Inspired by all the recent barking of Black Bandits, yesterday Gelsey tossed out all of her kitchen behavior training to resume the Blonde Bandit crown.  

Background:  About 95% of Gelsey's brain is hotwired to the concept of food.  She does not naturally have a lot of impulse control  :rofl  so there has been a lot of work teaching her to leave the kitchen when asked and to wait for permission to hoover up food that has been dropped on the floor.  She will eat ANYTHING -- raw kale, coffee beans ... .  

Yesterday I was putting groceries in the fridge and a sweet potato escaped from its produce bag and rolled under the fridge door and into a corner.  Gelsey was not in the kitchen.  I did not see any movement, but I did hear kind of a swishing sound.  So I called Gelsey and she appeared in the doorway from the living room.  I praised her and resumed putting groceries in the fridge before shutting the fridge door to retrieve the sweet potato.  Gone.  Nada.  Disappeared.  I did hear a faint gnawing sound, and went into the living room to find Gelsey had already demolished about half the sweet potato.  Score for this pack's red fawn version of the :ph34r

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Well done, Gelsey. I'd say your impulse control is spot-on. You'll be 100% Cletus KLTO when you nab those falling trophies before they hit the floor.

:lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Excellent work, Gelsey! :thumbs-up Bandits can come in any color. I think sweet potato was a good choice. As you may have read, Wiki recently made a mistake and took a sip of red wine. :yikes  She does not recommend it.

Wiki sends a snoot boop of bandit solidarity. :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Gelsey! Excellent banditry. :clap Well done for choosing a healthy snack—dearly departed camper and pumpkin thief Bea would most certainly approve.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:rofl  Good girl Gelsey aka the Blonde Bandit!

My Podenco Orito, NoAh, identifies as the Brown Bandit since he is a chocolate color boy.

He has knot yet snagged any food bits, however he seems to have a preference for magazines, note pads, and his dad's socks.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

4 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Gelsey! Excellent banditry. :clap Well done for choosing a healthy snack—dearly departed camper and pumpkin thief Bea would most certainly approve.

Brindle Bandit Bea :beatheart (thank you)

Banditry!! Yes!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

All this talk of banditry reminds me of Full House's Bandita, the beautiful white hound with black circles around her eyes.  However, I think she was an exemplary model of canine behavior, with little of the banditry of her name.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

1 minute ago, EllenEveBaz said:

All this talk of banditry reminds me of Full House's Bandita, the beautiful white hound with black circles around her eyes.  However, I think she was an exemplary model of canine behavior, with little of the banditry of her name.  

One of my all-time GT faves. As those dark patches faded she was left with the best Groucho Marx eyebrows. :beatheart 

• Like 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Gelsey scored both praise and a sweet potato. Win-win. :rofl 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

23 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

:lol Foster boy Buster would like to join the black bandit club. On this most recent weekend retreat he has started stealing gloves, snoods, hats, soft door stops and socks, but has also started to take interest in the honking hedgehog too.

Buster: What’s a good boy gotta do to be noticed? Pick meee! :hope 

:wub:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Excellent work, Gelsey! :thumbs-up Bandits can come in any color. I think sweet potato was a good choice. As you may have read, Wiki recently made a mistake and took a sip of red wine. :yikes  She does not recommend it.

Wiki sends a snoot boop of bandit solidarity. :ph34r

I was wondering how our famous black bandit would react. :nod

15 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Well, what fun is that? ;)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

17 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Should I let Gelsey have the rest of her sweet potato?  Will that just reward her bandit ways?  

Yes and probably. Although she’s probably forgotten that she even stole it in the first place :wub:

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

• 2 weeks later...

Gelsey enjoyed the last half of her raw sweet potato.  Milo got a dental chew to keep it fair.

Today, Gelsey was supervising me in the kitchen from her chair in the den, and noted one piece of shredded cheese (approx 1/2 inch x 5 ml) fall on the floor.  She instantly transformed from Houndie at Leisure to the Vulture, kind of like Snoopy would get in the Peanuts comic strip.  I moved away and said the magic "ok," and she leapt on it.  It really surprised me that she saw the cheese fall -- it was so small.

Her Blonde Bandit name has been changed to Red Fawn Felon, to make it more hound-color appropriate.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

5 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

It really surprised me that she saw the cheese fall -- it was so small

Isn’t she a sighthound? :coastie

:lol