Welcome Home Andi!!!

greysmom

I was pointed out to me today that I have been remiss in introducing our new girl.  She's been home since 9/7 so I think she's here to stay!!

After Atom crossed the Bridge in June we were really missing that kind of energy in the house.  And losing him the way we did - to a congenital heart issue - was really wrenching.  He was so young and had a whole life ahead of him that was cut so short.  We kind of felt cheated out of all the years we weren't going to have him.  So we began to look for another young dog - though KNOT another puppy!!!

Our group, like most adoption groups, is really hurting for dogs.  The Florida situation and having so many breeders and trainers getting out of the business means there's not the supply of greyhounds out there - particularly in the opposite corner of the country from where most of the dogs are right now.  Plus, there's a waiting list of people 20-30 deep, who have put in their applications and paid their money to get a dog.  So I started looking at other types of rescues, other breeds, even other countries for a suitable new family member.

Nothing seemed like the right fit.  On a whim, I contacted Atom's breeder in Kansas to see if any of his litter were going to flunk out of training.  She said no, but that there was one sister who she was keeping at the farm due to a minor injury.  And we said we'd take her!

It was more tyhan a month of waiting before a haul could get arranged and filled, and then the hauling truck broke down in some small town and there was another week of delay!  But she finally got here, and we are totally smitten!

Here she is at the kennel that day the haul came in.

48696922846_9a600c97bf_c.jpg20190907_184727 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

48696921541_7f54c84472_c.jpg20190907_160435 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And at home later

48696924241_0c0cb76d41_c.jpg20190907_210351 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

48722809093_493522d006_c.jpg20190912_112856 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And a picture of Atom for comparison.

48005959277_9aa1e871fa_c.jpg20190604_143333 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Despite them being separated very young - Atom was 12 weeks old when we got him last year - they are *very* much alike!  She's got a little softer personality, and doesn't have his boldness, but their expression and mannerisms are really similar.  Even her barking voice sounds a lot like his!

And she is seriously one of the most gorgeous dogs I've ever seen!  Pictures do NOT do her justice.  Technically, I think she's listed as a red fawn, but she's so heavily sabled all over that she looks dun in some lights.

We are just smitten with our new princess!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Congrats on your beautiful girl! She looks so worried in the first pix and so much more relaxed once she got home.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Congratulations!  She is gorgeous! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Beautiful girlie! Welcome home sweetie! :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations!

She's lovely. It must be both disconcerting and reassuring that she share's some of Atom's qualities. :beatheart

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Wonderful!  She does have a strong resemblance to Atom -- she "favors" him, as we say in this part of the country.  :)  

Even her barking voice sounds a lot like his!

But does she bark as much as Atom?  :lol  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome home to Andi, and congrats to the whole back! :wub: She is adorable!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

• 5 months later...