WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Kathy, isn’t it a full moon? Those always give Jim a hard time.

I met Lupin!:gh_child  I hugged him and petted him and kissed him and walked with him. Kerry was so nice and took lots of pictures. She’ll post some here when work calms down and she has a minute, maybe tomorrow.

Personally, I hate TV shows and movies with similar looking actors. We had to stop watching a favorite tv show a few years ago because the lead female and arch enemy looked so much alike we couldn’t follow the plot.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Antie Jennie, Momma wants to know if you gots an inner voice or not??      Hmmmm. Do I? How would I know? I know that when I want to recall something, if it's something I've read (especially more than once), I can "see" the page and words in my mind and that's how I remember it.

The Miss Elizabeth/Miss Kerry/Lupin meet-up! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Good morning. Loved Ivy's eyes in the first pic of her with her boxogoodies. 🥰

Hugs for those who need them and kudos for folks who treat Covid with the respect it deserves and don't keep going out in public.

Even if your hearing is good, my face blind compatriots should try turning closed captioning on.  It might help you keep a grip on who's who. Last movie I saw in a theatre was Titanic. 

The celebration of Gordon's life yesterday was truly a celebration. Plusalso more old home week and all in all was wonderful. 

• Like 4

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Nancy , poor Miss Mary as if a1 year anniversary of her husband's death isnt bad enough she has lost her dog.:bighugto her.

We cant wait to see the Lupin hook up pictures.

Wiki are you OK ? Has Mistress' job sent her over the edge ?  We hope not.

Mom remembers faces but cant remember names.  She can remember everything about a person, place or thing but cant remember the name.  She would make a lousy diplomat.

I wonder if Miss New Carol got her phone & computer ?  If you did :wave Miss New Carol

Bitzi off to her late am nap 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Even if your hearing is good, my face blind compatriots should try turning closed captioning on.  It might help you keep a grip on who's who.       Oh, I do! Because some of them list the character's name first :thumbs-up

Last movie I saw in a theatre was Titanic.     At least most of those characters had very distinctive faces :nod

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Miss Nancy ob the Burgh, I am so sorry that so many sad things ae cluster around you right now. :grouphug  I hope you do knot get that COVID.  I hope Mister Doug recovers soonest. :kiss2  Poor Miss Mary is being hit wif so many heartbreaks. :grouphug   Ma and I will keep you all in owr hearts and prayers. :kiss2

Charlie, I'm glad that you and Zorro del Galgo did knot damage Mama Bear whilst chasing those bunnies.  How exciting to see those fancy military planes flying!

Miss Kathy :kiss2 for Mister Jim's night time wakefulness.  I'm glad Ivy is eating Miss Jan's Healing Peanut Better Cookies!   Her recover is assured. :nod

Lupin, you're a lucky houndie to meet up wif Miss Elizabeth!  :yay 
I sure hope that Miss Kerry's werk settles down a bit soon. :kiss2

Ma stopped at the local nursery today to get pansies to plant in the deck pots for winter.  They really have an amazing absolutely black pansy now.  So striking.  Howeber, Ma went wif mostly blue and yellow colors for this winter. 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

2 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

Kathy, isn’t it a full moon? Those always give Jim a hard time.

:nod   You are absolutely right.    I didn't think of that last night, but it makes perfect sense.

It's a Kerry/Lupin/Elizabeth meet-up!   Miss Kerry is so sweet, we met her in Portland last year when we were on our cruise.   Can't wait to see pictures!

I think the Healing Peanut Butter Biscuits are working!  This morning when I came downstairs and Ivy saw me she stood up, got all excited and was pawing at the crate door to get out.   Then she tried doing zoomies with Cherry but the cone of shame hampers that a bit!   She really looks more perky today.   Tomorrow we take her in to get her drain removed.  :yay 

Lucy, I wonder if pansies would overwinter in a pot this far north of you?  (Zone 7)   They do overwinter in the ground here, but I've never tried them in a pot for the winter.

Miss Ducky, how is the catty farm going? 

Almost time to make lunch for Jim.   

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We hopes dat Misser Jim iz moor back to hizself sOON.

Oh, Andi, ah forgot to commint on how cool ah fink it iz dat yu catch pop corns!!!  Dat iz much moor funz den nachoze.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

More cloudings tho it's sposed to clear up later on to sunnings.

Miss FancyToo, I like pokkorns!!!  I don't like just plain torteeya chips so much unless they gots cheeze on em!!!  :chow  Plus also, pokkorns are kinda floaty and easier to catch than torteeya chips!!  ;) 

Miss Kathy, Momma says those pansies do good in pots over the winter at our house, but you gotta keep pinching em back alla the time so they look good and Momma is too lazy!!  :lol  We're happy Miss Ivy is feeling so good!!  :yay  

Antie Jennie, Momma doesn't know cause she doesn't got one eether.  Her friendly that says he does says it's like having a conversashun with yourownseff inside your head.  :dunno  :youcrazy  Momma says everything inside herown head is a picher.  The only words are, like, song lyrics or stuff like that.  :dunno  :youcrazy  But she does that "reading off the page" thing too - that's how she could memorize so much musik when she was singing.

Huh.  Momma doesn't rememmer faces so good, but she rememmers voices *really* good, so even if she's not watching a show she can tell the differintse by their voices.  :dunno  Lotsa times she's got the teevee sound on whilst she's reading or doing something else, and following the story really good, then she starts to watch it and she gets really confused!!!  :lol  

Miss Lizabeth we can't wait to see the pichers from your meeting up with Mister Lupin and Miss Kerry!!!  :bounce1  

Have fun padlding Mam!!  We hope you find some good chips AND some good ice cream!!  Momma loves dipping hot, salty french fries into cold sweet, choklaty milkshakes!!  :chow 

Mister Charlie is your friendlie still staying with you??  Momma doesn't think she could stop THREE houndies from taking off!!!  :eek  

Miss Ducky, we were wunnering about those cattypillers too!

Calling Miss Wiki!!!!  Calling Miss Wiki!!!!  Maybe Miss Jerilyn's innerwebs are out again???

Our cleaning doodettes are coming early today, so I gotta go so Momma can clean up before they get here!!  :rofl  I chekk in later!!

Wishings for a thankfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Kathy, we've been zone 7 here until the last year or so when we were changed to Zone 8.  Pansies should overwinter for you even in pots.  They slow down and sort of hunker down in really cold weather but I've had potted pansies survive ice and snow and perk right back up when the weather gets even "winter" mild. 

There has been cleaning here today and I've sought shelter in the hallway from the sucking machine ob death. <_<  At least Ma put one ob my beds in the hall for me.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Did you know that today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day?   ARRRGH! 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

1 hour ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Did you know that today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day?   ARRRGH! 

Do you know a pirate’s favorite restaurant?

It’s Arrrrrrrby’s!    :whisper  yes, I told that joke last year, too.

Ivy’s feeling better! :yay 

Boy, traveling is so much more comfortable today. I’m currently at an empty gate with my iPad and phone plugged into an outlet here in the seat and using free wi-fi.  I’m also watching downloaded videos while using bone conduction headphones (they don’t make ear buds small enough to fit me).  Wow. I wish it was this comfortable when I was going to multiple conferences a year.

• Haha 1

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hi! Hi! Hi!  I’m alive and well! My Mistress is also alive and bedder than she was yessirday. She was at the brink of what she could handill tho and I hadda be tearapee dog. :ohno It was all werk related and normilly that don’t get her messed up but thins were vary bad wiff the teknologee and her workload. She almoss cried. :cry1 She got all noo lappertopper and everythin that goes wiff it and it still didn’t werk wiff the innerwebs. On toppa that her user ID got corrupted or oudda sink or sumthin so even when she could get in wiff the fone as hotspot she couldn’t werk. A nice man calt Geoffrey helped and talked her down a bit. Fancy Too, he’s in Cranston RI so iffen you run into him, he’s a good dood. He confirmed alla the equipmint is werkin fine so the prollem must be our innerwebs. So she calt Spektrum and they said our innerwebs are juss fine, whitch they are cause I’m on our puter rite now. But that dood gave her a secrit trick to unhook the modem for a full 24 hours to reset the IP address. She still gotta try the werk lappertopper again now but I hadda check in wiff youse guys first.

Oh yeah, it’s long weekend, so she had the day off and again tamarra then it’s weekend and she’s off Moanday. Iffen that wasn’t the case I don’t know what woulda happined to her. Alla that wouldn’t have bin so bad iffen her projekt wasn’t at a critical place and she’s sooper bizzy. But she’s not theenkin bout it and gonna juss enjoy her time off. It’s juss inshoorants, and maybe they’ll realize all that she does. So she juss stayed home today and steemed the floor and cot up on the lawndree that piles up like rugs and blankies and now everythin is cleen and that makes her feel good.

I’m so happy to see that Ivy is doing good! :yay  And Miss Lizabeth had a nice trip and got to meet Miss Kerry & Lupin! :yay

Miss Nancy of the Berg, I’m sorry thins are so tough for you rite now. :grouphug Those are for reel worrysum thins, not like my Mistress’ prollems. She will try to member that. I hope you don’t get the covids on toppa everythin elts.

Well, I suppose it’s time, she gonna try the lappertopper. :unsure Whatever happins, she’s got a taco pizza from Aldi (It’s German week! The freezer is stocked wiff stroodel, savory & sweet.) and a beer waitin for her.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Awwww Mistress  :bighug

And continued :bighug for PittsNancy.

Has Jim had a good day?  Hopefully he'd and that will continue into the overnight.

Are you almost home Elizabeth?   Can't wait to see the pictures of you and Kerry and Lupin!

Kayaking was just great today.  Perfect weather - actually it was very hot, but the river was shaded with huge trees.  No french fries, but we did find some ice cream  :chow

And!  The flights and transporting of the hounds from Australia to O!C   'may'  actually be organized   :goodluck

And this all 'may' happen on Tuesday   :yay   But it was supposed to happen on Sunday.  Then Monday. 

So I will knot hold my baited breath until I am actually on my way to Ottawa to pick up 'Apache Moonshine'. 

Who will - obviously -  need a new name  ;)    There will be no 'Apache' or 'Moonshine' or 'Moony' or even 'Moon' allowed. 

May be an image of text that says 'GREYHOUND SUPPORTERS IS PROUD to INTRODUCE... D.0.B: 6TH JANUARY 2018 SEX: FEMALE COLOUR: BLACK Greyhound Supporters the NCR NCR' 

• Like 9

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Yeah for Miss Wiki being back!!  Yeah for Mam's secret being out!!!  Yeah for Miss Lizabeth being all comfy flying home to Mister Jupiter!!!

:confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

AP -happy for her Friendlies 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wiki! Mom just got back from Aldi, she got her favorite potato sticks and a Black Forest Cake. Dey were supposed to habs Haloowween stuff, too, but Dere wuzzent a whole lot ob dat.

Welcome Noo Black Houndie! Mebee yer name culd be Mulrooooney!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Thanks so much for all the kind words.  I haven't felt this sad and helpless for a long time, even worse since I can't put my friend's health in jeopardy, and hug her in person.  I have to admit, there is some anger too, as there is for Mary, who has had way too much overwhelming sadness in just one year.  We talked today, trying to talk about other things, and not too much about Adios, so we wouldn't make each other cry.  I'm feeling okay, except for a scratchy throat.  I'm going to call my PCP tomorrow, and see what would be the best time for me to get a test. Don't know if I should get one if I don't have symptoms, and if, or when, it should be repeated.  Doug is staying on the first floor, away from me as much as possible.  He'll re-test at some point too.  He's feeling better today, since his fever broke.

Elizabeth saw Kerry and Lupin!  Jealous.  Yes, pictures would be awesome.  So your trip was good, Elizabeth?

I'm so glad Ivy is feeling better.  The sweet girl had us worried.  Hopefully, the waning moon will help Jim not to be so confused.  Sending good thoughts to you both, Kathy.

So Nancy is getting another dog??? If so, YAY!  What a lucky dog!  And a black female?  I am prejudiced, but....:beatheart:beatheart

Jerilyn, I'm glad you have a much needed, and much deserved, long weekend!  You and Wiki do something fun!

Oooh, I've never seen a black pansy, but I think they would be stunning.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oooh! Such a pretty houndie!  I hope her flights work out now!

Mam, Jim had a good day, but at 4:00 pm every day he starts sundowning.  But today it only lasted until about 6:30 pm and then he seemed to improve.  I hope he sleeps better tonight!

Safe travels home Elizabeth!  Jupiter will be glad to see you!  I’m sure Richard will be glad too.

Jerilyn :grouphug    Now relax and enjoy your time off with Wiki!

Tomorrow we go back to the vet and if all goes well, Ivy will get her drain pulled. :yay She will be glad too!

Have a good night everyone.

Kathy 

• Like 3

Momma’s home! Momma’s home! I missed her so much I allowed her to kiss me and hug me and rub muh earses and neck. :nod 

She said somefing about kissing another houndie but I musta misheard. <_<

Nancy, Moonstone is so cute! 🩷

12 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

I met Lupin!:gh_child  I hugged him and petted him and kissed him and walked with him. Kerry was so nice and took lots of pictures. She’ll post some here when work calms down and she has a minute, maybe tomorrow.

Yoo guys! I yam heer. FINALLY. Mummy woz being all whiney like, But Lupin, I'm so tired, and I replied no, yoo haff to postie dat splendiferuss pikchur ob me and Miss Lizabeff. :beatheart 

Furst I juss want to send hugs to Miss Nancy ob da Burgh :grouphug and weeze finking lots ob sympaffy fawts fur her fren Mary :( 

Second, we want to send a hug to Miss Jerilyn coz she hadda hard day yesserday and weeze glad tooday woz better. Mummy haffs had menny ob doze werkjob days lately, won after da udder, and da anxiety and emoshunal terrmole is eggsaustink. :kiss2 

I will keep dis short because mummy is tired butt yes, it happened, I met Miss Lizabeff and boff me and mummy fink she is eben moor luffly, frenlee, interestink and, iffen I may say so, bewtimuss in reel life dan she duz in faux toes. :nod ca1a20_b2342b35528f4efb82b9d15a3ac19084~ 

Mummy used her smartypants fone to take salfies and dey woz neerly all terrible - eyeballs closed, mouffs capchured mid-frame, blurry shots, yoo name it. Dare woz only free gud wons and ob COORSE Miss Lizabeff luks gorgeuss and me I look hampsum (I been told), and mummy's face is eeder all slanted because she had to use da zoom-out funkshun to fit us all in da pikchur (because she haffs short arms), or she is cut off frum da side and she looks haff asleep :rolleyes: ca1a20_fec47a2f2b1048a7907cd14f66ad3e59~ ca1a20_b3c89f0032c546ebac36d6559a35af1e~ Me and Miss Lizabeff luk grate :yay :star 

Heer I am - lookit how tuff I look 

54006523382_f282ec3c5e.jpg

54007432506_92f3604fdf.jpg

Mummy are yoo eben awake? How embarrassink :headwall 

BUTT lookit dis pikchur dat I luff, luff!

54006677447_b9390d050d.jpg

Why didn't yoo take me wiff yoo back to Floridia, Miss Lizabeff? I bet yoo don't step on Jupe's paws! Oh, crool fate :crying  I fawt wee'd made a connekshun... I wagged me tale and yoo kisst me hed :blush 

Yooze a lucky houndie, Jupe!!

Lupin

• Like 5

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Everybody looks so happy!!  And boff Miss Lizabeth and Miss Kerry are very pretty Mommas!  :shakefinger  Mister Lupin, you should take more care with yourown Momma cause I can just tell she loves you lots!!  

And Miss Lizabeth is home now with Mister Jupiter!!  :yay

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

:coffee Good morning!

Fantastic pictures!   Everyone looks great ( especially you Lupin :beatheart ) !!!!

Jim has an appointment this morning for lab work and then we take Ivy to the vet to get her drain removed. :yay   She and I will be very happy about that.  Her incisions look great and she seems to feel much better.  It must have been the Camper’s Peanut Butter Biscuits!

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Kathy 

8 hours ago, MerlinsMum said:

Why didn't yoo take me wiff yoo back to Floridia, Miss Lizabeff?

You tried to jump into the rental car but you did it in front of your mummy so she stopped you.  I was trying to figure out if I could stuff you in my soupcase but it was already packed full. :(

:coffee   

Heading into anther gorgeous day.  I’m just loving these coolish mornings.

Oh. My. Goodness.   There’s Kerry & Elizabeth and the very handsome Lupin :)

:goodluck     Jim had a better night.    And I sure hope Ivy can get that pesky drain out today.

:bighug    Nancy.   This is all too much for one person.

Moonshine is apparently a small 27kg.  Joshi weighs 27kg.

Ball Drumming class this morning.

I’ll go ride PattyKake tonight and join the kidlets for a forest trail walk after their lesson.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg