WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

Thanks for the snacks, Miss Jen  :chow      My days of free meals will be over very soon.

Ivy's Priest is rather good looking!   I know nothing about Priests, except for that ancient pope fellow over in Rome.  

Faboo pics, Fizzy.  Love TheTwins sweaters!  I used to love camping, but it was always in a tent.  I was Kingston Girl Guide head camping honcho for a few years. Guess you were Glamping ;)

I do hope Elizabeth is well on her way to a safe place by now.  This storm sounds quite nasty. 

We have had temps in the 60's here too, but no heat.  We haven't even had a frost yet.  Very strange, but I'm quite happy to not have to dig the horses trough heaters out of storage.

Hey!!  Guess What?!?!?   The new Morgan mare, Tiana, is actually Patty's true and real half sister.  By another Mother   :omg

As soon as I saw her I just knew she had to be related to Patty.  They are identical - except Patty has a much nicer head and eye.   And Tiana seems to be a bit of a mischief maker too!   

As soon as I got home I started digging through that line (Baronial) of the Morgan registry, looking for mares born in 2021.  And there she was :)   The 'Baronial' Morgans have been around for a very long time but the owner all of a sudden came upon hard times - not sure how or why - and that is why there were nearly 100 of them, left to fend for theirownselves.  If you remember, Patty (+ 70 others) was rescued by a large equine rescue as a 4 year old, in the fall of '21.  I suspect that Tiana was taken at the same time, as a weanling. I'll try and get a photo of the two of them together.  Her new owner is wisely taking it slow and letting her get used to her new home.    Isn't is totally crazy that they'd end up together again :beatheart

• Like 7

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:rules :digicam

AND we need updates frum Camp Greyhound II and Doolin. Speak up, lurkers!

• Haha 2

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Mam!!  What a koinkydinkse!!  :eek But I bet they are boff super cute and mischeebeeyuss!!  :lol

Great pichers Miss Fizzy!!  I mite like that kinda camping as long as it was fun!!

We hope Miss Lizabeth et Al decided to evacuate too.  :hope

When Momma and Daddy firstest gotted married and she started using hisown healff care, boff him and hisown Momma hadded the same primary docter, and he was super cute!  Enuff that Momma started going to another docter for some stuff.  But he was the best docter she's ever hadded at Kaiser and she was sorry when he retired and she hadda pick a new one.

Later Gaters!!

AP - mischeebeeyuss too! ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Fizzy I like your coat & the coats of the twins.  Glad to see the 5 of you survived camping this past weekend

Mam how nice , Patty & TIana are together.

Bitzi off to dreamland with a wish that Milton guy would die in the Gulf 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Quick checkin. Last long camping weekend of the year. It is definitely Fall which is kinda neat cuz we often don't get much of a Fall. 

Stay safe everyone and get your butts outta the way of that storm!

• Like 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Elizabeth has been texting me today. Looks like they got on the road around 9:30am, heading to Dothan, Alabama first. Traffic is so heavy that in 4 hours they'd only traveled 120 miles!

A 6 hour trip is ow predicted to be 9.5 hours. But after 7 hours they have only gone a total of 180 miles and they aren't even close to the halfway point to Dothan, AL. After one night there they'll go to Huntsville AL.

Not the best map because it doesn't include their home area near Tampa. By 5:30pm they were at the big red dot. The end of the blue line is Dothan, AL.

462388600_4013187649006309_8424779613455009274_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=bd9a62&_nc_ohc=b_lZ-WkZN0cQ7kNvgHiM8ih&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&_nc_gid=A8XFjvexplxcdZoTxrO5-MV&oh=00_AYAKcoNVE-4c-qyAwxJYXoowSzw61TJPvShvQ16EKqNJcw&oe=670A4F56 

Look at the traffic behind Jupiter!
462251889_4013186595673081_2729411732901028501_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=833d8c&_nc_ohc=RmGh5wpkv0YQ7kNvgE1dmb-&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&_nc_gid=Ac6ZuanP3oDsR3wH30SvMg0&oh=00_AYB5SaFLqVhuBTCVTnAlzjZDFg69xBrjTCUnwMZknMaOSg&oe=670A5B71

---------------------------------------------------

Paling in comparison, this has been my day. Temporary iggy Enzo is driving us all crazy.
462291815_4013189889006085_1133867368667020929_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=bd9a62&_nc_ohc=o1NnWCuY6KAQ7kNvgH6unyZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&_nc_gid=AEuW7ApJEsC6HytkSTg4v_u&oh=00_AYDToOWK8itXytLXzxJ76E2MzgTkqsxDUBARI6hw0RoM5g&oe=670A3ACE

• Thanks 2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello me freends!

I'm glad dat Misser Joope and fambly awr slowly butt surely going to safety

Fanks fur da snaxx Miss Jen! Outta my waaaaaay :chow

I might be almost 12, butt dat doesn't mean I can't enjoy a gud snaxx when I see one!

Miss Fizzy, wot a beautimous place! It wuld be so relaxing wiffout dem whippy, yoo awr a saint.

Miss Mam! Wot a cool coincidence! How nice!

Noffing to report heer, da usual same old same old which iz juss fine by me!

Oh well we did git some visit frum da old house owner and herown dog, Sarabi and whilst she wasn't inbited, she came into OWR home like she still libs heer. How rood! Da furst time Zorro del galgo saw her a foo weeks ago, he wanted to eat her. Butt now dey awr dem bestest friends and him wantid to play wiff her. Go figure.

Yoor freend,

Charlie, knot habbing a bestest freend except momma-bear

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

1 hour ago, palmettobug said:

Aww, thanks! We are A-OK here. Doolin is getting another girlhound visitor this week who hopefully will knot eat kitties, and then maybe a return boyhound will come visit us too. Plusalso Doolin is getting a new backyard in the next couple of weeks because that's what his always romantic parents wanted for their 20th anniversary earlier this month! (Okay, me. John could not care less.) Busy times here.

We are keeping everything crossed for our friends in the path of that mean ol' Milton. :candle Elizabeth, it's just over 100 miles from Huntsville to Nashville, so holler if you need anything! 

• Like 1

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Thanks for the new club and poem, Chris!

Wow, what awesome snacks!  Thanks, Jen.  I must have missed that you were job hunting.  That is so stressful, and I'm sending you lots of good thoughts.

Ivy, those were great pictures of the blessing.  And yes, you have a very nice looking priest.

And what gorgeous pictures from Cindy---of the dogs and the scenery!

Chris, thanks for posting my tattoo pics.  I think I look like a beached whale though.  But I'm in love with the tattoo. It only took about 15 minutes, and didn't hurt too bad. It's very minimalist, but it's right there on my forearm, so everyone will see it.  I think there were 8 people who got tattoos.  All of us middle aged women, except for 1 husband.  GHG made over $200, and they may plan another one.

Nancy, I didn't know you had a tattoo!  That is so cool.  And yes, it's hard to find someone you trust.  The guy who did the fundraiser was just doing simple designs, and is very experienced, so we didn't think he could screw up too bad.  :lol  With something more special of your own design, you have to choose carefully.  I've gone to several different artists, and liked a few more than others.  I would ask people I trusted for their recommendations.  And also see if you can look at the artists work.  There are so many styles, and you can find one who specializes in the type you want.  I hope you do it!  And that is also cool that Patty will be with her half sister!

I've been thinking about Elizabeth, and hoping her journey is not too stressful, and that they arrive safely.  My oldest friend lives on Davis Islands, which is literally right in Tampa Bay-the Bay itself!  I contacted her, and she and her dog evacuated to St. Augustine.  The trip took over 6 hours instead of 3.  Our other close friends from where we lived in Winter Haven are staying put and hoping for the best.  I'm so sad, and worried for everyone in Miltons path.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Ugh, yeah, stop-n-go traffic iz da pits. Jupe, are yoo gud at riding, like me and Fuzzy, or do yoo barks and whine like Da Galoot?

Noah and HOwie, whut a noo-sense. <_<

We went to da dog park tuday, but onlee I did a lot ob running, da odder two wanted to sniff and pee. Den Mom & Nan got sum apples, den dey went and got BBQ, and ate it in da car and did NAWT share. Den we walked annuder rail trail, da gravel on da trail wuz big and pointy, I wuz nawt happy about dat, but I made it.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Miss Lizabeth we hope you get where you're going soon!!  Please be safe!!  :hope

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

We are thinking about you Miss Elizabeth!  :hope  We hope you and Misser Richard and Jupiter are safe!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Mild 10C  :coffee

Hmmm…..the back light on the iPad is gone.  Hmmm.  It’s very hard to see anything.  

CBC news had reports of people fleeing from Milton. The traffic was horrendous.  We’re thinking of you, Elizabeth :goodluck

Oh My Goodness, Ducky :crazy

I have a horsey tattoo on my right ankle and Greyhound tattoo on my left ankle.  Both are minimal, like Nancy’s.

I’m off to my indoor cycling soon. Then I’ll spend the afternoon at TheDesk. Wonder what’s for lunch ;)

Have a good day :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Traffic is getting crazy where we are because so many of the Gulf Coast people are evacuating to our area. We will still get hit hard with wind and rain, but Central Florida is safe from the storm surge. We will be dealing with flooding in low lying areas, but at least will not have 10-15  feet of water surging into our homes. They are now concerned that Milton might still be a Cat 2 when it goes over the Orlando area. These predictions change however hour to hour. We are prepared for winds in the 100-110 MPH range though. This was a very bad time for Dan to be on the other side of the world for a two week business trip. Molly and I will manage on our own, but I admit it is scary. We have had rain for several days so the ground is already soaked and Milton is likely to dump a great deal of rain on us in a very short period of time. 

• Sad 5

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gud Toesday! Sunny and cooler here. 

Fanks for checking in, Mizz Carol Ann. Now to hear frum Jupe...

Elizabeth update!

They left home at 10:15am and got to Dothan, AL at 12:30am today.  I think this would have been a 4.5 hour drive on a normal day.

They are safe and she managed to get 4 hours sleep.

They will get on the road to the B&B in Huntsville, AL after breakfast at the motel. This will take about 5 hours, drive time, knot breakfast. ;)

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Well that's good news to hear!  

Boy Mr Murphy and his Law sure had it in for Carol Ann. Spouse in Germany during major meteorological doings--aarghhhhhhhhh. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Glad to heard Miss Elizabeth, Jupiter & Richard made it to Dothan.  I the get to Huntsville w/o being tied up on traffic

Miss Carol Ann & Molly I have my paws crossed for you two 

Bitzi enjoying another nice day 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

14 hours ago, palmettobug said:

:blush Thanks for asking, all good at Camp Greyhound II! It's so pretty here in the mountains with the leaves changing. We've had the woodstove going (some mornings at 47F out/60 in) and our jimjams and Beeg Coats are in the ready. AnnIE has rallied and is again giving LambChop the wot-fer; Punkin has her up/down days, no pun intended, but mostly good, still leading our albeit shorter hikes. The newbs made a seamless transition to being campers and are doing great. Ebbie has her two-week dental recheck today and her real and true personality are showing - she's a nut :lol. Holly Betty Crocker will have her dental soon and I expect we'll see more of her sweet self after that. She continues to be an obstacle in the kitchen :lol: 

Keeping everyone in the path and wake of Milton in our thoughts, please stay safe. :hope

• Like 5

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Snax!  Thank you, Summer, Dio, and Miss Jen!!  Ma, you need to fix me a plate.  Ha ha, Ma is enchanted by the teapot and tea cup on the first table. :D

Andi, we had amazingly little real cleanup to do in owr yard.  We Ma moved plants back onto stands and hung up baskets and put chairs out.  Then bof ob 'em picked up twigs and sticks to put in the compost pile.  Ma was sure the Sawtoothed Oaks would drop huge branches butt they didn't, just a few pieces ob deadfall. She was proud ob those trees. :lol  She and Auntie Ann walked and did some yoga dvds butt they were indeed tired and are sore today after going back to class.  Still, it's nothin' they can't regain in a week or so.  
You Daddy stole one ob your toys for a back pillow?  Well ob all the nerve!  Still, I suppose it's OK to share wif him.  After all, he is your Daddyman.

