Peanut Is Very Sick

Our little 'Nut is a mess.

She's been losing weight bit by bit for a few weeks,but still full of energy and playing. Miki, our vet, saw her 2 weeks ago when I had to take Jake in (a whole other saga) and we discussed ways to get more calories into her. She was eating better, and even until Friday she was okay. I was away this weekend at a conference and visiting my Dad this weekend, and when I returned I was shocked at how much muscle she had lost since Friday. Even so,she was acting okay and we know she doesn't eat the greatest for Daddy. I phoned yesterday morning to make an appointment to take her in, and between that and going in at 3 she started to develop pitting edema in her hocks and her belly was swollen too. They did in house blood work and she's very anemic. Miki is thinking a tumor but hoping it isn't. We sent her blood work off to OSU and she has an ultrasound booked for 5:00 today. Dr Couto asked for the blood work so that has been faxed.

I'm so scared for her and sad for me. Please keep my baby in your prayers

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers and good thoughts for your girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh Janet, I can't believe this is happening to one of our Baby's Babies. I've been thinking about her all night. How was she this morning? Did she eat? I've been saying prayers for her all night long. A huge hug to you, I know you're worried out of your mind.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Janet :grouphug Peanut has just got to get better. Will be waiting for updates.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest wmlcml6

It is going to be a long day waiting for Peanut's ultrasound results. Peanut isn't supposed to get sick! I am hoping it's something less threatening and easily treatable, but I still feel nauseous just thinking about it.

Edited by wmlcml6

Guest PhillyPups

Many prayers from us for my favorite Peannuttiest and :bighug to you.

I am having a hard time digesting this all, she is way too young to get sick.

I'm so sorry to hear your Peanut isn't well. I'll be thinking of you both...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)