Peanut Is Very Sick

So, I discovered some bruising on Peanut's throat tonight. I can't honestly say how long it's been there. I found it while I was sitting doing her subq fluids. Normally I sit near her rear and pet her belly, and truthfully her belly and fat legs have had most of my attention. Tonight we had company hounds so Peanut was on a different bed and I was sitting near her head. I moved her collar and OMG she has a big purple and red bruise on her throat. Don't worry, I have sent an email with pictures to Dr Couto.

I tell you, this girl is making me crazy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyhound

Janet I am sorry I missed this news I am not on FB anymore. I am praying for your Peanut and am so glad that Dr. Couto is on the case. Much love and gentle hugs to Peanut. I'm here if you need to chat ok. love you.

Sending more prayers for Peanut.......... :hope:hope:hope:hope and hugs for mom! :grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Could the bruise be from a blood draw, Janet? Continued prayers for your little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Could the bruise be from a blood draw, Janet? Continued prayers for your little girl.

I wondered about that too...come on Peanut we want you to get better.

Edited by GreyKarma

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Just checking in for an update this morning... how is the bruising looking today? :unsure

Sending continued good thoughts for Peanut. Please get better soon, sweetie, you have us all worried! :candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

the bruising is most likely from drawing blood. felix just had blood drawn and the next day a huge bruise at the site. i hope peanut is comfortable, white lights for peanut.

Blood was drawn from her leg although.......... I forgot that they drew blood for her ACTH stim test. I'm checking where that was taken from.

She looks okay, no worse that's for sure. Bruise is about the same too, no bigger. She ate most of her breakfast too. :yay

Came back to add that she growled at Jet when he got too near her bowl and at Wil last night when he cleaned up her cookie crumbs. :rolleyes: All normal Peanutty behaviour.

Edited by foxysmom

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

That's the way Peanut! Good to hear she's eating and her personality is back.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Tonight's dinner - beef chunks aux jus and baked potato out of the jacket. No, not our dinner, Miss Peanutty's dinner. She loved it. I also added some nutritional yeast.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg