Peanut Is Very Sick

:lol You asked .....

This was a surprise gift from her Aunty Mary - Pippin

th_newvictim005.jpg

th_newvictim006.jpg

Note the red bone in that background. That lived a long time because she was a bit scared of it for a while. Then one day she overcame her fear and the bone was history. It lived as her favourite baby for a very long time, one holey rapidly shrinking rag, picture Linus.

This is Peanut's idea of the perfect baby, sadly this stuffy was Jake's.

rain011.jpg

Here is that poor bear after being redesigned by Peanut. :lol

DSCF9243.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at her go after that stuffy. :lol I think as she's aged she looks more like Joey now than she does Pistol. :wub: Still holding her in our prayers. Hopefully you'll have a diagnosis soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

A quick update to tell you what are in our plans today and later this week if needed.

Today I'm getting a urine and fecal sample. These weren't on the list as everyone was thinking tumor. We are looking for for excessive protein loss through kidneys, common with lyme's and other tick nephropathy. Plus the fecal to rule out any parasites that can complicate an already existing any primary GI disease such as some sort of protein losing enteropathy.

Dr Couto suggested we do an aspirate of the irregular shaped areas on her liver, he isn't concerned about the ones on her spleen though?? But, that is only if the Addison's test is normal.

Some of these symptom sounds very much what my Topaz had. She was also 5 at the time. Liver enzyme tests were normal. But they did a liver function test which is not a normal part of blood chemistries. They're special tests. They came back severely out of range. She was in complete liver failure.

We are hoping to have Peanut's test back this evening. :)

I'm dropping off some samples and picking up some meds and sub q fluids to give her in the meantime.

I hate waiting!

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending many many prayers and good thoughts and hugs for mom!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

No firm news yet. I do have subq fluids to give her that we hope will make her feel better. She's also on prednisone now so again hoping for an improvement soon. She is eating a bit better, and her gum colour is somewhat improved. All baby steps.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Just checking on Peanut... hope you have GOOD news by now. Thinking of you both :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Waiting to talk to Dr Couto. He wasn't anywhere to be found a few minutes ago when I called.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Just checking for a Peanut update. Peanut I hope they find out what is wrong & make you better

Miss Janet I hope you are feeling better too

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Just checking for a Peanut update. Peanut I hope they find out what is wrong & make you better

Miss Janet I hope you are feeling better too

Us, too!

:bighug

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I keep hoping to come back and post a diagnosis.

The problem we are facing is that her ACTH stim test for Addison is only a bit low. Not enough for our vet to call it Addison's. She is communicating with Dr Couto who has all of the test results.

Plus she is anemic, her blood tests show whole blood loss, but we aren't finding it. Fluid in her abdomen is clear, ultrasound showed no bleeds and no tumors. Her urine is clear for blood and her stools look fine.

So????? She looks pregnant. I did tell her when she went for her ultrasound that if there was a puppy in there we would keep it.

I've been giving her subq fluids. She is getting pred as that is the drug we'd need for some possible evils. Plus she is getting doxy in case it's TBD.

She is looking a bit better, gums are pinker and she's eating although VERY picky (where have I seen this before?)

Just waiting on Dr Couto.............

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Oh, Janet, I can't imagine how stressful this continues to be for you and Peanut. I've been thinking about you both, hoping for some answers, and steady improvement.

Sending many prayers and good thoughts.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How are her blood proteins-- total protein, albumin...??

Have they run a bile acids test? Just wondering if Dr C is considering severe IBD.

No bile acid test. total protein is low (32) due to low globulin (15) as well as low albumin (17)our vet says these are consistent with whole blood loss. IBD has been discussed, but.....her stools are pretty good and no evidence of blood.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Oh geez! This has to be so frustrating! We are still keeping her in our prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

More good thoughts for Peanut and you Janet.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.