Dorie Greyhound, Aka Dog Gone Holly

greysmom

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart is broken for you all. I'm so sorry Dorie wasn't able to enjoy your love for many more years. She was lucky she had you to help her in her journey and her last days.

What a beautiful tribute you've written for her. Move on & be happy, beautiful Dorie.

Hugs to you, Chris, and your husband.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

I'm so happy that Dorie spent her last year with you Chris. You gave each other such joy.

:f_pink

Godspeed Dorie Greyhound :gh_run I hear there will be a gathering of the old gals to meet you, don't let Miz Foxy boss you around.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh Chris - I've only just been able to get online and I found this thread. I am so very sorry that Dorie had to leave. Even when we know it's coming, it doesn't make it any easier or any less painful.

The one thing that makes me smile is knowing that she spent her final year in a terrific home with a family that gave her so much love.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

:gh_run2 Rest in peace, sweet Dorie. :brokenheart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Ohhh No Chris I am very very Sorry!!!!!! :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red Run Free Dorie!!!! :gh_run:f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

My heart breaks with yours, Chris and Dennis. Run free, sweetie.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh, Chris, my heart sank when I saw Dorie's name. You tried so hard to keep her with you, and she tried so hard to stay. Having had the pleasure of meeting you, Dennis, Dorie, Dude, Copper, Toni and Cash, I can say with certainty that she couldn't have had a more loving, caring, unselfish family. How happy she was with you, and how you loved her!

I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl.

Dorie, Dude and Cash greeting me from their lovely yard.

CashDorieDude.jpg

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest 2Brindles

I am truly sorry to learn of your beloved Dorie Greyhound's passing. She was a sweet, winsome, and tough girl and she will be waiting for you both at the bridge.

Run free dear Dorie Greyhound. :gh_run

Chris, I am so sorry that Dorie had to leave so soon. Your time with her was certainly not long enough but she was so lucky to have found you when she needed help the most. A home where she could be just who she was and was loved deeply for she was. Your tribute makes it clear that this is what she found in her home with you.

Dorie, run free now sweet girl. But know that we will always remember you, and come next spring, I will plant a special flower in the memory garden, and you will be remembered always.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Chris, I am so sorry to hear of Dorie Greyhound's passing :weep :weep . Your tribute was beautiful. She is now pain free and running with the angels and all the hounds at the Bridge :gh_run .

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

:weep :weep :weep

I am so sorry your time was short with Dorie.

You gave her the best of your love, and she basked in it.

f_yellow

:bighug

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Chris, I am so very sorry to see this thread, you know we were all hoping and praying for a miracle. You gave her the chance at a wonderful life with you and I hope that you take comfort in that thought. :grouphug

Run free sweet Dorie! :gh_run2

Kathy

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Chris, words fail me... I'm so very sorry. Run free, Dorie Greyhound, with all your tail wagging dreams come true.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Ah Chris, I'm so sorry she couldn't stay. She lived a life full of love and left surrounded by love. What could be better. Run free Dorie Greyhound. We will miss you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren