She had been called “Annie Oooh Mayhem” but we’ve changed that to “Annie I’m Embarrassing”

image.jpeg.d580a74c2ed4cc3b8cbcee2da8ad38d6.jpeg

During walks she whines. And whines. And whines, whilst being on high alert. Looking for people. Kids in particular. Or grannys. Or anyone, really, who will stop and pet her. She steps away from me and sidesteps toward them, leaving them no escape :lol She then leans and snuggles into her new friend, almost giggling with delight with the interaction. When it’s over she turns to leave with them :lol She would go with almost anyone. 
She loves walking through town. She invited herself into a shop recently where the owner welcomed her with “Hi Annie, I’ve heard about you!” :rofl This visit was with “Grandma Linda” who greeted her with “Hi honey” :wub: 

When asked what’s her name, all I can say is she’s Annie I’m Embarrassing” 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Don't worry, Annie. Therre's always a spot for you at Camp Broodie. Bring Punkin too...:beatheart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:lol 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

💖💖💖💖💖💖

Our first greyhound Libby was exactly like Annie!!  We took her on vacation to Seattle and stayed in a downtown dog friendly hotel.  Every time we had to take her walking to potty she would - literally - mug strangers jn the street to pet her.  She would see someone coming and deliberately step right in their way and stop dead, so THEY had to stop and pet her!!!  :rolleyes:  We met so many people because of Libby!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I had to read it carefully to realise you meant the greyhound was Annie I'm Embarrassing not the lady in pink :rofl

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

10 hours ago, greysmom said:

💖💖💖💖💖💖

Our first greyhound Libby was exactly like Annie!!  We took her on vacation to Seattle and stayed in a downtown dog friendly hotel.  Every time we had to take her walking to potty she would - literally - mug strangers jn the street to pet her.  She would see someone coming and deliberately step right in their way and stop dead, so THEY had to stop and pet her!!!  :rolleyes:  We met so many people because of Libby!!

That's it! :beatheart :beatheart Leaving strangers no option other than to stop and be loved on! 

When this happens (every day lol) I now just roll my eyes and say "Please pet this dog" :lol :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

12 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Sweet girl. I'd be a willing target for her anytime! :wub:

Me too! I love meeting dog, especially dogs that love meeting me. :blush  :wub:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Poor girl is trying to make up for her life of social deprivation at home.  :)  

What does Punkin do while all this is going on?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

52 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Poor girl is trying to make up for her life of social deprivation at home.  :)  

What does Punkin do while all this is going on?  

Annie I’m Ridiculous is also used quite often :lol

Punkin is all about the sniffs! This was a rare “oooh lemme check you out” moment :wub:

image.jpeg.50de60503d87822be5dced9f9882bc44.jpeg

Val used to be that way too, trying to pull me across the street to say hello :lol As long as it was older children or adults, that is. She is afraid of babies and small children.

I am pretty sure in that first picture Punkin is rolling her eyes and saying “we are not with her” :rofl

4 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

That's it! :beatheart :beatheart Leaving strangers no option other than to stop and be loved on! 

When this happens (every day lol) I now just roll my eyes and say "Please pet this dog" :lol :beatheart

You need a scarf for her that says "Please pet this dog. :heart"  Reminds me a bit of another greyhound we both know, eh?

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

59 minutes ago, MarcR said:

You need a scarf for her that says "Please pet this dog. :heart"  Reminds me a bit of another greyhound we both know, eh?

Excellent idea! And you’re right. Knot quite the same but close :wub:

This was today. “Oooh hai. Yu habs kidlets. I lubs kidlets!”

image.jpeg.aeba7ce17a2832c8ce4de9f7d7d42504.jpeg

Wiki saw this and has taken it as a lesson. The past three days on Wiki walkie she spotted older ladies working in their yards and stopped and looked at them with her big eyes until they said, "what a sweet dog" and came to pet her. Annie is a good role model!

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

10 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Wiki saw this and has taken it as a lesson. The past three days on Wiki walkie she spotted older ladies working in their yards and stopped and looked at them with her big eyes until they said, "what a sweet dog" and came to pet her. Annie is a good role model!

Wiki? Stik wif me gurl, yur doin it rite! 

:wub: