Lilac Rests At The Bridge

Guest houndstooth4

Guest PiagetsMom

You and Lilac were so, so fortunate to have the many years together that you did. She was a beautiful girl, and I know she will be missed. I'm sorry that you've lost your special girl. Thinking of you :grouphug

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your loss of the beautiful Lilac.

She sure had a wonderful long life.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Lilac, but how wonderful that she lived to be 16.

Rest in peace, Lilac, loved and remembered always :brokenheart .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry for your loss. May all the memories you shared in the wonderfully long time you had together comfort you during this time of grief.

Godspeed Lilac

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

"Velveteen Rabbit" ... perfect description! :blush

Carrie, I'm so very sad and sorry, and am greytful I met this lovely lady at GIG in April. Peace to you xo

Jackie

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl & a special character she was. Godspeed Lilac! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest FullMetalFrank

Lilac... She was a beautiful girl, and sixteen, wow... It does not matter, I know. They could live to one hundred and it still would not be "enough" time. I am glad you were blessed to have her in your life for so many years; and saddened that it could not be many more. Godspeed, Lilac...

I am very sorry for your loss of Lilac. She sounded like a real character and you have to love those pups that just put you in your place.

Run free Lilac, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a blessing for both you and Lilac to have been able to have each other for such a long time. Rest well Miss Lilac.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I looked at the date and gasped. She was born only 2 days before my Onyx, who left for the Bridge this year.

And you're right about the sassiness these old girls give us.

I'm so sorry she had to leave. And even though she lived a long life, it is still never easy to lose them.

:f_red

Guest hannahmom

I always loved hearing about Lilac and her attitude.I can only hope I age half as gracefully and enjoy life half as much.

Godspeed precious one - we were gifted to have you so long.

I'm so very sorry your beautiful girl had to leave you :cry1 :cry1

but I am so glad she had so many good years with you! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

16. That face :blush I'm sorry she had to go. But Lilac made me smile for a life so well lived, and loved. :bighug

Godspeed beautiful girl, rest well. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She sounds like a wonderful character. I'll bet they're all really enjoying her across the Bridge. I'm so srry she had to go :grouphug

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies