WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Miss Patsy, I'm glad your trip is nourishing you :grouphug

Evidently I don't look all that different so folks had no problem ID'ing me.     So, you're the only one there with face blindness? Did you know there's a new TV show coming, with a main character who's a neurologist (based on Oliver Sachs), who has face blindness? I'm set to record it so I can see just how accurately they portray it. It's called "Brilliant Minds" and starts September 23.

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Nate, mama makes home made Nachoze -KNOT da donkey - fur horse racing Saturdays at da howze an doze are REEL gud days fur falling fuds!!!

• Like 1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

FancyToo, we gottid luntch., Fanks.

We did get sum stayke lasst week, Mum gayve it to us fower treetz wen she leftid us at howme. It waz yum yum!

Mum saw the moon wivva littul bit owt ov it. The furst tyme I woke hur up to let me owt it waz ownlee 1 o’klok so she sed that waz no gud, it waz too erlee to see it and wen I woke hur up layta she sed that waz a bit layte az ther waz ownlee a littul bit missing. Yu kan KNOT pleeze theeze hyoomanz!

Nutmeg, bin snoopervysing owt inna gaardin and now reddee to snoozervyze onna settee.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Fancy 2 you get Nachos?  My mom doesnt eat or tries not to eat snacky food .  Well maybe pretzels but mostly she tries not to snack

We are having a yucky humid day but I beat the rain & was back in the house before it started.

Charlie that Frankie guy is one pushy guest. It does look like there would still be room for you, try it.

Mom is meeting her friends for lunch , Here is hoping she remembers to bring something home for me.

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Bright sunny skies today!

Kathy, Tranexamic Acid has always been an in-stock item when I wanted/needed it. IIRC, it was less than $35.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am going to look for that movie, Jennie.  I also have a face blindness thing.

Sids Tranexamic Acid was also quite inexpensive. He had it tid for two weeks. Around $50 O!C dollars. 

PattyKake was such a good girl today and worked very hard for me.  :)

Now I am off to the Inn.  Wonder what’s for lunch :chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Bitzi, mama duz KNOT keep nibbleez arownd da howze too much on accounta she habz no self control - particularly wif baked guds...but wen daddy iz home, dey habz saturday affernoon date day to watch da horsees run fast on tee vee.  She goze an buys all da stuff fur da nachooze an den we gets to share dem!!! 

Nutmeg, we are glad yu did KNOT starb to def!

• Like 1

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Hello my Friendlies!!

Anuther day of mostly cloudings today.  Yesserday was sposed to be kinda showery, but we didn't get ANY until real late, and then some overnite.  Now we gots no rainings for a week and Momma is gonna hafta do watering in a couppla days!!  :lol  

Miss Kathy we sure are happy that Miss Ivy is doing so good!!!  I wunner if she has had any of that bleeding ishoo before??  Did you know there's now a DeeEnnAy testing to check and see if any hounide gots that genetikal problem??  But good job for finding those medicaments so cheap!!

Miss Lizabeth we also glad your having a good trip!!  What ever happened with the toxic chemikals running into your famly cemetary??  Be careful if you are walking around in there!!  :thumbs-up 

Oh yeah, Momma has seen the commershals for that show.  It kinda sounds like a sorta "House" like docter show.  The star is the actor dood who played the new Spock in the movies, and he's, like, neuro divergent, like his payshents and he tries to figger them out and help em.

Mam, we sure hope those airplanes get sorted out soon!!!  :nod 

Mister Gino, what the WHAT?!?!?  Were those repairing doods just, like, living wherever your AyCee is???  And tooked all day??  What the hekking hekk is that all about!!  :dunno  

Miss Nutmeg we 're glad your Momma didn't furget to feed you!!  And that you got a nice walkie in the forest!!  :nod 

Miss FancyToo, those nachows are good for dropping on the floor, but popcorn gets throwed in my mouwf a LOT easier!!!  ;)  :chow  

Miss Bitzi, looks like your Mommas gloom and doom about those Phillies is almost over!!  ;) 

We did not see the moon last nite cause there were too many cloudings.  Maybe tonite.  :dunno 

Mister Charlie, I am really sorry your friendlie tooked over your sanding box.  But it looks like there's room for boff of you.  Maybe dig some sand out and throw it on him??  That would probly make him move!!  :lol  

Yesserday was a inneresting day.  Momma lefted and runned some errinds, and then brotted home Mickey Dees for luntsch.  But then she discovered that she furogtted to do one whole errind!!!  So she tooked ME :D with her to pick up Flizzies pillings from the vet!!  So I got to have an advenchoor!!!  :banana AND a cheezeburger!!  :chow  

Today is Misfit Market delivery and emergensee groshree delivery (Daddy is out of little bottles of water :rolleyes:).  Then bringing in the garbige cans.  It's just a laff riot around here every minit of every day.  <_< 

So here's some garden pichers.  Momma has started pulling the stuff that done now that the weathers are cooler - like the pukecummers and the cornings that never growed at all - but she's leaving the tommytoes and some other stuff just to see what happens.

