Extra Most Bestest Prayers Please

Safe travels-if the roads are slick postpone your appointment-you have precious cargo onboard.

This.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vaccine has come too late for Tanzi. She has multiple lesions on her spine and pelvis.

I only have days left.

What's the highest gabapentin can she be on?

Words cannot express how sorry I am. I don't know what the highest dosage of Gabapentin would be but I do know that it can go quite high. Isn't there something stronger that will keep her comfortable?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

300-400 mg of gabapentin 3-4 times a day (every 6 hours or so) depending on her weight and how she tolerates it. Remember, you don't need to be conservative, you only need her to be comfortable.

I'm so sorry.................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am so very sorry :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Chris is right, MP, Bruno was up to 400mg Gabapentin every eight hours. You can space it at lesser dosage and more frequently if you need to.

I wish I could tell you how sorry I am to hear your update. No words seem enough. I know that you'll love her beyond measure for as long as possible. Please give Tanzi a hug from all of her friends here.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sad and sorry to read this.

Re: Gabapentin: Fuzzy was allowed 3 (300 mg) 3x a day. 2700 for a day total. Interesting aside, Len's orthopedist recommended the same dosage for him.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I’m so sorry. Gigi had 800mg pills/capsules ( don’t remember which) and she took one every eight hours. It was only for a short time, and I went to six hour intervals her last night and into the next day until the vet could get there. You want to manage her pain. Don’t worry about numbers as long as she can tolerate it. Hugs!

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Holding you and Tanzi in my thoughts!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

They put her on 400/gabapentin twice a day. Another 100 at the 6 hr mark if she needs it. If it's not enough the next step is 400 gabapentin every 8 hrs. But I have to watch for her being wobbly. If she falls she could break her pelvis which has one of the lesions.

And if she is wobbly, then they want to switch to the patch.

She's on 100/Tramadol 3 times a day with the gabapentin.

I have an email to Dr Couto asking his opinion.

Edited by MP_the4pack

They put her on 400/gabapentin twice a day. Another 100 at the 6 hr mark if she needs it. If it's not enough the next step is 400 gabapentin every 8 hrs. But I have to watch for her being wobbly. If she falls she could break her pelvis which has one of the lesions.

And if she is wobbly, then they want to switch to the patch.

She's on 100/Tramadol 3 times a day with the gabapentin.

I have an email to Dr Couto asking his opinion.

Might I suggest that if you talk to Dr Couto - find out his opinion on doing tramadol (50mg) 4 times a day and the gabapentin 3 times a day but, at less of a dose (maybe 300). Just my opinion but, I found more frequent dosing worked better as you are medicating before the pain breaks through.

Edited by MaryJane