Iker's Neck Is Bleeding

iker has a big scar around his neck from having been hanged in Spain. This past weekend I noticed that little spots around in scar were bleeding. Is it OK to use bag balm on it, or would something else be better?nothing seemed dry or flakey. I want to avoid any more bleeding.

Thanks in advance

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Poor bug. I'd try the bag balm if you have some.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, I never knew that about Iker!

Poor baby!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

{{Iker}} Vitamin E can be good, too. Just pierce a capsule and apply.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest MnMDogs

I also was thinking maybe vitamin e. It will moisten pretty naturally... poor boy. Greg has a teeny tiny scar on his head that opens occasionally, and I cannot imagine that happening with a scar like Iker's.

I wonder if he's growing and it's a stretch mark that's caused the flare up in the original scar? Very interesting. I've never used bag balm, I always spray on some good ol' CS in these cases, but there is also a gel version that can stick on skin a bit better as well.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

You might also look into using some of the human products for decreasing scarring. Might help it some, in the long run.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

You might also look into using some of the human products for decreasing scarring. Might help it some, in the long run.

These have helped me with appearance of minor scars, but you aren't supposed to use them on broken skin.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I can vouch for Vitamin E oil. I used it immediately following scabbing, actually I think I put it on while it was still fresh (the bottle itself says it can be used after surgery/procedures to aid in reducing skin scarring). It does wonders for healing.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/personal-care/skin-and-acne-care/details/057800704133

It's a bit goopy and annoying but well worth it.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015