Bjs Hangin Tuf

Burpdog

Once again, my heart is broken. Buffy is one that I wanted more time with -- a lot more time. She had a tough life before going to her foster home then coming to me. She only got a year in a home. She is the only greyhound I really considered returning -- she was very difficult with food. Solved that problem with feeding her in the back room behind a gate. She was the leader of the pack. Now, it's my job again. I don't want the job -- I want her back.

Last June she was diagnosed with a lung tumor. When we x rayed in October, it had tripled in size. She still enjoyed life, slowing down a little each week. Still played with stuffies and insisted on taking them outside. We let her -- many times she would lay outside with her head on the stuffy. Sometimes she just took them out and left them :lol It was something she really enjoyed, so we let her take them out and we went out & brought them in.

Saturday she started getting lethargic and by early Sunday morning, I knew I could not wait until Monday morning so we went to the ER clinic.

I told her no more wonky leg (farm injury), no more trouble breathing -- she could run like the wind.

Buffytoy.jpg

Buffychimes82512021.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer. Such a pretty girl, too.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her the best home a hound could want. Then you gave her the hardest, most loving gift of knowing when it was time to say good by. :gh_runner Godspeed beautiful girl!

Sending prayers to help heal your heart.

Oh, Diane, I'm so sorry your beautiful girl had to leave you so soon. :grouphug

:gh_run Run fast and free, Buffy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry that Buffy had to leave. I know we never feel that they have enough time with us but for Buffy the time she had with you was the best time of her life.

Run free beautiful girl

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry...

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

What a gorgeous girl! I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Run free sweet Buffy. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest K9_Lady

Diane, I am so very sorry. Buffy was loved :paw:heart

"For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

I'm so sorry. I understand. With both my broodies everyday it is/was on my mind about what little time they have to get spoiled compared to the younger ones who get adopted. I always give them xtra treats and the most choice ones too-figure they've got a lot of time to makeup for from when they didn't get them. But I know that seems so hollow-we want to do more. No matter what we do how can you make up ~10 years or more in the few remaining years? Really though by taking them into our heart and loving them-that is the ultimate. Because of you she crossed over a much loved pet who will always be remembered. As such Buffy was one of the blessed few that won-her greyhound prayer was answered-because of you. My deepest sympathy.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_red:f_pink:f_pink:gh_run

You knew her so well, and knew when it was time to let her go, even though it broke your heart.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Buffy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown