Guest Sportingfields

If dog's don't go to heaven, I want to go where they are.

Heartache and prayers for all the humans and Godspeed to the pups. They've earned their angel wings and you are giving them the greatest gift. I know it hurts, we are just shy of three months since we sent Ella to the bridge. The loss and memories visits you at odd times, a bittersweet pain, a special love for our beloved pup, that stays with us forever.

Edited by Sportingfields

My boy is gone. He yelped when she started the sedative injection, just like Neyla did, but otherwise he went peacefully.

We spent today mostly like this:

0905161025a_zps9wbefygc.jpg

I take comfort knowing it was time and having had a peaceful day with him today, but I don't think it's really sunk in yet.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Jen

:grouphug:sad1:brokenheart

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Aww, he looks so much younger even though that was only 2 years ago. :wub:

Thank you everyone. I am just laying here not functioning at the moment, but Violet is comforting me. Not surprisingly the girls weren't particularly interested in sniffing Z, but when his body was gone and I let them back in Violet immediately went and layed where he'd been. Moments later I layed down on the futon mattress and she immediately came over and curled up against me as close as she could get with her head in my lap. :heart

Skye is just sleeping on the couch. :P

I need to get moving. I have dog pee to clean up and the girls need a decent walk.

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:( You fought so hard for Zuri. :brokenheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thinking of Carol, Jeff, Macy and Greg. Two in one day is just too much. :cry1

:( You fought so hard for Zuri. :brokenheart

Thank you. :)

So sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Macy May :brokenheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest MnMDogs

Carol and Ryan :grouphug

I'm so sorry Macy's last moments were not peaceful ones. That unfortunately was the way it was for Chase too, so I know how very badly that hurts.

It wasn't like this with the other 3, so we weren't prepared which made it that much worse. I'm sorry it was difficult for Chase too. Edited by MnMDogs

We spent today mostly like this:

0905161025a_zps9wbefygc.jpg

I take comfort knowing it was time and having had a peaceful day with him today, but I don't think it's really sunk in yet

A beautiful photo, Jen, for a beautiful relationship. I know you will miss him terribly, and am so very sorry.

She's gone. It wasn't terribly peaceful, that girl was nothing if not a fighter.

Ryan and I are devastated. Greg ran to the closet and hasn't been out.

Carol & Ryan, I wish it could have been easier for you and Macy, but hope you will try not to dwell on the process, but that she is no longer in pain. I am so sorry for your loss. I also hope that you will soon be able to help Greg feel better.

Tough, tough day. :grouphug

There is nothing greater you can do, and nothing more devastating, to relieve their suffering and release them. {{{hugs}}} for both of you Jen and Carol.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly