Hello!

Hi everyone,

I have been reading for a while the forum but thought it would be time to present our little Rocket! He is 4 years soon and we adopted him 2 months ago now.

A retired racer from Ireland, but we live in Sweden so he had a long journey before coming to us. He is a big black dog, has been in the shelter for 8 months before we adopted him. We are in a city but he is not scared at all, he loves sniffing all the new odors around. He loves his walk, the couch but sometimes also just lying on our flour! (?)

He is very sweet and looks for cuddle but also wants to play a lot. He has a lot of energy and his almost 2 hours of walk a day seem to be just enough for him :) We love him very much!

Anyway I thought I'll do a quick presentation before I ask some questions :)

https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZ6TQbZp2w1g9LALwyAyxe2ouIFPuTH80M7

:welcome  Welcome to Greytalk - Rocket looks very sweet, and also right at home with you! We'll look forward to reading more about your adventres together in Sweden.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Welcome to Rocket and fam from AnnIE, a med-sized black houndie and her brindley roommate Punkin in Maine!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hej! Welcome to you and the handsome Rocket from Doolin and Willa, brindle littermates in Nashville. We look forward to hearing more from you.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Hey y'all, as we say in sunny South Carolina! G is a part Irish, black with white boy. No matter the color, the kisses are the same!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Welcome from two more Irish black hounds, Grace and Guinness, now mostly sleeping interrupted with the occasional raoching in England.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Welcome to Greytalk from yet another handsome black hound, Nate, in South Carolina in the US.  Your Rocket looks so happy and settled with you. :wub:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:56 AM, racindog said:

Welcome to another black houndie lover.  They are little furnaces and mine never got cold even in winter.  Give Rocket some scritches for me! :beatheart

:beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome to greytalk. I've had 10 greyhounds of which 4 were black. They are all beautiful. Enjoy your special baby and look for our Christmas card exchange signup in Oct. That's when we exchange pictures of our special babies.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, Jerilyn said:

Another welcome from the black hound division! My Wiki and I are in Wisconsin.  

Are there many greyhounds in Sweden?

We see mostly Whippets and Italian greyhounds where we are! There's a lot of sight-hounds adoption websites so there may be more in the countryside! We are in a (small city)!

We only know of one other greyhound nearby us, also adopted from Ireland!