Nothing To See Here

A couple of weeks ago, Punkin had surgery to remove a mass from her shoulder. The mass looked so much like a simple lipoma and we were all shocked when the pathology came back as a Gr. 2 soft tissue sarcoma, not the worst but still, not good. Our doc got extremely good margins but apparently didn't get everything. :sad1 For now, we wait and watch for any regrowth. Today, Punkin had her sutures removed and the site looks fantastic. She was such a good little patient during recovery, never needing a cone or donut (around her neck anyhoo!) and she is feeling really well. 

The campers travel together and today of course AnnIE came with, which was a blessing so that we could discuss her incident of yesterday, a focal seizure. She hasn't had any *that I've seen* since 2018 2020! and those were much more intense and violent. I caught yesterdays episode, just shy of three minutes, on video and sent it right away to the clinic. AnnIE was tired for a good part of the day but today she is totally herownself. These events are so random, there's nothing to do at this point other than to watch and make notes of any future occurrences, and keep visiting the LieBerry to read with the kidlets. :wub:

So, nothing to see here. Phew. 

IMG-3906.jpg

Edited by FiveRoooooers
  • Like 3

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It's good that Punkin's site is healing well. Fingers crossed that the margins were "good enough" if not perfect. I also hope AnnIE doesn't have another incident anytime soon. 

I love that the girls support each other during their vet visits. :beatheart 

• Like 3

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thank you! Punkin, the girl who pretty much ignores the basket of stuffies, is obsessed with what arrived recently from a secret admirer. Makes my heart sing to see her so happy. 

IMG-4625.jpg

• Like 6

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:drama - KNOT! Let's keep things nice and boring for a while, shall we, ladies? I am thrilled that Punkin is feeling so spry (she really looks faboo—so bright and engaged), and after her rest AnnIE will no doubt be accosting strangers for scritches at the first opportunity to live up to her name. Gentle pets and :kiss2 for the girls and lots of :bighugfor Miss Jan after this :whiteflag month. 

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Watching our dogs age it is surprising when what were routine days suddenly get a nudge into uh-oh territory.  Jan, I bet you were holding your breath filming the video.

NoAh has a theory on why Punkin is so taken with the new stuffie:  it does knot yet have her sister's stink smell on it, so DIBS!

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Aww, look at both of your pretty girls!  Paws crossed it will be years before another seizure.  Years ago (!), my last whippet had a melanoma mass on his side that had gotten removed prior to his living with me.  When he was about 13, the mass returned.  They removed it again and it never did reappear before he passed at 15.5.  Hoping you have the same success!  

:grouphug 

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Punkin and AnnIE, you are both so beautiful and engaging that you do not need to go to these lengths to get attention.  Bestest wishes for you both, and for hugs for your mom.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Well, I am out of Likes again :lol: but Thank You everyone for your good thoughts and support for us. We are all for no more drama or hiccups; there was definite breath holding whilst videoing, as well as being grateful for having the light bulb go on to GetTheCamera!!; and it is reassuring to hear how far apart these incidents can be whilst living a normal life, underscoring my doubly-crossed everything given the previous events were in 2018. Thank you all for the :grouphug and :bighug

Noah's stuffie theory may be spot-on :lol, thanks buddy :kiss2

Your sweet girls, Jan!!  :wub:  

That's why you *always* get lumps checked out!!!  :thumbs-up  :nod  

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Good to hear that all went well at the vet. Those seizures are scary when they happen. We had what I will call "episodes" which could have been seizures or could have been other things with several of the seniors that have come through here. It's always scary.  Getting it on video was the right move. 

I hope that was a one-time thing for Miss AnnIE. 

Ear rubs to both of those girls! 

• Like 1
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

23 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Punkin, the girl who pretty much ignores the basket of stuffies, is obsessed with what arrived recently from a secret admirer. Makes my heart sing to see her so happy. 

She looks so alive and engaged in that photo. :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart 

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Late to the "party" as I am, I'll just say that I'm glad that Punkin and AnnIE are doing better and better now. :grouphug   Punkin has discovered a toy she likes! :yay

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.