WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Happee thurteenth burfday, Punkin...

Oh, a raney day nap sownz reel nice!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Did I drop another confusing post? :blush Punkin's #13 b'day isn't until Novembah but we thank you for the early wishes. They are surely good karma :heart

• Like 3

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We are predicted to get dem thunnerboomers dis afternoon. 

BOL, Tinker iz a bootiful flower! :daisy

Lets see, we habs red fawns, blacks, brinkles, big ol' speckle-butts...lots ob flavors!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hello my Friendlies!!

Next three mornings are sposed to be cloudings clearing to sunnings in the affernoons.  Then starting Thirdsday we are gonna be having four or more days of above 90lebendees weathers, which all of us could do without!!!!  :eek  

Yes!!!!  We were fine, but Momma was reading anuther book  :rolleyes:  and she furgotted to let me say goodnite!  :sowhat 

Miss FancyToo, I figgered it was him, but he was, like, down the row away from the camra some, so we couldn't be sure!!  I bet he likes doing lotsa different jobs for the new starting dood!!  Isn't your bruther Sammy a brinkle???

Miss Jan of course Miss Punkin will be here!!!  :kiss2  

Mister Nate we are not looking forwurd to the rest of the week and next weekend with the stoopid fireworks boomies.  <_<  They are NOT legal to do around here, but peeples still do!!  :bugeye   I bet Little Tinker kitteh barfs on that collar.  :puke 

Miss Nutmeg, that sounds like a lot of d-e-d batties in one house!!!  :yikes  I would not go back there if I was Miss RE Carol eether!!!  You are a a wite-and-brinkle colored tho rite??

Miss Noo Carol Momma gets done what the weathers let her get done!!!  :lol  

:yay  :yay  HAPPY OH!CANADA DAY TO ALL THE OH!CANADIANS!!!!!  :yay  :yay  

And I furgot to wish Miss Journey :confetti  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  :confetti  yesserday!!  But you got a date for your fencing to get rebilded!!!  :pepper 

Momma got the tommytoes trimmed up and she founded a buncha tommytoes she didn't know we had!!!  Not ripe yet, but they'll get there!!  OHYEAH!!!  I been forgetting these pichers!!

We got two big broccolilili heads, and hope the heat doesn't kill the plantings d-e-d so they can grow some more!!
53826614059_7663748b9a.jpg20240627_114910 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And the stringing beanos are starting up!!
53825371447_44d9d0790f.jpg20240628_113246 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And the radishers - but just one at a time!!  :lol  
53826291336_10d5c23f60.jpg20240628_113424 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Momma thinks this is one of the prettiest fyooshas she's seen.
53815766822_3609f4c783.jpg20240622_112534 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

This rose is callt 4th of Julai
53816934673_014413d769.jpg20240624_112908 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

These are callt Toadlillies!!!  :haha  
53826614384_9efb42e9ac.jpg20240630_111425 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

And this is a daylily
53825371912_bcc35c9d68.jpg20240630_132015 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

But she's gotta run errinds this morning and bring home luntsch so I gotta go!!

Wishings for a mindful Munderday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss Jan, I unnerstood that Punkin was knot celebrating the big one three until November. I just wanted to encourage her to come celebrate wif us. :blush

Good choice, Miss Noo Carol, to stay safe at home until the weather clears up.

Oh, wow, that is a gorgeous fuchsia, Miss Chris.  Ma wonders if you happen to know the variety name? Broccoli! And all your lilies! :wow 

Nate

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Gorgeous photos of veggies and flowers :)

Our tomatoes have teeny little flowers.

And … our Sid is a Blue Brindle :wub:

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

We haven't heard from Misser Pigg lately so I stole his picture from Ms Sue's FB page.

448361270_10221893407438180_7991216604135046819_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=m9mp2F1JXT0Q7kNvgH-DP7H&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AYC8kk78raSgFWRC0LipFYXvwm57M3ijqdKU5kXKHgB5-g&oe=6688BA9F

• Like 3

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello! It’s beautifool day in Wiskconsin again! But fear not, the rains will return this evenink and continoo all day tamarra.

I am havin a day of no banditch on my leggie so it can get sum airs. It looked pritty red and raw again on Wiki walkie this mornink. <_<

Sorry you gotta deel wiff Madre again Miss Jen?  How old is she?

Speekin of old ladies, Antie calt lass nite and said that on Fryday she feel in her basemint and hurt her leggie reel bad and she was in more pain than ever in life. :unsure It seems likely that a 93 year old lady fallin on concrete floor likely fractured sum bone but she says she don’t need to go to doktor and her son isn’t makin her go. We theenk this is not a good sityouayshun.

