Slumber Balls Are Going To Be Discountinued!

i spoke with customer service at Drs. Fosters and Smith today since low and behold our 11 month old slumber ball's interior lining is ripped- and neither of my dogs are nesters! they only have a 60 day warrantee on the beds so ours is well past their warrantee. The customer service rep stated that they will no longer being carrying the product, no liners or additional covers are currently available.

So, for all of you out there who are thinking of a slumber ball bed- GO FOR IT! they will become extinct!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what???? It's gotta be their best seller. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We just got an order of the filling from them to re-stuff Rocket's Slumber Ball last week . Anyone want to go into the Slumber Ball Business?

As i recall, they were recently bought by PetSmart (from this point forward known as PetFart.) I guess this is the first of great decisions that will ruin a good company.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:crying When I bought ours, it was on 50% off so I bought a second one which is currently in the box. Really glad I did that now!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Ordered another one for Phoebe. :)

Finally going to get rid of the original dog bed we got in 2001 when we adopted our first grey. The cover is disintegrating every time I wash it. It's been a good run! 17 years and 5 dogs....not bad.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

well, if they're not making them anymore, THIS is probably the reason. How many OTHER houndies have been EATEN by a Slumberball???? It's no wonder they have done the right thing and stopped making them!

gallery_8701_3591_32611.jpg

:P :P :lol

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

just went to their site, they have them on sale but only have up to the XL size (we get the Giant....)>....

well, if they're not making them anymore, THIS is probably the reason. How many OTHER houndies have been EATEN by a Slumberball???? It's no wonder they have done the right thing and stopped making them!

Yeah, that's knot good product advertising :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kind of like the view next to my chair except the Slumber Ball is much flatter now.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

They're going to discontinue slumber balls???????? Must be the Russians again.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Just an FYI - I attempted to order an XL in the Sage Color today and was told that color has been discontinued :( They only have three colors left in the 44" size recommended for Greyhounds. They are 50% off right now....

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+1+32475+23384&pcatid=23384

OWNER OF "KEEPER INTREPID" & "WIND AS WITNESS"

omg, :yikes so i return to the living room with the freshly washed cover of one of those slumber balls in hand.....the wisenheimer totally ripped the other inner liner! i know it was the new kid on the block since there was fluff on the rug and felix does not have enough energy to do that! 3 rubber bands later, it's repaired and smaller, no way could the lining be sewn. so, i now have 2 slumber balls with ripped liners. i'll eventually condense it into one and just have an extra cover and figure out what the next bed will be. mean while the bed w/ the major darts held together by rubber bands is much much fluffier!

Edited by cleptogrey

Yikes. Last year I tried so hard to find out who their supplier for these was and couldn't figure it out. Maybe now they'll reveal that information to a competitor. Let me look around a bit...

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Yikes. Last year I tried so hard to find out who their supplier for these was and couldn't figure it out. Maybe now they'll reveal that information to a competitor. Let me look around a bit...

Detective work at its best! gallery_15587_3010_5789.gif

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Thanks as always to this board! We ordered two last week, just to make sure we could get another before they are gone. So silly that they are being discontinued. Maybe they will just come in a different fabric?

That could be. There was a rumor a couple of years ago that Costco was discontinuing their bolster beds. The beds disappeared for about six months, then came back with new covers.

So Fosters and Smith customer service replied back to me today to say that they haven't made any decisions about which products to discontinue. And even if they did, their manufacturers are proprietary information so they can't tell me who they are. LOL! Sheesh, how very corporate!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

That could be. There was a rumor a couple of years ago that Costco was discontinuing their bolster beds. The beds disappeared for about six months, then came back with new covers.

I wish Costco would come back with the plain rectangular beds. They fit perfect in the boyz' crates and they are just about ready to be pitched :(

I wish Costco would come back with the plain rectangular beds. They fit perfect in the boyz' crates and they are just about ready to be pitched :(

I know, my last two are stacked up in the bedroom, and Conner prefers that bed over the two newer bolsters. Prefers, as in, pouts and whines and leaves the room if Val is on it :lol