WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

Momma says Club Secretary is a good enuff title for her!  And *I* am her assistant!!!  :D

Miss Kerry, that's so sad about the BYB puppy.  There's just no sense in it.  :( One of Momma's Friendlies from the chorus botted a BYB puppy in a parking lot several years ago because the seller dood made her cry over the puppy and sold her a sad sad story.  :bugeye   Momma was so mad at her friendlie wwhen she tolded Momma.  It was a little sheetz tzoo type doggo tho.  But it hadded horrible healff problems it's whole life and ended up in pain no matter what Momma's friendlie did for her, and she was eufanized before her fiffth birthday.   If the outlook isn't good from a medical standpoint, sending that poor puppy on her way is probly bestest to save her from a long time of pain and suffering.  :weep

I was a SUPERSTAR giving my bloods today!!!  :star :star :star I just lay the getting pets and stuff while the little bag fills up.  Then they gave me a big PEENK wrap around my nekk!  And a whole can 'o dog foods, and a bunch chikken Jerry, and some beefy sorta treats.  :chow Then we wented to Wendy's for baked potatoes and chili for Daddy and I gotted some chikken nuggets!!!  It was a AWEsome day!!!  :yay :chow :yay

Later Gaters!!

AP - superstar  :star

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss Jen, thank you for the snax.  Momma especially needs those drinks tonight! :crazy  Daddy wuz being difficult.

That is sad about that Great Pyrenees.   Miss Mam may be right about that dog’s chances for a forever home. :( 

But Miss Ducky, Club Mom, is finding groups for you!

Some peeple saw the Northern Lights at Greyhounds Reach the Beach!  :eek 

We habs a clear sky tonight wif stars and a half moon but no Northern Lights.  ^_^

We go out for our pre-bedtime potty break around 7:30-8:00 and we stay in bed all night until about 5 am when Momma gets up.

So it is just about our bedtime now. Habs a gud night eberywon! :nappy

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We hab met Miss Ducky seberal thymes!  She is a good lady, allays helpin sum doggie or hooman.  We remember at GIG, she wuz helpin to find that loose doggie. An that doggie wuz fownd!

An Miss Chris allays gibs us noo clubs an sez goodnite, an puts up pomes.  Mom did meet her in hooman, but I dint.  She is a good lady too.:nod

We are glad  Miss Carol Ann an Molly are safe!  Miss Elizabeth, we hope yer howse is dry.  Moms frend in Winter Haven is okay.  She haz sum preshus old oaks that made it fru.  But they dropped all there moss, an a few odder fings are skattered arownd.  Mom is tryin to find owt how her frends howse on Davis Islands is, but she haznt gottin back to her yet.  I gess there are sum big trees down, an floodin.

Oh, Miss Kerry, we so wish peeple woodnt buy those BYB dogs.  Is so sad that hoomans cawse there helf problims, an they dont care---they just wanna make sum munny.  :(  Poor puppy...

I do KNOT sleep fru the nite!  Ob corse, I DO sleep fru the day.  Mom is takin me owt fer walks afore she leebs, cawse she figgers mebbe I'll let Dad get a liddle sleep afore neckst Toosday.  Well, neckst Mundy.  He haz to dribe them to the airport inna middle ob the nite!  Nate, I fink you are like me wiff yer nite thyme owts.  Now, Kiva sleeps fru the nite alla thyme.  In fack, it is hard to get her up inna mornin.

Wow, Miss Jen, you did a ahhsum job on those drinks an snaks!  They are beeeeyoutiful.

Andi, you are a heero!  Gibbin blood is a bery good fing to do. 

Angie

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Da sky hads sum reddish color to it earlier, we will luk again at bedtime.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Who gets to but a new water heater? Yay ME! :angryfire the good news is that it's still under warranty but i have to pay the difference beween what I originally paid and what it would cost to purchase it now. And then labor to install it. 

my other good news is that the 2022 harvest from napa valley is spectacular this year.  19 and 19 were also excellent.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 13 1/2 (!) and tuxedo Dio 7

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

2 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Some peeple saw the Northern Lights at Greyhounds Reach the Beach!  :eek 

2 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Da sky hads sum reddish color to it earlier, we will luk again at bedtime.

They came to TN! I couldn't see much with my nekkid eyes, but lookit what the phone saw!

54058265956_bef1314095_z.jpg

54057390637_166aa155a3_z.jpg

54058717255_5fa4fce159_z.jpg

This makes up a little bit for not knot really seeing them in Iceland in 2015! 

• Like 4

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

:coffee Good morning!

Thank you Miss Rachel for posting those beautimous pikkies!  Maybe it wuz too early when we were out looking for them.

:Where wuz AndiPants last night? :dunno 

I’m glad all my frends were safe from the storm.

We see habing a chilly morning here wif 43 degree temprachur!    It’s supposed to be a nice day.   I hope eberywon else has a nice Friday!

Ivy 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

6 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

They came to TN! I couldn't see much with my nekkid eyes, but lookit what the phone saw!

54058265956_bef1314095_z.jpg

54057390637_166aa155a3_z.jpg

54058717255_5fa4fce159_z.jpg

This makes up a little bit for not knot really seeing them in Iceland in 2015! 

Gorgeous!

Does this werk?: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000009756324/northern-lights.html?smid=url-share

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Cccchilly 4C. :coffee

:star Ande :star

The Northern Lights have been quite active here but I have knot seen them.  I was out feeding the horses at 8:30/9:00 last night and did not see them even though many local people had beautiful pictures :dunno     Other nights they have been active after midnight and I am :sleepy

Paps gone to get new tires on the Santa Fe.  From some guy who sells/installs them out of his home garage. Sounds kinda sketchy to me.  But he’ll do anything to save a dime. 

I’m off to ride Patty and then have my Ball Drumming class.  Then I’ll spend a few hours at the Front Desk.  I have finished ‘The Nightingale’ and now into ‘The Briar Club’. 

Have a Greyt day  :)

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Ooooh  Miss Jan!    That is beautimous too!   I can't beliebe they could see them in Australia too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Incredible! Thank you for sharing. I'd love to see the full light show someday.

• Like 1

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

8 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

What setting did you use on your phone? I have an iPhone.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

28 minutes ago, macoduck said:

What setting did you use on your phone? I have an iPhone.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro and didn't change anything; the night mode just automatically kicked in. It slows the shutter speed so you have to try to hold the phone perfectly still for 3 seconds. It shows you the countdown as it's taking the pic. 

2 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

I have an iPhone 13 Pro and didn't change anything; the night mode just automatically kicked in. It slows the shutter speed so you have to try to hold the phone perfectly still for 3 seconds. It shows you the countdown as it's taking the pic. 

Thanks!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Just now, macoduck said:

Thanks!

I should add that I did have to drive a few minutes away. Too much light pollution in my neighborhood. These were taken around 9:30 Central. Good luck tonight!

20 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Molly, just poop.  ;)  It makes the hoomins happy!!!  :rolleyes: 

Ain't none of us pooping properly with all this mishigas.  Just sayin' <_<

No motels at all in Huntsville so we're moving to my nephew's. They'll sleep on their daughter's couch for a night.  No power at the house but flood waters are receding.  This is the difficult time because the initial crisis has passed but there's nothing to be done now.  No telling where we will stay on the trip home, probably the :censored dump we had to stay in on the way up.

• Sad 3

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

TGIF! Owr Nan libs owt in da country, so we culd see them bettah. Yoo could tell da sky wuz nawt da rite color, da inky black wuz quite red.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Wiki, we're proper Southerners, butt we did share that houndie chant wif friends. :D  :evil
My Ma's such a sucker--the only time she's ever told me to just lie back down when I ask to go out at night is at Mountain Hounds.  She was skart ob the bears roaming that town night and day. :eek  Otherwise, she will get up and lemme out.  She was crabby about doing it twice in one night butt the thing that really annoys her is if I don't just tend to business and come back in when she call. If I wander and sniff and explore and keep her standing around she gets annoyed.  Butt, I ask you, what's she gonna do? :devil    Well, I could practice Jerilyn's approach and holler for you to GO LIE DOWN!  I'm trying knot not to wake Auntie Ann.

Miss Chris got a deal on another new tablet and great accessories! :yay

Miss Carol Ann, what a sad situation for your son and family, facing the loss ob Roxie. :grouphug

Miz Ducky, how frustrating and alarming.  What is the matter wif these Greyhoundie people?!  I'm glad all the houndies are found, at least.

Sadie, you hab always lived wif your human being retired and home all day at your beck and call.  It's a shocker when they got out for a whole day, isn't it? :kiss2  Poor Miss Halise, traveling into busy Boston and spending 8 hours (!) round trip for a doctor's appoinkment. :grouphug  I hope this doc will help wif the painful hips. :kiss2

Lupin, you hab your paws full being a solid support hound for Miss Kerry as she faces too much stress from too many directions. :kiss2  What a grim situation or that poor puppy. Infuriating on so many levels. 

Mam, I thought it must be approaching the end ob season at the Inn.  Lots ob werk to put it to bed for another year.

AP, you are a hero gibing your blood like that to help others!  You earned all those tasty rewards. :yay

Angie, so the trip to NOLA is next week!  :yay  I hope it is a wonderful experience that refreshes and nourishes.

Miss Jen, that stinks about needing to replace a newish water heater. :kiss2  Good news about the wine harvests. :yay 

Miss Rachael, you let your eyeballs go nekkid?  :eek    :rotfl  I am soooo funny! 
Those are great photos ob the Northern Lights, Southern version. :yay

Miss Banessa saw the lights too!

Miss Jan, do get to see those lights all the time or are they rare in Maine too? That link werked a treat and Ma loved it!

Miss Kathy, I'm sorry Mister Jim had a rough night and therefore you did too. :grouphug

Well, the Old Girls are about back to normal here, though that is knot true foe eberyone. :grouphug  They're going grocery shopping and to their classes wif the trainer this afternoon. 

Nate

• Haha 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Morning! No furniss today, it’s gonna be 80! :omg Then it’ll go back to cold.

We bin havin lotsa them lites in the sky round here. We never saw em wiff our own eyeballs tho cause we live in town and alla the trees. Mistress did see them once years ago.

Nate, my Mistress keeps vary close track of when I do my potties so iffen it’s only bin a cupple hours she feels like she knows that I reelly don’t hafta go and juss wanna look round. That’s when I get told to go back to bed. But she don’t holler. When I had the dyin rear I hadda be reel insistent that I did indeed hafta go out again so she let me then felt bad on accounta the dyin rear.

Good job wiff the blud Andipants! Iffen I ate a whole can of foods I prolly would havin the dyin rear again tho.

Ooo, Sadie Lou, you gotta go in the wire boks too? Are you good in there? Sumtimes I am and sumtimes I’m not. But I’m always happy to go in cause I get a peenut budder bone. Lass nite a friendly was pikkin my Mistress up but I was ready to go in the boks before he got here so she hadda go sit on the front step for a while. :lol:

OK, this is not politicking, it is juss statin sum fakts about a man. We bin seein videos of that Tim Walz dood getting hexcited to meet doggies. He’s comin here next week, looks like at the airport whitch is only 2 miles from our house. I’m theenkin my Mistress should take me there cause he for shore would be hexcited to see me! Then I would be famiss on the innerwebs! :star Please no comments other than, “yes, Wiki should be famiss” so we don’t get in any trubbles. This is not an indoorsmint of anybuddy or anything other than houndies!

Wiki, the only signs in our yard are advertising for Zoo Boo :ph34r

• Like 6
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

And now for the cleanup! Yesterday I picked up all the palm fronds and branches and put them in a very large pile by the curb.  Hopefully the yard waste collectors will take them without being tied since they are hurricane debris. I was going to start putting back the 16 throw pillows from the lanai that I had stored in the stand up shower of our pool bath and realized that some of the cushions on the outdoor furniture were soaked. Some of them all the way at the back of the 10 foot roofed lanai! That wind was really blowing the rain! So instead I removed all 28 cushion covers from the sectional sofa and six chairs and they are waiting turns for the washer now. PHEW! Getting those covers off was hard work. I know that we are blessed and that so many people are dealing with just horrific damage, but had to take a tiny little break to complain just a wee bit! I'm going to give the lanai carpet a good vacuum and once I put the nice clean pillow covers back on the lanai will look nice and fresh.  Yes we have actual carpet outdoors! Not even indoor/outdoor stuff - more industrial grade no pile stuff that has held up perfectly for over 30 years. I would like to replace it with tile, but it is still in great shape and Dan and I cannot agree on what to replace it with so for now it stays! 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Wiki, I hope you get to meet that guy, get some great petting, and become eben more famuss than you are now!  :wow 

Miss Carol Ann, complain away. :kiss2  These two storms hab been brutal and even those like Ma and Auntie Ann and you, who are mostly just fine, still feel the anxiety and stress and deserve to vent and to get houndie smooches. :kiss2
Own roads are extra narrow 'cus every shoulder is full ob trunks, logs, branches, etc.  The local grocery still, today, has shelves that are 2/3 empty.  Target is grateful for cash payments and for patience since it's card processing is practically nonfunctional.  There is still a traffic light in a really awkward location that is out.  The mall parking lot is 2/3 full of support setup for hundreds of linemen and communications system support werkers.  It is heartening to see that they hab places to wash and sleep and eat and park their trucks and generators, butt it is sobering that they're still here.  There are people in western NC who won't get power for perhaps as long as 6 months. :eek  And that's just owr area.  Floriduh, Souf Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee--all have severe damage.  There is so much stress and angst and sorrow and loss in the air.  We all feel it and need to give and receive grace and :grouphug

Nate.  I don't give kisses butt people are bound to feel better if they pet me. :D

Edited by LBass
  • Sad 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh Lucy your area was hit so much harder than mine. The real concern now here is the flooding in low lying areas. The St. Johns River near here is already overflowing and that will cause a lot of people great danger. A man in Orlando was electrocuted yesterday because he was walking in flooded streets that had an electrical wire in them. Michael and family had their power restored at 4 AM this morning so they were very lucky to only be without for 27 hours. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.