WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Andipants me missed your gotchaversary. Me gibs you human instructions to gibs you much more sandwich to make up for missing your celebration.

Frankie rest in peace.

Oh, oh pretty flowers!

Drat those sneaky tree rats!

Ms Ducky is taking on yet another project. At least cattypillers is slow moving so you can catch them when they need to go to bed. You gonna add a whole new chapter to your book about your new adventure?

Welcome to da travelers. Sightseeing is fun but me always liked to get home to recover from all the excitement.

Today dat new storm will start making an appearance. Francine go away. A couple more Aussies are spose to arrive tomorrow. Ma is not happy to ask 2 good volunteers to go out in a hurricane to meet the dogs hauler.  Dey had a long trip. Ifn it bad we gonna sir on dem til Thursday or Friday when der fosters can pick dem up. Ma said we was on the clean side ob da storm so a chance majority will miss us. Harrumph! Wet is wet! Me no like wet!

Bye for now my friendlies

Tiller

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Gud cool again Toesday! Stay safe and dry, Tiller! 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Jenn, I'm sorry you are werking in a poorly arranged Cube Farm. :kiss2  Hope the sound insulation helps or at least something helps.

Miz Ducky, those caterpillar condos look great!

Roman does zoomies to greet Miss Banessas' return from even quick trips?  That's real nice ob him.  I may or may knot eben get up for Ma. :D   Honestly, I usually do arise and come to greet her butt no zoomies here.

Technology and society may change but the beauty and force of nature are so compelling.   Miss Elizabeth, that is bery wise and profound. :kiss2  I hope you hear the loons at Camp too. :nod 

Tiller, Ma saw that you might get a visit from that new storm. Phooey!  I hope it gives you all a miss and that the Aussies get settled safe and sound.

Ma got real honked off yesterday watching a squirrel wif a mouf already full ob coir fibers reached up to snatch even more off ob the coir liners in the hanging baskets. She enjoys watching squirrels butt they've been SO destructive this summer. She getting :angryfire wif 'em.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

43 minutes ago, jimsherriek said:

Ms Ducky is taking on yet another project. At least cattypillers is slow moving so you can catch them when they need to go to bed. You gonna add a whole new chapter to your book about your new adventure?

I wrote up my adventures in caterpillaring for writing class and each of us there read our story aloud. Not too far into reading mine the teacher (retired Marine, retired school teacher) started rolling her eyes, shaking her head, and saying nooooooo. She did see the humor it, even though her rows of dill and parsley plants had been decimated my swallowtail caterpillars.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Carol news! 

She will be moving to a rehab facility either today or tomorrow,

so hold off sending any more out until I get the name of the new place.

See my new post below!

Rest assured that our cards and letters will get forwarded to her.

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Another Carol Update!

She will be moving today to:

Johnson County Rehabilitation Hospital
11325 College Blvd, Overland Park
KS 66210

attn: patient Carol Nioce

I asked Carol's friend about her condition:

"She has improved somewhat but she has a long road in front of her. She is eating solid food. But she's on 4 liters of oxygen. She's more alert and wants her electronics back (phone and computer).

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

tiny hada siggy.png

Mornink!

Tiller, I hope that hurrycane doesn’t come by you and them Awstralian houndies can get where they’re supposta go.

Thanks for the Carol update Miss Ducky! I was juss tellin Mistress we should send her anodder card.

Mistress did lawn mowerin lass nite and I hadda stay in the house whilst she did the front but then she let me out back whilst she was mowerin there. But it was borink so I ax to go in and she ignored me <_< so I stood in front of the mower then she hadda stop. :D It was time for my supper so she made that and called me, but I was so mad at her about the inconvenients of the mowerin that I didn’t come. She called again and I not come and again. Then she said, “OK, you made your choice” and went back out to finish the mowerin. And she didn’t even put my bowl down. :unsure I know I made a mistake and when she came back in I went rite by the counter so she knew I reelly did want my supper meet.

Then this mornink it was time for Wiki walkie and Mistress was takin too long wiff lip balm and sunglasses and sox so I tried to help by going in her purse to get her keys. :) I never tried that before, but I know she takes them keys on Wiki walkie. I know she is vary imprest at how smart I am bout stuff like that but also she gets frustrated that I’m not obedient to her orders. She wonders sumtimes what it would be like to have a beeg dumm labradork wiff not a thot in his hed but who lissened to everything she said. :rolleyes:

Speekin of not a thot in there heds, she wants the puter back for work. Today’s mistree is why she got a cansillayshun letter on a policy whitch is not cansilled. :blink:

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Charlie...dat iz a reel sad storee abowt dat yung HOOman!

Miss Ducky, fanks fur da update.  Dat iz gud dat she wants her lectronics back....den she can habz direct aggsess to us houndies - an we always make fings better!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Miss Chris sorry your garden has been attacked. We loved your flowers especially the hibiscus 

Miss Ducky thanks for the  Miss Carol address update.  We had a card already to  go to address #2 .  Mom is going to cross off that address & put in  #3 address.

Tiller mom & I  saw the weather report that a hurricane might be coming your way.  Here's to them being wrong & the Aussies can safely arrive.

Remember I told you they are repaving our street. Well yesterday they ran out of that black stuff. It was only a third done.  This am a little after 6am they were back to finish the job.So we are trapped in our house again.

Bitiz enjoying another beautiful day.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:coffee    Long gone.

I got distracted earlier by my HayGuy telling me he no longer had any hay for me :omg

His alternative fields were hijacked and sold off without his knowledge.  Or so he says.  He could bring me last years squares but I have nobody to unload/stack as kids are back in school. Sigh.  Now he says he’s found some beeg rounds that are dry and stored under cover.  Sigh.  We’ll see.

Then I had my ‘indoor cycling’ class - in the City - starting at 9.   Got out to my car to discover I had a nearly-flat tire.  Sigh.  

Had to drive the truck in for the class - which was amazingly good :)

My poor car also need brakes, an oil change and a turn-signal bulb changed. It goes in on Thursday - guess theylll need to look at my tire, too.  Pap has pumped it up about an hour ago and it still seems to be OK.

Now I am heading out to clean it out. It is disgusting.  Mistress would be appalled….

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud eevning frendz. It haz jusst started raynee raynes and Mum iz gowing owt fower stayke dinna tunyte. I howpe she gonna bring bak sum stayk fower us. AR YU LISSNING MUM? She going wiv Missr. R’s bruvver and s-I-l who kum ova frum La France and tayke hur owt wyle they ar heer.

Ower kaar iz gowing in fower Serviss and MOT tumorro so Mum hadda kleer evereefing ower ov it tuday. Yu ar KNOT alown Mam!

Howp yu and the Auzzie howndees Miss the hurrykane Tiller.

Ivy and Cherry will see they’re ‘rents suun.:D

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

Aaagh, just reelyse this still in Zavvi’s littul font……..ZAVVI!!  Where ar yu?

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Mam, I hope that your day gets better and that you get some hay for the winter. :kiss2

Wiki, that was a close call about getting your supper. :eek  I'm glad Mistress got your message.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Starting out cool and bloo skies, but it's gonna get cloudings by tonite with some showerings until tamarrow affernoon.  Then we are sposed to stay cooler in the 70s until next week!!!  :yay  

Miss Nutmeg we think that's really nice of Mister Richards relayshuns to keep in touch with your Momma.  Plus also, she gets a nice dinner out every once in a while.  Momma hasn't sitted in a akchooall restraunt in YEARS!!!  :lol    :hope that you get some steaks in a nice white box!!  :chow  

Mam we're glad you were not driving that car whilst the tire was low!!  And that you founded some hay, maybe.  And hadded a good class!!  :thumbs-up 

Mister Tiller, you keep your head down and protekt your bad leggie!!!  We sure hope that hurrycane stays far away from you!!

Have fun today Miss Lizabeth!!  When do you leave for New Englind??  Momma wouldn't like being without running waters and indoor toilets, no matter how pretty it was!!  ;)  

Miss Cindy???  Are you home yet???  How's that Little Mister Gabe doing at hisown foster house??  How was the weddingk??

Miss Wiki, in myown opinyum, you *never* mess with your Momma whilst there's food in the balance!!!  :shakefinger  :eek   Maybe over her purse, or some sorta paper produkts, or stuffy killing, but never over foods!!!

Me and Flizzie both get essited when Momma comes home from errinds.  Usually cause she brings home take out foods with her!!!  But also because I just love my Momma!!  I hafta sing my song for her, and Flizzie just jumps around like a nutball!!  :rolleyes:  

Safe travellings home Miss Kathy and Mister Jim!!  I bet your girlies will be glad to be home too!!

Miss Bitzi, sorry your street is still tored up.  That sukks.  But it sounds like you are like us and don't really need to go out very much anyways!!!  ;)  Our biggest problem would be getting deliverings if our street was tored up!!!  ;) 

Thanks for keeping us in the loopings Miss Ducky!!  We gotta get a card to send.  But hopefully she gets her puter and fone back, then she can come and tiktik to us herownseff!!  :yay 

Today's garbige day, so Momma's gotta put out the bins.  Plus also, she's gotta clean out the old cookbook shelfs and rearrange the stuff more betterer for Daddy, and to get it offa the stove so Momma mite be able to akchooally cook something on it again!!!  Daddy has always had this thing where he just puts stuff down wherever he gets done with it, and there it stays, whether that's is where it goes or not.  And he's decided that the stove is now his dumping spot and Momma is totally over it!!  So she's gonna organize stuff so maybe he'll keep his crap off the stove.

Wishings for a terrifikal Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sad day here. I lost my last VP to dementia. He was only two years older than I am and was such a good caring man. We worked together for 13 years. I know life isn't fair but this was just ridiculous.

• Sad 2

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

So very sorry, Patsy :grouphug :( Another reminder that we really and truly can only count on today. We just never know how long we'll be here, regardless of age. The seemingly arbitrary nature of life is something that we humans grapple with constantly because it is so bewildering. We have philosophised over this since time immemorial, yet we still struggle with it. Sending a hug.

I'm sorry I've been so absent. I am just absolutely slammed at work and have been for the last two weeks, it's just little me and lots of people to provide IT support for. I run all day, and of course driving home and back st lunchtime and walking Lupin in the space of one hour adds to the stress, because I can't be late back. Which has also been difficult because his corn makes him walk slowly. Argh. Anyway I get home exhausted, not just physically but mentally. So very peopled out and overstimulated.  ca1a20_ca0404f32f3d4dcea199797610773b31~ ca1a20_d3209b196b234909be4de71e9086d3cc~ I don't have the energy to do anything, and the last thing I want to stare at is a computer. 

So I'm sorry, I haven't read anything, I have massive brain fog right now, but I hope Carol is doing ok and all of you really, and I'll check back in when I can. We're alive and doing ok and I managed to hull out some of Lupin's corn and he's been walking better, plus I found Merlin's Therapaw, so I can use that too if I need to.

To some of you WFUBCC old-timers: I dreamed of Merlin the other night! :wub: It was so special and happy. I hardly ever remember the dreams I have of my dogs, something that has always saddened me. But the very rare times I do dream about them, it's nearly always a happy dream, so I'm grateful for that. 

Anyway I'd better go. Love to you all

-kerry & lupin coming up for air 

ca1a20_3939bb012fc443a592d6ee915ee6f71f~

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thank you Mother Nature. She shoved the hurricane out to sea just enough that we will only get light showers.

The Aussies arrived in Toronto safely. A minor glitch. One of the dogs coming to Houston snuck onto the ride going to Indiana. The transporter for our dogs had to chase them down and get our dog back. So they are now going to be very late arriving tomorrow evening. Tiller will be hosting til their foster parents can pick them up. 

