WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Punkin is home with a 'script for her UTI :yay We felt all the baknforf going on, thank y'all soo much!

Miss Jan

• Like 7

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I see a very recent pupdate from Miss Jan and Punkin has a UTI.  Whew.

It’s stinkin’ hot here too.  Knot as hot as the west coasters. 

Sheet Shack was pretty warm but I’m home now. Going back from 4-7 to relieve the manager as he’s working the desk today.

Sorry about your stuffies, Merc.  Charlie has a most excellent idea ;)

I managed to squeeze my foot into a boot and had a reasonably good ride on Patty.  Doesn’t really hurt whilst I’m riding.  This Velcro boot is just awesome…  which is good as I foresee having to wear it for a long time.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Jupe, I say pee in da howse, it needs sum color and yoo were just stressed about da stuffies goin round and round.

Ouchy, but gud noos for Punkin. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hello my Friendlies!!

Sposed to be hawtter today than yesserday.  Probly the first 100+ degree day.  We didn't even get hardly below 70 this morning!!  And now they say this is gonna continyoo untill next Windsday!!!!  :yikes  :weep  

It's HAWT all over Miss Ivy!!  We are watching the horsie racing and everyplace is hawt!!  One track is postponing their races until Munderday - but I don't think it's gonna be any cooler really!  :eek  Glad your playgroop turned out OK and those bad pitbull hoomins haven't showed up again!!  :thumbs-up 

Mister Jupiter, Flizzie feels your pain about not wanting to pee when there's boomers!!!  Momma is just :hope the stoopid peeples don't start up again this weekend!!!  There was only a couple late last nite and none when we were o-u-t for our ushuall last outs.  Sorry about your stuffies getting warshed.  Your Momma seems overly conserned with things (and houndies) being dirty!!!  :eek  

Oh GOOD!!  Miss Jan has postied that Miss Punkin just has a UTI!!!  :thumbs-up   :yay 

Mister Nate we sure hope those boomers stay away for you too!!  Have those chupacabra Uffies dogoos been back lately or have they moved on??

Mister Charlie, as long as you get brekkie when you get up, you can sleep in as long as you want!!  I get too hongry so I start howling early to let em know.  Unforchoonately, it doesn't usually get Momma out of bed any earlier!!!  <_<  

NO news from Miss Sherrie and Mister Tiller???  Now that hurrycane mite be headed for em!!!  :eek 

Mam, I think maybe some epsom salt soakings would help your foot a lot!!!  :grad  

Hey Mister Gino!!  :wave  How's everybody at your house???  Inkwiring minds wanna know!!  ;) 

Miss Caroline, Momma is gonna be shokked - SHOKKED, I tell you!!! - if our Braves manage to get a win over your Phillies this weekend.  Momma thinks our run of winning the NL East at 6 years is gonna be over, cause the Braves are kinda sukky this seazon.  :( 

Absolutely nothing is going on around here that's any fun at all for US!!!  It's even too hawt to play with the pole by the time we get outside in the mornings!!!  Momma's gotta spend all her outside time watering so her plantings don't go d-e-d!!!  :rolleyes:  

Wishings for a satisfying Satidday for all my Friendlies!!!  STAY COOL AND SAFE EVERYBODY!!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Punkin I am glad it was only a UTI. Now take the medicine the vet gave you & you will be all better.

Jup when stuffies get washed do they forget you ?  Do they have to learn how to play again? 

Howie glad to hear you are doing better.

Yes where is Miss Sherrie. I saw that she & Tiller are in the path  Be safe Miss Sherrie.

Miss Chris dont give up on the Braves.  One year the Phillies had to win 1(one) game out of 28 games  to be in the playoffs & they blew it.

Like all of you we are stuck in the suckkies.  It is just a short walk & inside to the chilly boxes

Take care Bitzi & her house guest Wendy 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Well, we had our afternoon Wiki Walkie and it wuz really short.   We walked down the street and then crossed over the street and came back.   It wuz shady most ob the way cuz we habs lots ob trees, but it wuz just too short.  ^_^

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We're bery glad to hear Punkin's ok. :wub: it's hawt again, 101° for today but definitely cooler next week. Yay! Mom spent the evening with her most best friends which always lifts her spirits. She does miss them and she gets to see them again next week at a wine and food event. 

we're trying to stay cool here, I fink we will stay in and watch movies after mom does her laps in the pool. Usually no one is there this early in the day.

Habs a great day ebereewun 

🌞:rivethead

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Jup when stuffies get washed do they forget you ?  Do they have to learn how to play again?      Interesting questions :huh

So far fans and open windows keeping our house at 74. Dr Steve has a window AC upstairs in his office that he can retreat to.

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

We are fine, just stayin inside and stayin cool. Fuzzy gets herbs checkup neggs week, she will probablee need sum ouchie medicine, cos she keeps lik-likin herbs wrists--but den she gets all bouncy when she gets hexcited!

Da Galoot habs been calming down a leetle, he lays nicely w/owt himz lecter sumtimes, but still gets too riled up about fuds.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Dio still gets crated to eat because Summer eats so slowly and Dio will run over and finish Summer's meal for so don't feel bad, Galoot

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Jupe, me fren! Knot to werry, dey’ll be ok! 

IMG-6098.jpg

Yer frens, 
AnnIE & Punkin

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

48 minutes ago, Jenbo said:

Dio still gets crated to eat because Summer eats so slowly and Dio will run over and finish Summer's meal for so don't feel bad, Galoot

Cherry still gets crated to eat also, otherwise she would intimidate Ivy to give up her food!  

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Well this eating other dog's food is just not a  greyhound thing.  Wendy is crated at food time otherwise she  would try & eat Bitzi's..

The Phillies game is delayed due to weather. They are playing in Atlanta Now mom's evening is all messed up

Mam glad you can get into boot .

Night all, sleep tight your friend Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

9 hours ago, LBass said:

Today I am reading that yesterday was the first anniversary of Laila's passing.  Yesterday when I got in from grocery shopping there was a beautiful small butterfly inside the house, butter yellow with small black and white markings, fluttering against the deck door glass.  I was able to capture it inside my hand and set the beauty free outside.  We've never had a butterfly get into the house and I'm not sure when or how this one entered, but now I'll believe that it was a message for you from Laila. :heart

Aw, I think so too! Thank-you for sharing that.  :heart  I was taking Mary's Grey Enuff out to pee this morning---another one of hers who is not doing real well :(---and saw the little butterfly too.  It kept hovering near me, and I know those are the ones Laila sends.  I just can't seem to get over missing her so deeply.

I have a silver butterfly ring that I wore in Laila's honor.  I really like the shape, and I'm thinking of getting it tattooed on my index finger.  Yes, I know I'm a little strange for a 77 year old woman.  People my age or even younger, are thinking about Over 55 communities, and I'm pondering my next tattoo! :lol

The concert was really fun.  It was a group of 16 singers and musicians who re-created an eclectic group of songs from the late 60s to the mid 70s.  And of course, I knew all of them.  The performers were quite talented, and the outside venue in South Park was great.  Everyone brings chairs and blankets and there are food trucks and beer and wine vendors.  It was a huge crowd, and a lovely night. It was Mary's husband's birthday, and a lot of his family was there, and we had a toast to his memory. We got rained on twice, but it was brief.  Afterwards, Mary and I stayed up till about 3, even though we always say we're not going to do that.

We had a lot to talk about.  We are going to New Orleans in October! :yay The 15th till the 22nd, and will get to see an awesome parade, the Krewe of Boo.

Angie is glad she has company in the No no bad baff club.  She was especially thrilled at the visual of Zorro running around the yard all lathered up.  "Grease Swine."  :rofl  But collapsing works well too, Andi.

Wow, a lot of you are SO hot!  I so hope Sherrie doesn't get more extreme weather.

Interesting playgroup you had this morning, Ivy.  But not such good news about that salivary gland. :grouphug

Glad Punkin has a UTI, and not something much more serious.  Kiva and Angie say Ja, ja, ja, Miss Jan!  What an amazing collection of clean stuffies!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Glad Playgroup was a success.  Looks like those others have figured out it's much cooler very early in the mornings!

Awwwww..... Laila is sending lots of:wub: messages  

Kibo is a slow eater and his dish is in the kitchen.  Sid & Joshi eat in the mud room, baby-gated off from Kibo.

Still no word from Sherrie?  And a storm is headed her way?

I've finished 'The Women'.  Couldn't put it down.   I know political stuff here is frowned on but I just want to say that I never really heard much about that war back then, and not when it was over and the Vets returned.   I had no idea until now.  I was a teenager and I guess I didn't pay attention. :(

I didn't ride Patty for very long as it was just too hot - even at 8 - for much more than walk and a little trot.  My Blunnie boot only hurts when I'm walking  - mostly just my baby toe now-  so I put it on just as we leave the barn and pull it off as soon as we're back.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I've finished 'The Women'.  Couldn't put it down.      Wasn't it FABULOUS?! That was my generation and I remembered it all, so much of the book was intensely painful to read. The author really did her research; I saw situations described that were similar to autobiographical stories from nurses who were there.

Miss Jennie

• Like 2

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Another hot day today.  I hope Miss Sherrie stays safe from the storm. :unsure

Habs a gud Sunnday eberywon!

Ivy 

I'm not saying it's hot here but we've been under a heat advisory (heat index >100) for so long the weather people just say, "eh.  more of the same." ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~

Ivy, the aspiration was benign.  That's the part I'm holding onto.

Punkin! :yay

All stuffies except bunneh :bunny  have been returned to the toy box.  Bunneh needs his belly sewed up again first. I'll do that while sewing Project Linus labels into a pile of quilts.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gud clowdy but sticky Sunnyday! We keep tryin to get Mom up earlier, but she ain't habbin it. Lazy ol Hag.

11 hours ago, jenners said:

I've finished 'The Women'.  Couldn't put it down.      Wasn't it FABULOUS?! That was my generation and I remembered it all, so much of the book was intensely painful to read. The author really did her research; I saw situations described that were similar to autobiographical stories from nurses who were there.

Miss Jennie

I looked it up on Wikipedia. Quite a story! And Ms Jennie, the author lives on a small island off Seattle.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ivy, B9 for those fluids is worth :confetti butt it sounds like you're gonna hab a surgery visit in your future. :kiss2

That's practical and sage advice for a hound who needs to take action, Zorro del Galgo. :nod

Punkin's home and should be feeling better soon! :yay  Hurray!

Mam, I'm glad you found that velcro boot and that you can still ride in your regular boots.

We had another day ob heat index in the 106 range.  AP take care ob yourselves in the terrible heat you are habing.
This heat here was going on for the neighbor girl's sweet 16 party, poor fing.  They had a huge crowd that was amazingly quiet.  They'd put up a big tent.  I hope she had great fun!  Today it is a whole 10 degrees cooler!   We're still habing firewerks.  Still.  They were going on last night at last potties and I refused to go out.  Things had been quiet enough that I got Ma up from reading herself to sleep to go out.  Then I got her up again about 1:00. :D

AP, we've knot seen those Ushey dogs again butt we heard that they live at a house around the corner and sometimes roam and worry other people too. <_<

Miss Jennie has managed to stave off turning on the AC. :yay

Ivy, what a lot ob guset dogs you had a play group!  I'm glad they and their humans were nice and friendly.

Roman is mahooring and getting a bit more mellow. :yay

AnnIE and Punkin hab THE BEST EVER collection ob nice clean stuffies! :wow

Dat's right, Miss Caroline.  We houndies are knot the only unmannerly, food thieves amongst dog.

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, we'll be celebrating that tattoo wif you if you decide to get it! :kiss2
NOLA in October for you and Miss Mary!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.