Extra Most Bestest Prayers Please

Glad to hear the meds are helping. Zuri ran very hot when he had osteo. It was the middle of summer too so my AC bills were outrageous.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry about the news, but delighted that she's having a good day.

Go Tanzi!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So far we have another good day. I got pix of her playing with a toy.

We went to Tractor Supply today. Her favorite place.

But she came outside when I was giving the chickens fresh water and was two legged when I brought her in the house.

But she seems ok now. It's egg day, so she got up for them. She was laying on her bad side and she usually cries getting up from that side.

I wish she would stop laying on that side. But she doesn't listen to me.

Pretty common for them to do that. Whether it just feels better or its a survival instinct (laying on it protects that area) who knows, but both of mine did it.

We doubled up a softer bed on an orthopedic bed and added a bolster. Zuri really seemed to like that. I also put a futon mattress with a memory foam cover down and that worked well.

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Today's update.

Tanzi woke up ready to take on the world. But when I took her for a bitty walk, her left leg stopped working. Probably too cold, it was about 25. I rubbed her back end and we were able to get back to the car. She had trouble getting comfortable in the car but seems to be ok now and she's sleeping quietly.

Her appetite has hit the roof though. I think I've created a monster. I've been giving her anything and everything. Now she thinks anytime I go into the kitchen she is getting something good.

I've run out of roast beef, meatloaf, liverwurst, salami.

Luckily she loves "failed eggnog". Eggnog that curdled while being cooked. It's like sweet scrambled eggs. And since I had 2 failed batches in a row, 18 eggs, I have a lot of that. But at the rate she's eating it, it'll be gone in no time.

Just taking it one day at a time. I hope she feels good by the end of the week, it's supposed to reach 50. A temp I think she can handle.

Google cachexia in dogs, may be explain her hunger. Haven't experienced it with mine, but can happen. Hope the warmer weather helps her.

It actually states a loss of appetite. And she doesn't have any symptom except cancer.

She's not tired, no loss of weight or muscle mass.

I think it's just because she's getting a ton of really delicious food and I give it to her anytime she wants. She's always been a foodie. So when that's gone I know it's time.

It actually states a loss of appetite. And she doesn't have any symptom except cancer.

With all due respect Mary Pat, what does this mean? What symptoms can possibly be worse than those of a very painful form of cancer?

Hoping for the best for your girlie.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:( :( sending many hugs and prayers for as many good days as you can have with your sweet girl :hope :hope :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just reading this now and I am sorry Mary Pat. I hope Tanzi gets a few more days in the sun and warmth.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thinking of Tanzi and you this morning and praying for another good day. Gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

We are almost at the same point with Misty...I don't have a definitive cancer diagnosis but there is a spot on her lung in the xray. She has good days of feeling better and eating, and other days when she just rests. Gabapentin and prednisone seem to be working to keep her comfortable. She is just tired and not very strong. It's hard with all the ups and downs--better one day, then worse the next. But I'm grateful for the time I have left with her. She has become very cuddly.

How is Tanzi doing today? :hope:candle

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

We are almost at the same point with Misty...I don't have a definitive cancer diagnosis but there is a spot on her lung in the xray. She has good days of feeling better and eating, and other days when she just rests. Gabapentin and prednisone seem to be working to keep her comfortable. She is just tired and not very strong. It's hard with all the ups and downs--better one day, then worse the next. But I'm grateful for the time I have left with her. She has become very cuddly.

I’m sorry-it’s truly an emotional roller coaster:-(

Oh no, I am so sorry. Lots of love to you and yours. :heart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg