Have you seen my puppy?

Because she has been replaced with a darling young lady instead. 

L - 12 weeks (12 lbs)

R - 18 weeks (24 lbs) 

4B59C586-593C-4188-8DD8-C39293D0AC15

• Like 7

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

<swoon>

The change in her appearance is amazing. She looks not only bigger and less like a puppy, but much more hound-y. Her eyes remain extraordinary.

:beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

20 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

<I don't need a puppy, I don't need a puppy>

You actually do though and they are very easy to raise :ph34r

44 minutes ago, GreyPoopon said:

<swoon>

The change in her appearance is amazing. She looks not only bigger and less like a puppy, but much more hound-y. Her eyes remain extraordinary.

I bet this is how dads of preteen girls feel. I don’t think I like it. 

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Ours is a camp for seniors but please stop with the photos, I am feeling faint. Poppy :beatheart

The Fast Friends auction has a sweet BRS collar, just sayin' :D

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She is adorable but I would so miss the fuzzy furs.  The next thing you know, your husband is going to be telling the neighbor boy dogs that he isn't afraid to go back to prison!  My ex told that to the boys who hung around our daughter - the looks were hysterical.  Our daughter just rolled her eyes.  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I LOVE POPPY SO MUCH!!!!!!

And I also really miss my own puppies!!  Treasure this time...  :wub:  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

(thud)   Lovely at all stages.  How much did she weigh in pic 1 and how much in pic 2?  

<I don't need a puppy, I don't need a puppy>

But Willa needs a puppy to play with.  You'd get one for Willa, wouldn't you?  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Often times on Facebook I see people reacting to a photo posted by its owner. They say he or she "looks just like my greyhound!"  I admit to reading those comments with an eye roll beause of course you'll see another greyhound that looks like your own online, given the color combos for greyhounds. 

But now I am one of those people.

I have always wondered my my first greyhound Gracie  (Dusty Lady), would have looked like as a puppy.  Thanks to your Poppy photos, I finally know.  :beatheart

• Like 3

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

1 hour ago, macoduck said:

Often times on Facebook I see people reacting to a photo posted by its owner. They say he or she "looks just like my greyhound!"  I admit to reading those comments with an eye roll beause of course you'll see another greyhound that looks like your own online, given the color combos for greyhounds. 

But now I am one of those people.

I have always wondered my my first greyhound Gracie  (Dusty Lady), would have looked like as a puppy.  Thanks to your Poppy photos, I finally know.  :beatheart

So funny and so true. I literally just told Jan today that Poppy looks like a Baby Sweep to me, although Poppy's a little redder. And then Cindy posted Zeke pics and *he* reminded me of Sweep (but with Willa's personality) :brokenheart. We all might be a little obsessed with our dogs.

• Like 2

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

23 hours ago, gracegirl said:

I bet this is how dads of preteen girls feel. I don’t think I like it. 

Yeah. It happens so fast. :grouphug 

ETA: I have zero interest in getting another puppy of any sort, but there's an almost-9 yr old broodie that might be up for a move to Canada, eh...

Edited by GreyPoopon
  • Like 3

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

20 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

(thud)   Lovely at all stages.  How much did she weigh in pic 1 and how much in pic 2?  

But Willa needs a puppy to play with.  You'd get one for Willa, wouldn't you?  

She doubled in weight between the two photos! Photo one is 12 lbs (just off the farm and def on the malnourished side) vs 24 lbs of all-you-can-eat spoiled house dog eating high quality kibble with supplements. And she’s still on the skinny side. 

22 hours ago, greysmom said:

I LOVE POPPY SO MUCH!!!!!!

And I also really miss my own puppies!!  Treasure this time...  :wub:  

I don’t want to rush the puppy stage but I am looking forward to owning a respectable adult dog some day  :D

On 4/5/2024 at 6:02 AM, FiveRoooooers said:

Ours is a camp for seniors but please stop with the photos, I am feeling faint. Poppy :beatheart

The Fast Friends auction has a sweet BRS collar, just sayin' :D

I just decided to look out of curiosity and placed a bid so thank you. 

1 hour ago, gracegirl said:

I don’t want to rush the puppy stage but I am looking forward to owning a respectable adult dog some day  :D  

Don't count on it!!!  :rofl 

• Haha 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

54 minutes ago, greysmom said:

Don't count on it!!!  :rofl 

Noted! 

21 hours ago, gracegirl said:

I just decided to look out of curiosity and placed a bid so thank you. 

Oooh! That is going to look soo good on Poppy! Congrats! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

7 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

I love the mascara, the eyebrows and especially the ring of white around her nose. But why do all greyhound pups look like they are just about to get into mischief?

Because they absolutely 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, are about to do exactly that! Ask me how I know. :banana

• Haha 1

HOLY COW what a cutie!!!!!!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala