Merlin Has Bloody Diarrhea

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerry, I am just seeing this. Keeping you and your beautiful wizard in our thoughts.

Feel better soon, sweet Merlin.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Kerry and Sagan,

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that our Wizard Merlin will be all better soonest!!!!

Sherrie, Secret and Izzy

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Recently went through the horror of a gastric bleed with Wendy. Kerry, it's very frightening but with proper care I just know that your Wizard will be fine. :grouphug

Merlin :kiss2:hope

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Oh no Kerry, just seeing this, sending big prayers for Merlin and for you, :grouphug:hope:hope:hope

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Just seeing this now...sending healing thoughts to our favourite wizard :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Just wanted to add to everyone elses well wishes for Merlin.

Know exactly how your feeling right now Kerry...went through it with Pip not so long ago if you remember? It was colitis and pancreatitis. She is absolutely fine now and I'm quite sure Merlin will be too {{{hugs}}}

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Just wanted to add my best wishes for Merlin's speedy recovery :candle .

How very scary for you Kerry :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I think I just went through this and Huck was diagnosed with IBD yesterday. He started his B12 shots today. She also said to keep him on TOTW (and I mix wet food with it), but nothing else. My dog had severe blood in his stools. Our best wishes to you.

Guest FreddyGirl

Just seeing this Kerry. So sorry Merlin is having this trouble. Prayers he is on the mend and on his way home.

HUGS to you, I know how hard it is when our babies are sick.

Kerri,

Thinking of Merlin - hoping he is OK. Dustin's vet gave me Flagyl today and they have decided to put him in an I/D diet figuring it's irritable bowel. We have had one blast of blood this afternoon.

Hope your boy gets to come home this afternoon.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh dear Lord. I freaking hate these gastro issues. Poor Merlin. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom

Just got off the phone with Kerry, Merlin is home but they have to watch him very carefully tonight to make sure he isn't still actively bleeding. I'm sure she will update more once she gets the boys settled

:grouphug Kerry and Merlin

Just got off the phone with Kerry, Merlin is home but they have to watch him very carefully tonight to make sure he isn't still actively bleeding. I'm sure she will update more once she gets the boys settled

:grouphug Kerry and Merlin

Thanks for the update. If you talk to her again, please send my best wishes.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest SoulsMom

HGE . . . .that's what the blood work points to, just like with Soul. HGE is pretty much a 'catch-all' dx when they can't find out from the bloodwork or fecal analysis what is causing the intestinal bleeding. Usually it's some sort of IBD that requires further invasive testing to find out for sure, but the goal at this stage is to get the bleeding under control. Usually dietary modifications can prevent future episodes, but it's trial and error to find out what 'works' for the long term