Help Prayers White Light

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still praying as fast and as hard as I can! Unbelievably scary!

Would you happen to know which brand of vaccine was used?

Edited to add: Not attempting to "bash" any one brand or vaccines in general, but my Vet is a big believer in a particular vaccine due to the adjuvant - just as he is about the vaccines his infant daughter is getting and will get in the future.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greyt2love

Chris, I'm so glad to hear Cashy is doing better. I hope she continues to improve and you can bring her home.My Ceasar was a seizure dog, and I know how terrifying it is to watch them, especially if it has never happened before. Hopefully she will bounce back like it never happened. I'm really worried about what is going on with these rabies vacs.

Bumping for an update. :candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just seeing this -- sending many prayers!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thursday morning update:

Evet just called and Cash is doing really really well! She's bright and alert and seems to have all her functions working properly. She won't eat, but that's not unusual for her. :rolleyes: The only other concern is that she can't walk yet. She has feeling and strength and can move all her legs, and she can stand if the put her on her feet, but just can't coordinate enough to walk. Cash is apparently very adept at "army crawling" around her kennel though, so the vet feels it's just a matter of time. If she doesn't improve by this afternoon she'll be seen by a neurologist. Cash will be at least one more night in the hospital.

I will definitely be calling my regular vet to see what brand of rabies vaccine they used. Thanks for the link to Havoc's thread - it sounds exactly like what happened to Cash. I'll be reporting it to the USDA or whereever. I'll also mention it to the vet today when I go in to see my girl.

Thanks everyone!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Continued thoughts and prayers. How absolutely frightening this whole thing is.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh, Chris, I'm just seeing this. You must be frantic. I'm so sorry poor Cash is going through this, but glad that she seems to be getting better. Please let us know how she is doing. And I'll keep you and Cash in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest budsmom

I had heard about this kind of reaction earlier this year, so I asked my vet when I took the cats in for their shots. He said it was a particular rabies vaccine and it's the adjuvant in that vaccine. My vet actually changed the type of vaccine he uses because of it. He said he had been aware of it primarily in cats, though. The rabies shot the cats got this year is only a 1 year vaccine, rather than the 3 year because of the change in type. I hope Cash continues to recover like she has, it sounds like she's doing well and is on the road to a full recovery!

One step at a time........................:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Just checking in on Cash as I couldn't check from work today. So glad to see the positive update!! :yay :yay :yay

I hope she goes from strength to strength! Please do keep us posted about your conversation with your vet - I'm sure we'd all like to know what brand of rabies vaccine Cash received too...!

:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thursday early evening:

I went and saw Cash today around noon and sat with her for 40 minutes or so. The vet is really pleased that she is continuing to make progress, little by little. While I was there, Cash actually managed to stand up on her own, which she hadn't done til then. She couldn't stay standing for very long as she's really weak, but she managed to do it three times! The environment there is really hard for her with her spookiness - very noisy, lots of commotion and banging, lots of people moving around and talking. I did also get her to eat a few bites of chicken and cheese - another victory!

I spoke to the vet a little while ago and Cash did eat something later this afternoon. Yeah! She's still not walking yet, but the vet said she thought Cash might try harder if I was there, so I'm going in to see her this evening. I'll update again when I get home.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Chris, I haven't posted anything today until now but wanted you to know I have been checking this thread for Cash's condition all day. Prayers and white light are still going out for her and Nadi® the Bloo Ranger is suited up for her and sending her healing rays.

Judy