Sadie and Dory are bof settling in splendidly!  Making themselves right at home and worming their way into hearts. :wub:

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, what a great, classic houndie tattoo!  :yay

Fizzy, you made a great postie!  The photography was stunning too. Ma finks that was a beautiful place you all went and we hope it gave some lubly quiet and peace. :kiss2

Ma and Auntie Ann are heading to get Covid vaccinations so I'll hab to come back for more posting later. 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hi Ebbery wun,

We are juss catching ups.

Miss Lizbef, Misser Richard , an JOOpiter....we hopes yu can rest affer dat long ride - an dat yur home iz OK.

Molly.....hold on!  Mama sez it iz a gud fing yur hare iz alreddy curlee on accounta she sez her hares in dat kind ub wind an raynes luk like she stuck her finger in a socket!

Miss Nancy ub da berg!!!  Luk at dat houndie TatOO.

Fizzie - doze are beautimous pichures.

Ivy an Cherry - yu are blessed!!!!  Dat iz neeto!

Nate...we are glad yu habz all sorts ub powers.

Da laddee who owns da farm weer daddy rents a partment in NOO Jersey libz moss ub da yeer in da Norf Carolina.  Her hole Town iz gawn.  Her howze is standing - but surrownded by waters. Dey got a ride in a beeg metal burdie an deer sun drobes down to da Carolina to picks dem up an bring dem back to NOO Jersey.

Mama is all :angryfire.  She had placed da mama ub her horsee baby wif a wooman in Pennsylvania....a few weeks ago she tole mama she cud KNOT keep her. Mama wuz trying to place her sumweer else so she didn't habz to keep moobing arownd.  Anyway, mama went to Pennsylvania to picks her up an she iz reallee skinee.....mama finks da gurl hit sum financial trubbles.  Fank gudness she calt mama.  Mama habz an agreement wif anywun who takes wun ub her horses  dat dey cannot get rid ub da horsee - an dat it habz to come back to Mama....dey are lifetime leezes.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

It's starting to get lotsa cloudings and we'll be dark with maybe a showering all day.  Then back to partly sunnings in the 70s till next Munderday!

We're very very happy our friendlies are gonna safe and dry from that bad Mister Milton storming!!!  :yay  As long as Miss Molly and Miss Carol Ann don't float away!!  :eek   Our news has lotsa stories about the traffiks and the storming surge and the windy winds.  It looks horrible!!!  :eek   

Miss Patsy, Momma says you guys are crazy for going camping this late in the seezon.  She incloods Miss Cindy in this accuzayshun!!  :dunno  

Mister Nate we're glad you didn't have a lot of work to do for yourownseff affer the storm!!  Sorry your old ladies are sore tho!!  ;) 

Miss Dr Robin, we hope your horsie finds a good new home soon!!!  :hope  

Today is garbige day and fill the birdie feeder day and maybe emergency groshree day.  Momma also mite dispose of the last of the tommytoes cause there's nothing left that will get ripe probly.  And maybe pick the wadermelling and the other mellins and see what they are like inside cause it's not warm enuff for them anymore and Momma does NOT want the stoopid skwerrils to get em.  :bugeye 

Wishings for a tenacious Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

:wave    From TheDesk

Thank goodness Elizabeth et Al are safe.

Oh…that’s sad news about Fruitcakes mare.  Thank goodness the gal called and now she’ll gain some weight and find her own self a new home.