WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

5 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

When we elevated toe chopping to a new level, :rofl we had all four feet off the ground.  They were more relaxed that way as they basically give up fighting as they could not get any purchase on the ground. 

Oh, Cindy, your set up looks ideal.  I "bubba rigged" something involving paracord and carabiners tossed over the pergola supports.  At lease I had the decency to purchase him a proper sling with 4 leg holes. I need to shorten the paracord to get him truly airborne on all fours.  I'm not sure Ann and I can lift both ends of him if I do. :blush  The Velociraptor set up does allow him to settle and let me quickly buzz his nails. He declines cookies whilst in the contraption but gobbles them right up as soon as released.

Lacey, what a good girl you are!  You showed Miss Cindy that you really do lub her and that your Whirled revolves around habing her there.  :wub:  The humans really love that kinda affirmation. :kiss2  Backandforth for your spay surgery, Lacey.
And Mister David's kids stepped up to celebrate him for Father's Day. :yay

Wonderful backandforthing snacks from Miss Jen, Summer and Dio!  :chow

Miss Cindy and MIss Jenny wif KLilly!

Sid, your lumpy was full ob blood. :eek  I'm so glad it seems to be a playing injury and knot really scary bad. :kiss2 

Bras...Miss Patsy, Ma feels for you, she says.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

My poor little peanut!  She sailed through the surgery just fine but is not feeling too good right now.  And, when they went back to get her so she could go home, she started bleeding so she is now in heat so she gets to start her cycle and go through menopaws at the same time!  Poor baby. 

I hope Sid's hematoma resolves quickly.  Ouch!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Sid, a hematoma??     Do you need Amicar?

Thanks for the snax Miss Jenn, they are nom nom nom!

Poor Lacy, in heat and mennypaws at the same time!   Hmmm, watch out Miss Cindy!

Today a lady from Momma and Daddy's health insurance company came to do a free annual health assessment.    Momma had made the appointment times at 10 and 11 am since today wuz housecleening day,  but the housecleening ladies came early so they were here plusalso the nurse praktishuner is afraid ob dogs, so she and Momma and Daddy were out on the deck instead.   It is a beautimous bloo sky day wif temprachurs in the sebendylebens so they enjoyed their time outside!   

Miss Cindy, a quiet house is bery sad.   :grouphug 

Lacy, when you are feeling better we wuld lubs to be your teachers!  (well, maybe Miss Cindy wuld knot want you to learn anything from Cherry!  :lol:)

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud neerlee bedtyme to awl ower frendz.

We had sum sunneshyne dayz but wiv chillee windz I fink tumorro it gonna rayne until Moneyday. Mum will KNOT mynd too mutch ‘cos she supposed to tayke them batz flying Fursday and Sattiday eevningz but she hurtid hur bak agen wen she gaardning yesserday eevning. She KNOT going enneeware fower a wyle.  At leest she gottid sum mor ov them littul Sedum kuttings plantid owt reddee fower the wet wevver.

Miss. NancyToo did yu get the foteegraff Mum sended yu ov ower frunt gaardin? Yu wundered wat it look lyke.

We howpe Sid’s leg and Lacyfer’s tum heal up real kwik kwik.

Zavvi waz a sorta gud boy atta Show on Sunneday. He did deesyde he wantid to kill a verree laarge German Shepherd at wun poynt and a laarge Bully type dog (kompleet wiv muzzel) befor that. Mum towld him that waz KNOT a gud ideeya!

Well, we gotta watch the owld gurl potter around sloowlee and karefullee putting away the fud deelivree and then get reddee fower bed. Miss. Geraldine took me fower a short waak tuday but Zavvi just gottid a waak down the paff to the gowf korse wiv Mum. I dunno iffn we will get owt tumorro.

Gud nyte wagz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg on nursing dyootees.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Oh My.  Poor Lacifer  :unsure

:getwell  RECarol.  Sore backs are not fun.    And I'd like to see a photo of your garden, too!

I did text Morag about Amicar after I left Completely forgot about it when I was there.  Would it help with this?

I may also contact our Canine Blood Bank lady.  My dogs (including Sid) have given her a lot of blood over the years and she specializes in bleeding disorders.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Morag wants to know if the Tranexamic that you guys recommend is only given IV? 

The clinic will call some pharmacies tomorrow.

She thinks there is an oral version.  Has anyone used the oral version on their hounds? 

Dosage?    mg/kg  or  mg/lb

Amicar is not available in Canada.  

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Posted (edited)

Nancy, yes.  If the hematoma puffed up that fast then Amicar (or tranexamic acid, or Yunan Baio) will definitely help.  Watch for swelling down around his feet/ankle too, since the blood will pool at the lowest level available.  :kiss2

Miss Cindy!!!  :eek

Miss Nutmeg we hope you get a nice Wiki Walkie tomorrow in between the raindrops.

Miss Chris - :grad

ETA

Yes, there is also capsule Amicar that is the human formulation.  Tranexamic acid should also be available orally as a human drug.  Yunan Biao from the homeopathic section of a store or your acupuncture person will also be helpful.  Anything to help his blood clot.  I really wish I could push some of Flizzie's extras through the USB for you!  

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Amicar not available up here.  They'll call around for the Tran tomorrow. Just need a dosage for dogs.

yes - in horses the fluid will travel way down.  I've seen this on horses chset and the look like they've got 40DDD boobs.   He's mostly just lays down - old lazy boy - and does not mind the ice.    

• Like 1

Found a pharmacy that has Tranexamic Acid.   

Just need the proper dosage for a 30 kg dog   :dunno

Poor Sid!  But at least you know what it is.  I hope the right meds can help.  The only hematomas I saw when I worked for the vet in FL were in the ears.  And they didn't drain them because they'd just fill up again.  They had to slice the ear open, scrape it out, then stitch it back up.

It was lovely to have the delicious snacks while worrying, though.  :chow

And poor Lacy!  Sorry she's going through so much at once.

RE Carol, did you email the garden picture?  I am having a huge problem with my emails!  We spent most of the afternoon trying to fix this problem, and got nowhere.  For some mysterious and highly perplexing and frustrating reason, our email address has been blacklisted! And we can't access it.  And we did none of the things listed that would result in this.  We don't know how or why it happened.  Talked to Verizon---got no resolution.  We feel pretty helpless.  Has anyone heard of something like this?  We haven't.

I've read everything that I needed to catch up on, but I'm so tired I think I'm going to bed.  At 8:30.  I don't know why Mary and I stay up so late---another 3 AM bedtime.  It takes me a day to recover.  Her house seemed so empty too.  No Sly throwing toys around, putting his head on your lap, whining loudly when he was inside and we were on the porch. :weep

• Sad 1

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Nancy, the website veteducation.com outlines dosages for dogs.  Your vet could look there.  It talks about and initial IV dose of 10 mg per kg of weight.  I didn’t see an oral dose but maybe your vet could research it further .

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good snax, Miss Jenn.  Thanks!  

Miss O!C Nancy, I hope Sid's hematoma resolves itself quickly and completely.  Hope you can find meds to help it along.  :kiss2

Miss Patsy, years ago I bought a pair of Bezi Bra Discs.  Amazon has them.  They aren't cheap but last forever and really cover everything.  And they don't move.  No adhesive, but they stay in place nicely in a bralette.  

Miss Cindy, gentle nose kisses for you and Lacey to get through this quickly and safely.  Poor little baby!

Miss Kerry, our thoughts are with you, hoping for a speedy recovery.  

The A/C dood was here this afternoon.  He cleaned the coil and pronounced the old girl healthy and good for another year.  So that's done!  Off to the auto repair to get her AC charged up for the summer.  

I think getting into bed with a book and a fan running sounds like a good idea.  Anything else can wait until tomorrow.  

:hope for anyone who needs them tonight.  

• Like 2

Miss Noo Carol

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Amicar not available up here.  They'll call around for the Tran tomorrow. Just need a dosage for dogs.

yes - in horses the fluid will travel way down.  I've seen this on horses chset and the look like they've got 40DDD boobs.   He's mostly just lays down - old lazy boy - and does not mind the ice.    

Nancy, I put the dosages in your post in H&M.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Would you believe I'm still trying to wrangle madres taxes? Still trying to find her 2019 1040. My cheese done slid off the cracker. :blink:

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Sid & Lacy I hope the night is kinder to you than today.  I have my paws crossed for you both.

Zavi sound like you have a death wish barking at GS or Pitties.  I am sure Nutmeg doesnt approve of this behavior & objects to being put in harms way.

Miss Jenbo thanks for the snacks & good luck finding Madre's 19 taxes

Kerry here are some :bighug for you

Bitzi got to go & comfort mom, the Phillies are losing

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

I hope Sid and Lacy had a good night and hope they feel better today!

Ivy 

8 hours ago, Jenbo said:

My cheese done slid off the cracker. :blink:

That's a new phrase I've never heard before.  And yet... I understand it completely.

I'm off to Crossroads for the breakfast and lunch shift.  I'll check in on Lacy and Sid and all the humans later.

Oh yeah, and in spite of what you've seen on the national news, Punta Gorda got only 4" of rain.  It's flood.ing in Naples, 45 minutes south of us and in Cape Coral, 25 minutes south of us

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Might see the sun today   :coffee

Hope Lacy had a good night.  Cindy, too.

Sid is the same this morning…lumps is maybe a bit smaller but gums might be a bit paler :(     I have located some Tranexamic Acid and Morag will call the pharmacy.  Our Blood Bank gal also says this is the way to go. 

Bras. Hmmmm.  For riding I wear a ‘SheFit’ Ultimate Sports Bra.   Absolutely no bounce for my saggy 38D’s.  Does up in front.  They have lots of colours. Expensive but worth every penny.   Normal ‘go to town’ bra is made by ‘Olga’. 

Off to the Inn whilst I wait on Clinic and pharmacies to open.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Gud Thorsday! It iz lukkin like it wants tor rain, but it'll probably slide around us like it usually duz.

Hope ebberyone iz feelin bettah dis moanin.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Poor Lacey!  The double whammy.  Feel better soonest. :kiss2

How nice that the nurse assessments could happen on your lubly deck in great weather, Ivy. Too bad you couldn't be out there too.

Nutmeg, good girl for nursing your Mum's back pains.  Zavvi, are you brave butt maybe knot smart? :lol:  Your Mum is looking after you.

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, I sure hope Verizon can fix your weird email access problem. :kiss2

Miss Noo Carol, your AC is nice and clean and good for another summer! :yay  And you'll soon hab a cool car too.

Miss Jen, :grouphug  I sure hope that missing tax form shows itself ASAP.

Miss Elizabeth, I'm glad you got rain wifout floods.

Mam and Sid, I sure hope the TA pills will help wif that lump and stop the bleeding.  Ma has experience with the Yunnan Baiyao capsules.  MoMo's osteo on her ankle grew too huge to be contained in her skin (sorry) and it was a horrid bloody mess.  The oncologist prescribed the Yunnan Baiyao, which Ma could buy from Walmart or Amazon on line.  It really helped make bandaging and managing the awful osteo better by controlling the bleeding.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I didn’t make a postie lass nite, but we bin monitorin the Club on accounta I’m wortweed bout my friendlies! Why is alla Sid’s blud going in that lump? :unsure I juss knew Miss Ducky would know how mutch medisin to give. Hopefully it helps! And I shore hope leddle Lacey is OK. :hope A houndie bleedink from her lady parts immediately affer gettin spayed does not sound like a heet cycle to me.

It is the first day of Mistress’ long long weekend. And it’s hot and hoomid. I juss got swizzed round the block and still my tung was draggin. She thot she could do the yard werk today but that’s gonna get postponed and hope tamarra is bedder.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Checking in to see how little Lacy is doing :hope

Sid is the same. Gums OK.  Icing. Resting.  Prescription has been called in but I’m waiting a bit longer here  - I do not want to get there and have to wait.  It is a busy pharmacy in town - but closest city one to us - and everyone says they are very s-l-o-w 

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts - the Vet is just as stumped as to what has caused this.  I’m half tempted to shave him.  Being a solid Irish boy he has super thick fur and you can’t really see if there’s any bruising.  But it does noe seem to be painful to touch.  Maybe he’s just super stoic.

• Like 2

Hello my Friendlies!!

All sunnings all day today!!!  Yesserday we just had affernoon sunnings.  :(  

Mam, Momma says that us houndies ushually don't even react to stuff like that in her hexpereeyince!!  :lol  Tho she's sure it probly does hurt some and bug him.  You're probly rite about Miss Joshi jumping on him, but this seems kinda like a extreem reakshun for she some playing!!  :eek  We hope the TA stuff will help him.  Oh yeah!  Do try and get some of that YUnan Baio stuff from somewheres.  It keeps for a good long time, and it's handy to have around just in case of those pesky nikks and cuts we always get.  You can put it rite on a wound, like Miss Loosy said, and it doesn't sting so much like Qwikstop or other clotting powders.  It probly works on horsies and ponies too!!

MIster Sid  :hope 

We are kinda wunnering how that bleeding with Little Lacifer works too.  I meen, if you take the lady parts out, how is she bleeding??  Little Lacey  :hope 

Is it sooper hawt there Miss Wiki??  I don't like sooper hawt eether!  :bugeye  Hey!  How that poisunuss plant doing??  Is it growing good??

We're glad your AyyCee is all clean and working good Miss Noo Carol!!!  :yay  

Miss Ivy!  Watta SWIZZ you didn't get to monitor those nurses talking to you Daddy!!!  :shakefinger   A houndie nurse should always be involved in the meetings!!!

15 hours ago, Jenbo said:

My cheese done slid off the cracker. :blink:

If your cheeze slidded offa your crakker, Miss Ivy and Miss Summer woulda had some cheeze!!!  :chow  

Hope you had a good time at your volunteering place Miss Lizabeth!!  Momma is kinda wurried about the flooding cause she's gotta horsie that just gotted moved to Gulfstream Park!!!  Which is mostly unner waders rite now!!!  :eek  Forchunately, it seems that filly is up higher at Palm Meadows so she's not getting her hoofies wet!!

Gess WUT?????  We gotted pizza bones yesserday!!  Daddy wanted Hawaiian pizza so we got some deelivery!   And we gotted some bones, and some peeses of pineapple (which is really YUMMO!), and a small peese of akchooal pizza!!!  :chow  It was awesome!!!

And plus also - you should NOT read this part if you are skweemishikal about d-e-d aminals I gess -  Flizzie digged a real live akchooal MOLE out of the ground yesserday whilst Momma was bizzy digging herown hole!!!  Unforchoonately, that resulted in the mole getting kilt d-e-d and Momma had to clean it up.  But she was impresst that Flizz was digging fast enuff to ketch it!

Momma was bizzy digging a big hole so she could plant a big boosh.  We hadded a yellow smoke boosh in a pot on the deck for a few years, but like a lotta plantings, it did NOT start growing when the springtime comed and Momma figgered it was d-e-d too.  So she dumped it out on the ground over the railing so she could cut it apart and put it in the yard recycle.  But then a few days later - before she could cut it apart - it started growing!!!  So Momma decided it needed to get planted in the ground instead of going back in a pot, but it needed a really big hole!!!  Her hands are kinda hurty today, but she got the hole digged and the boosh planted!!  

So that was the essitment yesserday - a mole and a boosh!!!  :lol  Oh yeah.  And she finally balanced the chekking book.  :dunno  I don't know what's gonna happen today tho.  

Wishings for a thankfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants