WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Charlie, that's very, very sad news.  Losing a child is awful.  I can't imagine how people get through it. :(

Miss Caroline, I hope yor had a lovely birthday. :blowcandle

Kathy, Niagara Falls!   I love Niagara Falls!!!!  And the movie (longest walking away scene in film history).  And the Three Stooges bit.  (slowly I turned... step by step.....) I've been at least three times.  I've stayed on both sides. (There are TimBits on the Canadian side. :chow )  And, of course, the Maid of the Mist. ca1a20_156dfa03a0e04a9cad9496bee793b472~

I wonder were Ducky's habitats are now.  Don't they know lives are at stake!!! :ohno

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:coffee      Cool 10C.  Might see the sun.

:(     Run Free Frankie

:confetti   Andi

Should be decent weather for your visit to Niagara Falls. Have fun!

Kibo & Joshi are enjoying the new stuffies although Joshi is very greedy. 

I’m alarming to ride Patty, then head to the Shack.  Yesterday was very windy and the waves on the lake were huge. One of our Guests boats got swamped and started to sink.  It took a lot of pumping and several people to keep it afloat.  

Also have Chiro late this aft :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Kathy enjoy Niagara Falls - that is where Dan grew up! In fact, when you are looking at the American Falls across the river you will see a small separate falls on the right called The Bridal Falls. We were standing on the Canadian side looking at the Bridal Falls when Dan and I got engaged! 

Thanks for all the compliments! You guys make me blush!!

Molly slept pretty much all day yesterday recovering from her nine days of run, run, running and tug, tug, tugging with her new bestie Avery! She has so much fun at the dog sitters house.

• Like 3

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gud fall-like Moansday! Hope ebberyone habs a splendid day!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hi! Hi! Hi!  Everybuddy have good weekend?  We did!

On Sattiday Mistress stopped at this crafts/vendor fair she saw whilst out and aboot. She aktually bot sum Chrispmix prezzies and she bot a cheep luntsch but as usual them fundsraiser industrial hamburglers are not to her liking. But that’s good for me cause I got most of a hamburgler. :chow Then Sunnyday mornink I got to go in the car! :offwall Juss a reel short ride to the forrist and we had good long Wiki walkie wiff lotsa sniffsniff there. Lader I hadda go in the wire boks cause Mistress and BFF went to their collidge for a walkin toor of sacred art and artatekchoor. It was done by a art professor/priest who is the most innerstin and engagin speeker ever. You can tell he juss loves what he’s talkin bout and loves to share it. Alla peeple agreed they’d lissen to him talk bout anythin. It was supposed to be 45 minit walk then refreshmits and conversayshun. 40 minits in and they were still at the first stop. :lol: Then the refreshmint was fancee ice creem calt geeloto. Mistress didn’t save any of that for me.

Happy Gotcha Andipants! :balloonparty Didja get a sammitch or sumthin?

Aww dang it! I was shore Miss Mam’s prize was gonna be a puppy.

Charlie, we are sorry for Frankie’s fambily. What a sad and skary thin.

Miss Kathy, you gonna go over the falls in a barrill?

Mistress says she can’t afford to take time away from the puter so I gots to give it up. She’s on a rampage tellin peeple to do their jobs. :headwall  :wife

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

AndiPants, Happy Belated Belated Gotcha Day!  :confetti

Charlie, what a sad and shocking loss for Frankie's fambily. :kiss2

Miss Kathy and Mister Jim, I hope that you enjoy Niagara Falls.  Ma's ever only seen photos and videos and even they look spectacular!

Molly, I know your LUB the sitter's house butt I bet you're glad to hab your own fambily home again. :yay

Wiki, that forest walk sounds like a lot ob fun.  Plus also, so does the sacred art and architecture tour Mistress and BFF took.  Neato that the presenter was such a great asset! The very best kind ob teacher. :wub:

We hab lubly mild weather again today. Auntie Ann had fasting labs today and missed the gym class.  Ma's still knot doing the gym class until her back is all better butt she does hab lots ob exercises she can do so she went to the gym and did those. She was pleased that she filled an hour wif good hard werk.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Quick checkin from the Shore. It was chilly with the wind yesterday but still sunny and gorgeous and I saw dolphins frisking by--first time for me in these waters!  Sunny again today and for the rest of our week.

We will wander up town soon, window shop, have lunch somewhere, and play the ever popular what-hymn-is-the-church-across-the-lake-playing-on-the-carillon-now game. 

How terrible to lose someone that young. 

• Like 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

We are catching up!