Like this wadermellin.  It's a small personal size one anyway, but this one's only about the size of a baseball.

53997237176_90a3635a23.jpg20240915_110812 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

This is a pretty yellow striped zookeenee.  The only one we've EVER gotted!!  We had a few plain green ones, but only one stripey one.

53996342537_8f53b531a0.jpg20240915_110744 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

This is anuther stripey thing - a kinda mellin - that Momma has been trying to grow from a seeding for a couppla years.  Momma does NOT think it's gonna get much bigger or get ripe, but it's fun to watch, and kinda pretty.

53997553584_c016be497c.jpg20240915_110731 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Here's a cute bumbley bee.  Momma really wishes she had gotted rid of those stoopid yellow jakkets sooner cause we been seeing so many more better honey bees and bumbley bees since they been gone!!

53997553469_b3e6f407fa.jpg20240913_111154 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Wishings for a wonderfull Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I fink part ob it wuz he had to make da noo support for da air handler frum scratch. And wait for a part frum da depot. And run backnforf (nawt da supportive kind!) frum da inside to da outside to make sure da coolant wuz charging da system (dat iz usually whut da helper monitors!).

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Ivy is sooooo excited!    She got a package in the mail today and it was from Miss Jan and the Campers!   Peanut Butter Biscuits!   Here are some pictures of her reaction (excuse the graphic incision and drain in the picture)

OOOOOH!   I smell peanut butter!!!

460521549_2037611116704064_1834138557176

She ate the first one laying down:

460634881_2037611186704057_5808828380187

Then she decided to sit up and pay attention!

460436610_2037611140037395_1430135552830

Thank you so much to Miss Jan, AnnIE, Punkin, Ebbie and Holly Bee Bop (AKA Betty Crocker)

459795665_2037611150037394_7691454960987

Cherry enjoyed some too!

Thanks again!

Kathy, Ivy and Cherry

• Like 8

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I am going to look for that movie, Jennie.  I also have a face blindness thing.     Miss Nancy, it will air on NBC and be repeated on Peacock. Now here's my (and your and Miss Patsy's) question ... since the main character has face blindness, could the producers of the show PLEASE find a way so all the other characters don't all look alike?! There have been SO many shows I simply had to stop watching, because all the woman had long dark hair, eg., or all the men had identical beards, or everyone wore a uniform ...

Miss Chris, what wonderful photos. I love the bumble :beatheart

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Oh Ivy...doze luk Nom, nom, nom...

Miss Jennie...dat muss take da enjoyment owt ub lots ub fings...

22 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Charlie, kick sand on himz wibs yer hind legs. :D

ca1a20_2df0b03dc2e24639b030e3f20c197c89~

Yoo guys! GUESS WOT. Miss Lizabeff is coming to see meeeeeeeeeeeeeee :star Tomorrow! ca1a20_40b311b997fe42fd96628a722a4e5fae~It's going to be da shortest, fastest meetup ebber because mummy is meen mummy's werkjob is nutso and eggsaustink rite now, butt I yam still bery uppsited. Do yoo fink she will take me wiff her to Floridia? Will I moob to da sunshine state and get eeted by crocamadiles? Stay tooned to find out :lol: 

Lupin

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Ivy! :kiss2 Keep eating those Peanut Better Biscuits and keep feeling better! And whosagudgurl for sharing :beatheart

Kathy, she looks pretty darned good. I'm so glad she's home!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

20 minutes ago, MerlinsMum said:

ca1a20_2df0b03dc2e24639b030e3f20c197c89~

Yoo guys! GUESS WOT. Miss Lizabeff is coming to see meeeeeeeeeeeeeee :star Tomorrow! ca1a20_40b311b997fe42fd96628a722a4e5fae~It's going to be da shortest, fastest meetup ebber because mummy is meen mummy's werkjob is nutso and eggsaustink rite now, butt I yam still bery uppsited. Do yoo fink she will take me wiff her to Floridia? Will I moob to da sunshine state and get eeted by crocamadiles? Stay tooned to find out :lol: 

Lupin

Somebody better take some group selfies tomorrow! :digicam

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Charlie will you let Miss Elizabeth in your sand box?  Enjoy your visit &  please post pictures

Ivy I hope you have a good night

Mom brought home part of her hamburger for me 

Biitz off to dreamland 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Sorry I'm not caught up.  Some things are going on, none of it good.  Doug has Covid.  He took the test yesterday, but I'm not sure how long he's had it.  He'd had bad headaches, and congestion for a couple days, and then felt horrible.  Today he says he feels like he's been hit by a truck.  So far, I don't have bad symptoms, though I do have a headache and feel exhausted. I have to get a test, and he'll do another one at some point.  Luckily, it's easy for him to quarantine, since he's down on the first floor with Angie most of the time.  I just can't spend time there like I normally do.  Our friends Margot and Jeff from Boston are in town till tomorrow, and on Monday, we both spent time with them and Mary.  I just hope they don't get it.

Tonight is the 1 year anniversary of Rick's death, and Mary is having a celebration for him.  Of course, we can't go, and I'm so sad about that.  And this morning, the most awful thing happened.  Mary's Grey Adios died suddenly.  They are not sure what happened, likely a clot or an aneurysm.  He was a lovely old soul, and was a great comfort to her. This is only a couple months after she lost Sly, and on the day she lost Rick a year ago.  I can't put into words how devastated I am for her.  How much more can she take?  I want to be there for her so badly, but I'll need to be sure I'm negative first.  Also, I have a twice a day cat sitting job for 2 weeks, and wouldn't be able to spend the night with her like I've been doing.  I am heartbroken.  Margot and Jeff have to leave tomorrow, and I don't know what she will do in that empty house.  Her 2 remaining Greys will help her, but Enuff is in the beginning stages of kidney failure too, so his future is uncertain.  I feel so helpless.

• Sad 4

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hello me freends!

Miss Nancy I yam sorry yoo can knot go to yoor freend's memory. I bet she will feel da lubs from yoo still

Misser Lupin!!!! We need pictoores obs da meetup! Yoo know da rooles!

Miss Ivy dose cookies sure looks DELISH and yoo look gud too! Platonically obs course...

Today wuz a weird day. I yam knot saying wot happined, butt da toy box kinda exploded and dare's hermaggedons ebberyware!

Frankie found a washing clothes'line clippything in da sandbox and broke it. Dis a purple one!

Momma-bear saw da Red Arrows during a fly past in Montreal today! Dis da planes frum da UK dat fly upside down. She lubs when plane flies. I do knot know wot da big deal is. We habs nice trains heer and dey awr much bigger and make much more noise. Now THAT is impressive!!!

Also while wiki-walkie, we saw a baby bunneh and its momma. Momma-bear did knot lose an arm, butt it came close. We awr fierce hunters!

Yoor freend,

Charlie, who did knot had sandbox time today.

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

6 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

She got a package in the mail today and it was from Miss Jan and the Campers!   Peanut Butter Biscuits! 

Isn’t she the sweetest?

The toxic foam is no longer on the ground but will be in the groundwater For-Ev-Er. My cousin removed our pumps.

I get to meet Lupin tomorrow!! :pinkele

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Oh, Miss Nancy :grouphug

Miss Jennie...dat muss take da enjoyment owt ub lots ub fings...      Well, yes, and it makes things SO confusing! Here's my favorite example: Remember the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"? It starred Richard Dreyfuss and Francois Truffaut. Go look at photos of them at the ages they were in that movie. To the Face Blind, they look pretty much identical. So, as I watched the movie, it appeared to ME as if there was just one main male character, not two, who would be in a place, speaking unaccented English, and who would then inexplicably be seen in a completely different place, speaking with a French accent. With no attempt to explain these discrepancies, because of course there was no discrepancy, they were two different people, butt knot to me. So an already somewhat confusing movie was made absolutely bonkers to me :blink:. It wasn't until a few years ago, when I discovered I was face blind, that I realized why that movie was so confusing.

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

Miss Nancy, were so sorry about the Covids you got, and about your friendlie suffering anuther terrible loss.  :kiss2

Antie Jennie, Momma wants to know if you gots an inner voice or not??

The condition of not having an inner voice is called anendophasia, which means "without an inner voice". Some people who don't have an inner voice may instead visualize their thoughts, which is called "sensory awareness". 
People with aphantasia, a condition that makes it difficult to picture voluntary images in the mind, may also experience anaduralia, which is the absence of auditory imagery or inner voice. Aphantasia is sometimes called "blindness of the mind's eye". 
It's estimated that 30 to 50% of people don't have an inner voice. While the lack of an inner voice isn't necessarily bad, it could be important for learning methods and education. For example, in cognitive behavioral therapy, identifying and changing adverse thought patterns may be important, and having an inner voice may be helpful in this process. 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Miss Nancy of the Burg :grouphug 

We need meet-up pictures!   Have fun meeting Lupin Elizabeth!

Jim had a really bad night last night and decided it was time to get up at 2am. :wacko:  I will be :twd:today!

Charlie, those toy stores can really explode sometimes!  It looks like that around here when Cherry goes wild!

I hope everyone has a good day.

Kathy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Another foggy morning    :coffee

Jim :(     Effects of that beeg full moon…. 

Have fun with Lupin & Kerry :)

:nod    Jennie    :nod     This is why I never go to the movie theatres.  And hardly ever choose to watch a full length movie even on TV.  I just can’t figure it out.  Small-episode series on Netflix are much easier as I can get used to the characters and/or go back and re-watch parts to figure out who is who.  

I’m going to ride Patty. A short leisurely W/T.  Then I’ll be off to Kayak on the Salmon River.  It is an hour drive, but worth it.  We went there last September and the trees were gorgeous.  Not sure if we’ll find a chip truck, but there’s a small shop that has very good ice cream ;)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud Sunny Thorsday! Make it a gud one. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg