Peanut Is Very Sick

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet, along with so many others, I am keeping a close eye on this thread for news about Peanut. :grouphug With your own wonderful vet and Dr. Couto on her case, you know she has the best chance for diagnosis and treatment. Prayers and warm good wishes.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

sending more prayers! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Finally got to talk to Dr Couto.

She does not have Addison's. He did say she is presenting a very complicated picture. I told him in our family this was typical.

We could, if we could afford it, do a fine needle aspirate of the liver. That's where he thinks the problem is. That would rule out (or in) cancer or inflammation. We can't afford it at the moment, and it may not even help us help her. So on his recommendation we continue doing what we've been doing - prednisone for, doxycyclin and fluids plus pepcid.

He said sometimes greyhounds get hepatic for reasons we may never know. Sometimes the situation resolves and they get better. I just have to have faith that this will happen.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

We did one for Red and his spleen when the vet (internist) thought he had lymphoma. I wasn't too expensive, and they sent it to Purdue. Unfortunately, he took a very bad turn for the worse the next day and we lost him. The results came back inconclusive the following day. Personally, I would not make the same choice again. I would have just treated him with the pred and loved him. Your situation is not what our situation was, but I would definately do what you are doing. :)

I hope your little Peanut rallys very soon :)

Hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

:grouphug :grouphug

Did they any anything about Denamarin or other liver support products?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I've been researching the best product availale here since yesterday Wendy. I'm hoping to get her on something today.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I've been researching the best product availale here since yesterday Wendy. I'm hoping to get her on something today.

Janet I was thinking also about something to cleanse and support the liver. I'm glad your looking into this. Continued white light and healing thoughts for Peanut.

Squirt tells Peanut she can pull through and that she can fight it too!

Peanut you listen to Squirt and get better. She knows what it means to be a fighter.

I have some stuff for sale Janet.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Janet,

I just logged on for the first time in a few days and saw this. I'm so sorry to hear what Peanut is going through (and taking you with her.) I'm hoping for the very best. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Continuing to pray for Peanut. Hugs to both of you Janet.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.