Tinker kitteh looks silly in that nek frill. :lol Sumthin bout his nosie reminds Mistress of a bobcat.

Of course Punkin is gonna be round for 13 in Novemba. :wub:

Miss Loosy, my Mistress was kwite smitten wiff that peenk foosha too. She found this https://fuchsiafinder.com/fuchsia/baby-pink/

Speekin of smitten, what y’all theenk of the noo vicar in Grantchester?

That other flower that Miss Chris calt toad lily, well it’s not what we’d call a toad lily here, but we know it as alstroemeria and it’s the bargain of the cut floral department. We didn’t know they grew in this country.

My Mistress don’t feel great today. She had bad belly lass nite and now has hedake that none of the usual cures have fixed..

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Jerilyn, I understand you Antie not wanting to see her doctor. She's probably afraid she'll need surgery. The longer that get postponed the longer the healing would take. Is she normally a lady who moves around good for her age?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

11 minutes ago, macoduck said:

Jerilyn, I understand you Antie not wanting to see her doctor. She's probably afraid she'll need surgery. The longer that get postponed the longer the healing would take. Is she normally a lady who moves around good for her age?

Yes! You'd never know she's that age. She was mowing her own lawn up until last year! :wow  She did email me and said she slept fine last night and is moving around better today. I think you're right on that she's afraid of ending up in the hospital or a rehab/nursing home.

Lila Football

OK everybuddy. Just had lunch at Home Ranch Bottom and got the CORRECT baking time for the Rhubarb Custard Pie. It is 450 degrees for ten minutes then turn down to 350 for 35 more minutes.   
Full recipe is at the recipes thread.

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

This is bad pitcher from lass nite cause it was dark and Mistress hadda zoom in from the couch. She said I was being ridiculous all crammed in the corner so I didn't hafta lay on the mat. My chin went on it by axident.

GYRCoWKl.jpg

:ph34r

Edited by Jerilyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Lila Football

AndiPants, it is gud to hear from you.   I wuz werried!   I lubs your pikkies- that forf ob Julai rose is beautimous, so is the fuscha!   And the broccoli!  And the dayllily too!   

Oh look!  there is Misser Piggy too!

Wow!   Miss Patsy, Momma wants to take a look at that rhubarb pie recipe!

Um, Wiki?   What is wrong wif your mat?

It wuz a beautimous bloo sky day today and it is much less hoomid!   It's supposed to be nice like this tomorrow and Wednesday, but then be hot and hoomid for the Fourth ob July.  Auntie Gwen is coming ober for a cookout but they may habs to eat inside cuz ob the heat and maybe some thunderboomers too.  ^_^

Wiki, I hope your Mistress is feeling better now.

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Punkin  :kiss2   Piggy  :kiss2  Wiki  :kiss2

I'm going to check out that recipe, too  :chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

We were so overwhelmed by how much Tinker was enjoying his collar we forgot to mention it.  

Yeah Wiki what is wrong with the mat ?   

Muss Chris thanks for posting your flower & veggie pictures

Jen I feel your pain . I went thru it with my mother

That's all folks  Bitzi

Oh yeah Miss RE Carol happy flying tonight 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

We had a bunch of thunnerboomers, but it didn't help da hoomidity too much.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Deleted

OK.  Let me try this agin!!  Here's a cute picher of wite-n-brinkle Miss Nutmeg!!

"Now mi fayse iz mutch mor wyte than in this foteegraff butt Mum duz KNOT hav ennee up to dayte wunz ov me."

No photo description available.

Edited by greysmom
  • Like 6

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I got to come home yesterday!  Not till late in the afternoon because the hospital took their time in discharging Toni.  They wanted more bloodwork, then had to decide if it was good enough to let her go.  And it was.  She so glad to be home.

And from what Trish says, she is finally done with this abusive relationship. She asked her therapist for referrals to a support group.  So I am hopeful.

Cynthia, Charlie, and Zorro, we are so happy for you.  Your new home looks wonderful, and we know you will love it there.

And Halise----OMD, we are thrilled for you and Sadie!

What great Wiki pictures!  We tried to see the newest episode of Grantchester, but could not get it without signing up for something.  :angry:  We saw the last one where Will left (and all the previous ones), but all of a sudden, we can't access it.

Happy Birthday, Journey!

Kiva says, don't forget that she is a brindle.  :heart  Her face is silver too, Bitzi.  Aw, Punkin, you are lovely.   And so are you, Nutmeg!  :beatheart

So sorry about your Mom, Jen.  For several reasons.  <_<

Oh, Tinker, you are stunningly beautiful, even with your pink collar.  Your eyes are magnificent.

Great flower pics, Chris!

And Mister Piggy......:beatheart

Oh, no, Jerilyn....your aunt definitely needs to see a doctor.  Hope she's okay.

It was perfect weather today.  I watched the last 2 episodes of season 3 of Bridgerton.  I loooooved that show.  I was so scared in the middle of the season that it wouldn't turn out like I wanted it to, that I almost watched the last episode to see if I'd be broken hearted (but I didn't).  And I wasn't!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I AM HERE THIS EVENING TO SAY GOOD NITE TO EVERYBODY!!!!!  :wave

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

• Thanks 1

:coffee Good morning!

:yay AndiPants wuz here!  :yay 

That is such a nice pikkie ob Nutmeg!  I don’t think I’ve seen a pikkie ob you before!

Leetle Lacifer is a brindle too.

Habs a gud day eberywon!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

14 hours ago, Patsy said:

450 degrees for ten minutes then turn down to 350 for 35 more minutes.  

Oh, dear.  I read that as "turn upside down". :blink:  I think I need more :coffee

Punkin!  A big birthday this autumn, huh?  And your porch looks exactly like our porch up t' Camp.

Aw, lookit Naughty Nutmeg. :heart

Wiki, I sat on a cooling mat at a greyhound event and liked it.  You might want to give it another try. :nod

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

The incredible rescue of Aussie, the lost greyhound in the wilds of Grand Teton National Park for 10 days.

Alisha runs The Sanctuary at Bluebird Lane in Thayne, WY, 2 1/2 hours away. When called to help, she jumped in without hesitation. And I mean, jumped right into her truck right then.

She was the boots on the ground while I, 2235 miles away, chased down every rabbit hole of info, maps, rangers, seasonal park employees, sightings, and social media pages... Too often there was either nothing or repeated posts about the same sightings. I think in total we had 3 until the call came in from the finder. Aussie was just beyond the zone Alisha and I thought would be right. She was only between 2-3 miles from the campground where she escaped. She may have stayed closer had people not chased her. Another case of a huge reward posted and do-gooders wanting it.

Alisha was fearless. Picture millions of acres of forest, bears, wolves, coyotes, and moose. Minimal roads and no designated hiking trails. At least there was a large lake so we knew Aussie would have a water source. But the shoreline was often steep in some places. No sand or soft dirt to look for paw prints - it was all rocks. Same with the forest - all pine needles, no barren spots of dirt.

Having been an experienced wilderness trekker, Alisha found animal trails to follow and walked them multiple times a day. In some areas, people rode horses there too, but those were individuals, not organized rides. Alisha was not only searching, but leaving a scent trail by her dogs.

Now picture yourself there with extremely limited Wifi. Oh, how dependent we city slickers are on it. By the time I would reach Alisha about a sighting that had just happened it was hours before she could receive it. I spent over 30 hours online chasing leads, chatting with ranger dispatch, then after Aussie was found letting every page now she was safe.

When Alisha and I were able to talk I knew we were both on the brink of losing our last hold on hope, but then there was that voice in our ears saying, "Find me."

The full story is here, plus photos.

https://www.facebook.com/sanctuaryatbluebirdlane

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

tiny hada siggy.png

Sunny. 13C.   :coffee  almost gone.

Well done, Ducky and team   :yay     That hound and her humans are very lucky to have had such a dedicated team of searchers. Whew.

Awwwww…..baby Nuttymeg :kiss2

My poor foot / toes are still quite colourful and sore.  I found a small Velcro slipper/shoe on Amazon that helps a bit getting around in the barn yard and paddocks. I taped a plastic bag over it to keep it all dry.  Calli had a little spook at the white plastic flapping around.  He’s an idiot ;)

I’ve alternated between my Birks and runner with no orthotic at the Desk but this aft I’ll take the Velcro bootie.  And I do sit 80% of the time there.  It has been suggested that I get one of those air boots/casts and if this Velcro bootie isn’t working then I’ll look into that thing tomorrow.   

Going to see if I can ride PattyKake :)    I can get my little Blunnies on to ride.  Just can’t walk in them.

Widget is being a ‘kids camp pony’ this week.  Coach Kate sent me a little clip of her 5 yr old daughter having her very first canter while one of the teen helpers ran along beside them.  He’s just such a good boy  :star