Happee bee lated burfday, Miss Caroline.

Kiva! A FAIR!!!  Dat muss habz been fun.

Oh, Tiller...dis all sownz traumatical!

Ah habz been a bit ub a pesto according to mama ....mama did KNOT go to NOO Jersey dis weekend an ah woke herbz up sebberal times bowf ub da nites to tell her how happee ah wuz dat she wuz on da farm moss ub da day fur TOO days in a row...no work job an no NOO Jersey...how iz dat beeing a pesto????  She sez it iz inneresting dat ah do KNOT do dat on regular nites - ah try to eggsplain dat it iz becuze ah am juss so preshiatib ub da hole day togedder.  Mama sez she finks ah wud sleep better wif a day ub actibity in da howze radder den on da wurkdays.  Ah try to tell herbz it iz juss all abowt lubz.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Sposed to be clear wiff sunnings and in the low 80s today, but it's all cloudings so far.  At leest the smokings got mostly blowed out dooring the nite.  We could even see some stars when we wented for last outs last nite.

Miss FancyToo, Momma's just do NOT get it!!!  I go over and let her know how much I preesheeyate her, and she just says "Lay down Andi!" all. the. time.  :rolleyes:  

Mister Nate, I think Miss Loosy is doing the rite thing by not going to exercise class.  Is she feeling any more betterer at all??  :dunno  

Miss Patsy it sounds like you're having a nice time!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Wiki, do you like riding in your new car yet??  That forresty walk always sounds like a lotta fun!!  Crakk that whip, Miss Jerilyn!!  :kickbuttSorry about the wire box again, but you did get most of a hamberger outta it!!  Momma said the Subway we hadded, like, 10 days ago was for my Gotcha Day, but somehow I do NOT beleeve her.  <_<  

Mam, we hope you have an UN-alarming ride on Miss Patty Horsie!!  :eek  

Have fun at Niagra Falls Miss Kathy!!  :yay  

Nuthing going on around here that's worth talking about.  :dunno  Maybe I can talk Momma into getting some luntsch delivery for my Gotcha Day!!  :D  

Here's some picher from the last couppla weeks I been meaning to post.  This one's what some stoopid skwerril or rat or something did to Momma's ONE ear of cornings.  :angryfire 

53979865662_87347a2d39.jpg20240908_111747 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

More skwerril damage to a pukecummer.

53981066454_b18cb2b8fe.jpg20240902_113856 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And here is a little bitty mellin ball!  It probly won't have time to get ripe, but Momma was essited to see it.

53981066704_674f896b85.jpg20240906_105425 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Momma's hibiscuts flowered finally!!  Affer two years!!  You can see how big it is compared to her hand.  But she thotted it was yellow!!

53981065854_d38905f0e8.jpg20240828_113106 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

A Rose of Sharon flower, with a bee.  Momma really thinks those yellow jakkets were keeping the bees away from us, cause there's been loads of em around since the bee dood tooked that nest away!!

53938178566_42b054000d.jpg20240818_114148 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Some pretty chive blooms

53914881645_3a0f4877fb.jpg20240810_111327 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Wishings for a miraculuss Munderday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hola howndees, thees eez Bandito Zavvi.
Senor Nate, I theenk you are a tishoo paper eeter lyke me? The long legged laydee duz not a preeshyate it when I fynd wun and shred it butt she say at leest I wype my own bum wen I go to the toilet. Thees ees a good theeng, yes?

Zavvi.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Oh, Andi - happee beelated gotcha day!!!

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

2 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Wiki, do you like riding in your new car yet?? 

I lubs the noo car! :wub: This was only my second time in it, my Mistress is kinda fanatical bout keepin it nice and apparently that means no dog spit. <_< I got a noo hammock to go in it and it’s reelly great too! The lass one was pritty hammocky and not reel stabil so I had a hard time gettin down and up. This one is more flatter I guess and I lay down rite away. I didn’t even wanna get out when we got home. Mistress likes it when I lay down cause then my spit don’t go on the console or the winders.

Wiki, black houndie lubs the black car :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

ooooohhhh, doze hammocks in da cars are reel nice....

FancyToo, humans try butt they sometimes just aren't a sensitive to fings as us houndies are.  I'm really glad you had ann day for 2 days at home wif your Mom! :yay

AndiPants, Ma's much better butt she 1) decided wif the nurse at her doctor's office knot to do the regular Mon-Wed classes until there is knot eben a twinge in her back and there is still a twinge and 2) she's to see a chiropractor for the first time tomorrow and she thought she'd see what that doctor has to say.  She's real happy that from werking wif the trainer she is comfy around the well equipped gym and has no trouble filling an hour wif challenging things to do.

