The 11th Anniversary of the Great International Houndie Handoff

greysmom

Today's the 11th Anniversary of the Great International Houndie Handoff.
We lost our sweet Whiskey boy 4 years ago, and Lilly just last February, so this is a very bittersweet day full of memories. We might need to have a Dubbel Meat Turnkey Sammich from Subway to honor their presence in our lives today.
A celebration of the power of greyhounds and the greyhound community to bring people together.

Today was the day when my friend Jennie P and I met Debbie Ward and John Ward in Peace Park, Blaine WA to do the Great International Houndie Handoff!
Whiskey came from Vermont, and Lilly from Alberta, Canada due to the most wonderful friends on the planet! That includes Donna Deskin, too!
We spent the night in Blaine and then drove home the next day to meet the other dogs and the Daddieman.

No photo description available.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Seems like this was just last week.

I remember all of us tracking the progress as this happened and the excitement of it all, as well as following Whisley and Lily's adventures with you. We all miss them. :heart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Eleven? Impossible. That was a great journey! :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Eleventh Anniversary?   Wow, it seems like just yesterday.   These are some of my favorite pictures and I've always loved the story!  :beatheart 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Awwwww, that was one of the best nights of my life, sitting up with those 2, watching Lily shove Whiskey out of the big bed, taking them up the icy driveway every 2 hours all night long to potty, and watching Lily and Whiskey bond for life in such a new and scary situation. I'm forever grateful to have been part of it. I miss Lily and Whiskey every day. She was so LITTLE ... and got so BIG. Butt somehow I never thought of her leaving us behind. Rest well, my 2 houndie friends, you are so loved.

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

:wub:     The absolute best GT story     :wub:

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hard to believe it's been 11 years.  It was a great story and nobody was busted for houndie smuggling :D

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)