Peanut Is Very Sick

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tumor! Her belly is filled with fluid no sign of blood. There are some spots on her spleen, that can be indicative of her body fighting or it could be lymphoma. But, there are no other outward signs, all nodes are normal. Temp is still normal. The Dr who did the ultrasound was puzzled by what he saw and what her blood values show. So,on Dr Couto's recomendation, we did the test for Addison's. Miki gave her a shot of prednisone to guard against her crashing (in case it is lymphoma) and we put her on doxy in case it's TBD. Now, we wait and watch.

She came home and immediately picked up her baby and looked at Grandy daring her to come closer. lol She ate her full dinner which is the first in many.

I'm relieved, but worried.

Derek Trihounds stopped by this morning and gave Peanut a dragon stuffy. She loves it! I'll try to get a picture of her skinny self with it. Derek, you don't know this but dragons are a special symbol for me. Thank you from both of us.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Funny about the dragon...always nice to get such signs...

Best of luck for Peanut.....we continue to send good thoughts.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

No tumour is a good thing! Hopefully you can just go forward with treatment now. I bet it has been a very long day for you Janet! Hugs for you and the Nut.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Woo Hoo! I'm glad she liked the dragon and you know what? There was 0 hesitation about the dragon....passed on a ton of other things and the instant me and that dragon connected, it was done!! haha!

I'm glad she's feeling a bit better. Hope it continues and you'll get more good news in the days to come. Squirt tells Peanut she can pull through and that she can fight it too!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Oh my word. Hope she continues to feel better and that you can get to the bottom of things.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

No tumour is good. Dragons are good. Eating supper is good. Sending all sorts of good thoughts for the 'Nut.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:yay :yay :yay Dragons are great! They share their strength and energy, and build confidence. :yay :yay :yay

Dylan came home with a dragon stuffy when we adopted him. He was a spook. He spent the first three days home pacing he house with the dragon stuffy clenched in him teeth, watching us in case we tried anything untorrid toward him. :lol;):lol

After three weeks, he decided we were OK, he tore up the dragon stuffy and never looked back.

Yup, dragons rule! 804th_Wizard_1_.gif

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Well, when she chews up that dragon and spits him out we'll know we are good. That's what Peanut does to all of her stuffies, chews little holes in them and spits the skin out. Then she pulls the guts out little by little. By the time she's done said stuffie will have 20 or 30 tiny holes in it, yet the squeaker will be safe inside or deposited gently on the floor.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Glad to read a somewhat positive update.

:)

Now...get some rest Janet!!!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Well, when she chews up that dragon and spits him out we'll know we are good. That's what Peanut does to all of her stuffies, chews little holes in them and spits the skin out. Then she pulls the guts out little by little. By the time she's done said stuffie will have 20 or 30 tiny holes in it, yet the squeaker will be safe inside or deposited gently on the floor.

We have flat stuffies too. All four here are guilty of relishing in stuffy guts. <_<

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Glad to hear she is feeling better.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:goodluck for something very treatable and--I hope--not too serious.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I just saw this this morning! I'm so sorry to hear that Peanut has been so ill and worrying you so much. Nice to arrive in time to hear the good news that there is no tumour and your vets think it's something treatable!! AND that she ate her dinner! That's good news. :)

I hope she continues to do well. :goodluck

That's so sweet! I can picture her doing that. :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

We had a good night, slept right through. She ate some, but not a lot :( however it was canned plus kibble. We ran out of cooked beef chunks so I guess I better get busy and cook today. She's had her second dose of doxy and had some pepcid earlier.

The test for Addison's will be back later today. Depending on that, Dr Couto had some other suggestions for tests we can run.

I'm home with a nasty fibro flare up that started last week. So we will just hang out, snuggle and wait.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Glad to hear that there is no tumor and Peanut is feeling somewhat better. Sorry Janet that you are having a fibro flare up. :grouphug

Gentle hugs for all of you.

Glad to hear that there is no tumor and Peanut is feeling somewhat better. Sorry Janet that you are having a fibro flare up. :grouphug

Gentle hugs for all of you.

sorry for the double post, fingers are not working today! pat g

Guest Geostar

Hugs to Peanut that she is feeling better! Prayers for her, and you, too..with your condition..

Know we are all there for you..

-star

We had a good night, slept right through. She ate some, but not a lot :( however it was canned plus kibble. We ran out of cooked beef chunks so I guess I better get busy and cook today. She's had her second dose of doxy and had some pepcid earlier.

The test for Addison's will be back later today. Depending on that, Dr Couto had some other suggestions for tests we can run.

I'm home with a nasty fibro flare up that started last week. So we will just hang out, snuggle and wait.

Sending healing energy and warm snuggles your way.

healinghands-2.jpg

A quick update to tell you what are in our plans today and later this week if needed.

Today I'm getting a urine and fecal sample. These weren't on the list as everyone was thinking tumor. We are looking for for excessive protein loss through kidneys, common with lyme's and other tick nephropathy. Plus the fecal to rule out any parasites that can complicate an already existing any primary GI disease such as some sort of protein losing enteropathy.

Dr Couto suggested we do an aspirate of the irregular shaped areas on her liver, he isn't concerned about the ones on her spleen though?? But, that is only if the Addison's test is normal.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

You do realize that when that happens photographical evidence will need to be provided of said actions.