Poor Miss Chris!  Her garden looted by pestilentials! 
Ma noticed when she mowed that the hosta had been chewed to a nub.  That's neber happened before. :angry:  Oooh, Miss Chris' hibiscuits, Rose ob Sharon, and even her chives are blooming beautifully!  Owr chives bloom is purkle balls.  Does Miss Chris know what kinda chives those are?

at leest I wype my own bum wen I go to the toilet     Zavvi, that is :rotfl   What good boys we are. :evil

Wiki, I'm real glad you and Mistress bof like the New Black Car.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

BoyHowdy - i am so sorry -  I thought it was Charlie’s dog friend who went ded. Now I realize it was a human. A young human :(

Nothing new here - gotta go back to the Inn as I didn’t get the next werk skedool done this aft. And I will knot sit and do it here at home - no pay unless we’re punched in!  PlusAlso I need to catchup with the incoming night gal :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

A skwirrel iz just a rat wibs a bushy tail :angry:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

We're finally getting some sound proofing in our stupid cube walls. my co irker and I face each other so we talk straight to each others faces even though we have cube wall between us. I really hope hope it will make a difference. Or, you know ,they could rearrange the desks so we're facing AWAY from each other. Seems like that would be easier. :angryfire

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Jen, your suggestion makes sense but often until management thinks they've come up with the idea, repositioning of the desks probably will remain as is.

This morning brought me yet another dead cicada, in my bedroom, right where I'd put my feet down getting out of bed. Luckily I wasn't napping then.

You guys have so much to do in your towns!  We got nothin' here other than watchin cattypillars eat, poop, and escape. But the enclosure habitats came today! I put a photo of them over in my Redneck Condo post. I still have more shifting around to do and dismantling the dog crate condo.

The Utah butterfly guy, Todd, emailed asking if we could chat on the phone. It was gonna be today but has been postponed until tomorrow because he had to prepare a lecture on overwintering chrsalysissess. I'm imaging an audience composed of butterflies.  :P  I shall await his call with bait  bate  parsley on my breff!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

None ob y'all like cicadas to eet, I guess! Us needer, but we do like to eet paper. Or at least shred it.

Duz anyone else celebrate when yer persons come back from a short errand? Dat Galoot, he gets da roomie-zoomies when Mom comes back from da store, or da library, or sumptin nawt all day.

We had a great visit to Niagara Falls today!   So much water and so much power from the falls!  It was really worth getting slightly wet, sailing into the mist and hearing the sound close up!

Gino, Cherry and Ivy ALWAYS celebrate our return from errands!  Lots of zoomies and barking and pandemonium!

Tomorrow we head to the airport for our flight home!

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hello me freends!

Poor Miss Chris who got herown garden damaged by skwirrels... But wot a lubberly flower on dat hibiscus!

Habs a safe trip bakk Miss Kathy!

Oh celebrashuns! I always great momma-bear atta door den do my snappy snaps to great her while rubbing on herownself. Zorro del galgo iz farther away tossing hedgmaggedons in da air. At least I got momma-bear to myownself when she comes bakk!

Momma-bear wuz bakk at werk today, she took 6 weeks off this summer. I yam gonna miss my momma-bear time, butt dis ok as long as she brings bakk sticks fur us to chew from from time to time.

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Charlie, your Momma Bear will appreciate snuggling with you even more when she gets home from work!

I just have to put all our overnight stuff in our luggage and we will be ready to go.  I’m looking forward to being home- hopefully it will help Jim settle down into a routine again.

We will pick up our girls tomorrow! :yay 

Kathy.  

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

11 hours ago, macoduck said:

I shall await his call with bait  bate  parsley on my breff!

Parsley is very high in Vitamin C so chomp away!  How exciting to have gotten the notice of an expert in the field.  Maybe he'll mention you in his lectures. Of course, when he talks about ducks and caterpillars it might get confusing for some people when them think you're raising them for snacks. :wacko:

Kathy, didn't you love Maid of the Mist?  I've done it a couple of times and it's always thrilling.  Technology and society may change but the beauty and force of nature are so compelling.  And, did you remember to get TimBits?? :chow

Today is Crossroads Day. And, one week from today, I'll wake up at Camp.  One night in the woods with no TV or internet (or running water). I'm really hoping to hear the loons call. (Speaking of the timeless beauty of nature.)

Nancy, I think it's smart to go back to the Inn to get your work done.  No need to give it away for free.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound