Introducing Luna's New Sister, Jit Zeta (Now Minerva, Aka Minnie&#

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Guest LunaTheGreyt

I brought an almost 4 y/o, light red girl, JIT Zeta (now Minerva/Minnie) home as a "foster" on December 7...I knew after about 3 days that she would fit in perfectly with Luna and I. So many people told me, "Two girls can be iffy together, be careful!" And so I was...muzzled them both all of the first day or two, kept Minnie leashed at all times, etc. But as luck would have it, they bonded immediately! In 3 weeks there have been 0 incidents, not even a growl (well, playful growls yes, but aggressive ones, no). Today my paperwork and adoption fee went through to my group so Minnie is officially mine! I thought Luna was a love sponge, but Minnie is the type that will literally sleep with her nose almost touching mine! She and Luna both sleep on my bed at night, but luckily they each have their own spots which allows me to have some room, too. :D Some of you might remember me bringing my parents' standard poodle, James, to keep Luna company due to her severe SA. He went home when I got Minnie, but the two girls are happy as clams while I'm at work, lazing around and licking PB from their kongs. I still muzzle them when I leave which is just a safety precaution. So far, everything has been awesome! I'm so happy I was able to adopt two greys in the same year! Luna in May, Minnie in December. I've been posting an insane number of pictures on Facebook, but for those of you who haven't seen pictures yet...

cfae88d8-0a76-4306-9c0c-4a6041cbc8f4.jpg

On the way home from the adoption kennel! It was about a 90+ minute drive.

b234e12b-7164-402d-97f0-951405274f7e.jpg

Fast friends. ;)

4ccd904e-4cc6-43cc-b81c-8167a4a77ce7.jpg

They bonded quickly!

b1c5704b-5b92-4fb6-ba5b-988d9a960a9d.jpg

Minnie has very expressive ears!

305186db-9911-47cb-9a13-5dc8106113e0.jpg

First visit to my parents' house.

423aa18c-968b-4359-a954-4889fcc0596b.jpg

Cuddles and winter bandanas.

b53d0db7-3bbe-4889-b78f-0d5efec612fb.jpg

First snow for both of them! (Race records show Texas, Florida, and Alabama for Minnie, and Florida and Georgia for Luna).

1f212f67-a445-40f1-8ed3-bb05da00a575.jpg

First time meeting Santa!

d830b71d-939e-4fe6-b041-6ab656cfcffd.jpg

Visiting my parents, plus James (spoo), Ginny, and Harry (mini dachshunds). They all get along great!

Congratulations!

I'm so glad that things are working out beautifully, and that Luna feels as safe with Minnie as she did with James.

(James is a hero.)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a happy thread. Those girls are clearly BFFs. Congratulations!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations! Looks like they will be a lot of fun together!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a pair! Congrats to you all. :)

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

This is an awesome story! You guys had such a hard time in the beginning, and then bringing James in turned out to be the solution. And now this beautiful girl just makes it perfect!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Congrats! You have two beautiful girls and I am happy they are getting along so great!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:confetti:clap So glad everything has worked out so well! Congrats on your new girl. Now you have a perfect pair!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Thanks everyone!! I am so happy with the way everything has worked out. I'm definitely glad I had the opportunity to bring James over until the right grey came along. For anyone in Northern VA, we will all be at the Manassas Petsmart today from 12-3pm :)

Guest LazyBlaze

:confetti Brilliant! I've been following your and Luna's story from the start and this is the happiest of happy endings (and the best new beginning). Your two hounds look so comfortable together, and big loves to James for being a star.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lunasmom

Yay! Congrats on Luna's new sister, they look really happy together! I'm glad she seems to be fitting in so nicely, you deserve it after all you have gone through with Luna so far :)