy, I'm so VERY sorry you had to let your precious girl run free, :weep:grouphug but I know she had such a wonderful life with you, Mike and Kevin. It would be so nice if we could keep them in bubble wrap forever. I always loved that pic of Gee. :wub: My prayers are with you all. :f_red Run free beautiful Gee, you surely are loved, and will be truly missed! :gh_run

Judy, Mike and Kevin, my heart goes out to all of you. I am so so sorry it was time for Gee. Rest well sweet Gee.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry Judy. :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Judy and Mike, I am so very sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

My heart goes out to you and Mike and Kevin. She was a good girl and a beauty. Looking at those pictures, I have no doubt that she knew how much you would miss her.

Godspeed, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry to read this. I truly had hoped that she would get better and be able to come home again.

She was so well loved.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

I'm so so sorry.

Run with the angels Gee.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Gee.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow