In Memory of Max

Ilaria

We were celebrating Max only a few days ago and he suddetly left us yesterday night. The grief is unsustainable, I loved him so much and I miss him so much I can't breathe. He was in the yard as usuale when he cried loud, I ran to him and he was fainting. We took him inside and he recovered a bit. We carried him to the vet and they found out his heart was bleeding, they tried to drain it but there was a lesion that kept bleeding. They couldn't do more than put him to sleep.

Max was stunning, a real hearthbreaker, everybody loved him. And most he was the kindest soul on planet earth. He loved pizza above all, and his cookies. He loved being hugged and scratched for hours. He always had a smiley face and he always put a smile on mine with his quirks. He loved a good dive in the river but only until he could touch his feet, he loved his morning walk even if the weight of years shortened it lately. Oh and he loved the snow, but also snuggling under a million rugs and pillows and snooze all day long, expecially during rainy days.

Yesterday morning we had our walk, the he the his breakfast and took a nap with his human dad. At lunch he was hungry again and he got cookies and chiken. He was happy, he did his usual bouncing dance while preparing for the walk.

Goodspeed my sweet brindle angel

https://ibb.co/dmWW0H7

Edited by Ilaria
  • Sad 3

I am so very sorry. We had just been introduced to Max a few days ago, delighting in his reaching almost 14 years - no small accomplishment! Something must have been brewing and as a dear friend once said to me, "they are ok until they're not."  You have such beautiful memories shared with Max, they will help carry you through as you navigate a new normal. Please know that you are not alone and we are keeping you in our thoughts. :grouphug

Godspeed good boy, and please send your family a sign, they're going to need that. :angelwings

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug  Take comfort in knowing that Max was enjoying his life, loving it, and loving his humans, right until the very end.  Take comfort in the wonderful memories you build with him.  Fare thee well, Max.

There is a line from an old song that comforts me in loss and grief:  True love shall never be broken.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. Max lived a wonderful long life with you, but it is never enough time. It sounds like he had as perfect a last day as anyone could wish for. I hope your good memories of him will sustain you in the days ahead.

Rest well, handsome boy. 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry that it was your boy's time to leave you. :grouphug      I will add Max's name to the list of Bridge Angels here on Greytalk.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss of beautiful Max. Fly with the Angel's sweetheart. 

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

I am so sorry for your sudden loss :grouphug  The shock of going from ‘everything is ok’ to ‘he’s gone’ is hard to process. He had a wonderful life with you and a perfect last day, I hope that helps when you get past the first grief. 
:f_red

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. :f_red

Run-free, Max. When you get to the Bridge, there will be a whole crew of knuckleheads GreyTalk Hounds there to greet you. Tell Rocket that I sent you and he will show you the way to Chef Seamie's unlimited bacon buffet. 

• Sad 1
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so very sorry for your loss.  We lost two of our greyhounds to sudden internal bleeding.  I understand your pain.  

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Max. :cry1 But I am glad you got to introduce him to all of us here.  He had a wonderful life! 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

I am so sorry.  It is such a terrible loss when you have built a wonderful life together.  :grouphug 

May the happy memories that hurt so much now gradually bring you comfort and even happiness again.  

May your spirit run with the wind, beloved Max.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm so very sorry that your precious handsome boy had to leave.

Godspeed Max.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome Max.

Remember all the good times…

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

My heart is breaking for you. My deepest sympathy. :f_red

You are racked and torn by the pain of our separation and it blinds you to that which is right in front of you...me.  

I want you to do me a favor and go back in time with me. Remember the glorious day I came to you - was I not the most intriguing creature you'd ever met? Did I not make you laugh and giggle? Did I not look at you with such adoration that you wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of your life with me? I wanted this too.  

Remember the days when I was in my prime and we did many things together. You were so proud of me! I was a good friend and I took care of you. When you didn't have a lot of time for me because of your obligations, I waited patiently for you. I was always there when you needed me. Did I not look at you with such acceptance and patience that perhaps at times you felt a bit unworthy? You were never unworthy in my eyes.  I couldn't get enough of you. 

Remember the last time we saw each other with earthly eyes. You tried to be brave. I know you so well, better than anyone else in the world. Did I not look at you with such pure trust and love that you yearned only to hold me close and keep me with you always? Did you not promise that you would love me forever? I believed you.  

Remember the depth of love in my eyes when I looked at you. Who created this love? Would the Creator diminish the song of our laughter that grew and flourished in this love? I am no longer an earthly figure, this is true. My body was only part of who I really am and it would have been but a mere shell on earth if it were not filled to overflowing with my soul, my spirit and my loving light. When we met you thought I was beautiful and wonderful. What kind of relationship would we have had if this were all that I'd been? How could you have loved me if I'd had no spiritual substance? 

You cry because you miss me, this I understand. I miss you too - I miss the belly rubs, hugs and kisses that we shared. But life does go on beyond these wonderful, fulfilling physical connections. I came to this place to continue on in a new life, not because I didn't love you anymore or because I wanted something better. I came here because it was time for me to go to the next phase of my existence, something all living creatures must do eventually. It is the normal progression of life. I was not taken away from you because you cannot take away that which was never owned. My presence in your life was and is a gift to be cherished and honored just as I cherish and honor you.  

….when I took leave of my earthly body I left a little something behind for you. You can't touch it, hold it or examine it, for what I left behind is far too uninhibited for confinement. I left in your tender care a piece of my soul. I placed it right next to your own which is quite fitting as we were always side by side in our earthly life together. I love you too much to have left you with nothing but memories that tend to fade and grow cloudy as the years go by. I love you too much to have vanished without a trace. How selfish it would be of me to remove love and light from your life.  

I understand your tears, each one you shed is testament to your love for me and I am honored and humbled. But don't forget the good things we shared - remember and smile. This is an honor for me as well. When you need me I will be here. Close your eyes, relax, take slow, deep breaths and picture me in your mind. Shut off the world and your notions of what you think death is and give me a chance. Look for the subtle signs I send you. Don't stop being proud of me, I am a friend to be proud of, I am still your friend and soul mate. Don't memorialize the death of my body but instead honor and celebrate my never-ending life for it is eternal and forever as is my love for you.  

Until we meet again...