Slumber Balls Are Going To Be Discountinued!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Fosters and Smith customer service replied back to me today to say that they haven't made any decisions about which products to discontinue. And even if they did, their manufacturers are proprietary information so they can't tell me who they are. LOL! Sheesh, how very corporate!

they are made in china, like everything else.....TARIFFS???

you got a totally different answer.

the material that costco has started to use is garbage! i was looking for dental chews the other day and a new box of beds was just opened. awful! a nester would destroy it in a week!

yes, i picked up 3 bolster beds( for me and friends) at $15 each when they were discontinuing them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yikes. Last year I tried so hard to find out who their supplier for these was and couldn't figure it out. Maybe now they'll reveal that information to a competitor. Let me look around a bit...

I used to work at DFS and I believe Jacquart fabrics in MI manufactured these if Im remembering correctly. Wonder if they would make these for a different pet supply company since DFS is closing down now due to Petco taking them over. I have two Italian Greyhounds that love these beds as well.

https://www.jacquarts.com

I so hope some smart company will start making these beds again.

I'm currently struggling, with much frustration, to make a knock-off Slumber Ball because my 2 dogs are constantly squabbling over who gets to sleep on the one real Slumber Ball I have. After the expense and hassle of trying to sew something similar, I'd so happily pay someone else to do that!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

ok, people, I have a brand new Slumber ball that Jasper will not even put a foot on it's the 44 inch in brown corduroy.

we bought it about 8 months ago and still he won't touch it. I can't even remember what we paid for it. Who wants it?????

Ruth in Idaho

Ruth, I really thought when I unpacked the Slumber Ball that my timid boy SPirit would be hesitant to climb aboard. Wrong! He hopped right up there and loves it. I'd be very interested in talking about purchasing your unused bed.

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Ruth, I see that you found it. Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: I sent address info in the "Slumber Ball" PM you responded to yesterday here on GreyTalk. I also sent that info in a reply to your PM to me earlier this morning. In the uppers right of the GT screen, to the left of your user name, click on the envelope symbol to see the PM conversations. Otherwise, I'll just email you, if that is easier.

Edited by LBass

• 1 month later...

I'm toying with an etsy business to produce and sell an improved slumberball concept (no more clumpy fluff!) Will ask shortly for product testers! Currently sourcing all my materials and working out a business plan. (While watching my boys sleep in their homemade balls!)

I'm toying with an etsy business to produce and sell an improved slumberball concept (no more clumpy fluff!) Will ask shortly for product testers! Currently sourcing all my materials and working out a business plan. (While watching my boys sleep in their homemade balls!)

I'm in!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This week Costco had this and I thought what a great slumberball that would make? $99 and it was Very Comfy  :lol

67763088_2294874187495714_72731114488410

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I know I’m a year late but I just discovered the whole slumber ball debacle!! I’m devastated! We love ours SO much!! I was looking to buy the next size smaller to make traveling with them a bit easier. Has anyone found anything comparable to use in the last year?? Thanks! 

• 8 months later...