S

• Like 2
gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Since we are reporting dead people, I’ll tell that I lost two old friends in the past few weeks. The first was a good friend in high school, we fell out of contact after the first year of so of college. He was 51 and died of the mysterious natural causes at home. The thing is, BFF and I just did a google search of him last month to see what became of him. And we were shocked that he looked exactly the same as he did at 18 and speculated on what dark arts he had engaged to not age. :unsure

The second one was a harder hit. About 25 years ago BFF and I were friends with two guys, one from Guatemala and one from South Africa, who were roommates and were here, working at my company, on some international worker exchange. We had such crazy adventures with those guys and also some really poignant times.  We all lost track of the South African after he went back home but BFF and I both stayed in touch with the Guatemalan. The last time I saw him was 14 years ago when he came here for a visit and I think the last time I talked to him was when my mom died 9 years ago. BFF went to his facebook and saw that he had died. The googling of him showed why we hadn’t heard from him in so long. He was a minister in the government and then was on trial for money laundering and bribery. :wow He was acquitted only because they got his name wrong on one court document. He was not even 50 and died from cancer.

Edited by Jerilyn
  • Sad 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

We sure are sorry for alla the people losses this week.  It's hard to kinda get yourown head around it, espeshully peeples you have kinda lost touch with.  :kiss2

Miss Kerry and Mister Lupin!!  :wave

Along that line of tiktikking, Momma is about to send the final bikkie munnies out to everybody from herown Momma's estating.   Then they will be 99.9% done with that whole thing.  Still one hanging out there, but that can't be settled until next Januwary when the taxing forms get sended out.  But the taxman dood didn't think there would be anything to worry about, so, probly, done!

Absolutely nuthing else happened here that needs writin about.

Later Gaters!!

AP - boring

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Another nice day in the books.  Mom hopes the Phillies have another win in the book tonight

For  all of you remembering someone who was your friend & is now gone.  HUGS & mom says the older you get the more it happens 

OK I had last out potties, my goodnight biscuits so I am of to dreamland

BItzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:(     Sad days, with all those quite young people going dead.   

The 31 year old brother of a gal who used to ride with Kaila was killed in an accident on Sunday.  His Dad used to play hockey with my son.

Myown Dad passed at 54.  He had some heart issues (first heart attack at 47) and my Mom came home from work and found him dead, sitting on the couch.

It is Wendell, from the Inn, Celebration of Life on Saturday.     

Enough sad news!

More Aussie hounds for Sherries group!   Why do they fly into Toronto first?

PattyKake and I rode for a short while in the ring with the kidlets tonight, then we all went for a walk on the little forest trails.  perfect weather...cool and no bug!

Sorry work is stressing you out, Kerry.  Does Lupin 'need' a walk at lunchtime?  Why not just let him out in the yard  to sniff'n'pee while you eat your lunch?  Save the walking for weekends when you have lots of time.   

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Another for the loss list. My friend Tricia called me yesterday. We hadn't talked in over a year so usually our calls last over an hour. She and her husband had volunteered to do turnouts at the GFNC kennel starting back in the mid 90s and they are about 5 years older than me. 2023 hit them hard. They lost their oldest son to a sudden heart attack at age 51, then their 2 salukis, and finally their greyhound. During all that they did adopt an iggy who has brought some joy back into their lives.

tiny hada siggy.png

We got home around 6:00 tonight after sitting FOREVER  in traffic on the Capital Beltway.  At least we didn’t have to drive as we use an airport limo service.

I’m so sorry to hear about our friends’ losses.  My own farm died suddenly of a heart attack at 51.  I had just graduated from nursing school and did CPR on him for 35 minutes before the ambulance came ( back then it was an all volunteer ambulance crew, EMT’s didn’t exist yet).  That was one of the worst days of my life.

With better news, we pick up our girls tomorrow around 11:00 am!

Kathy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

:coffee Good morning!

:standard  Remembering 9/11 today

Today’s. Activities involve lots of laundry, grocery shopping (we have no food in the house!) and finally, picking up our girls! :D

Kathy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.