Unfortunate Christmas Tragedy - 2022 Update!

Well, it's that time of year again! Time to reflect back on that crazy Christmas when Specky ate Santa Claus even though she was trying to be on her 'best' behavior! We all know that Specky's "Best" behavior was somewhat below the standards set by her sister Gizzy. While Specky might not have been the best behaved of our Greyhounds, she definitely had the MOST FUN! That sort of makes you think doesn't it? Should we focus on doing every little thing perfectly or living in the moment? Should we be a Gizzy or a Specky? I think that maybe we should aim for somewhere in the middle. Of course follow all the important rules, but maybe, just maybe can we relax a little on the ones that really don't matter? Does the bed 'have' to be made every single day? Can we let the kids load the dishwasher even if the plates aren't in the exact spot we like them in? Maybe we can put that work project that can wait until Monday away for the weekend and really enjoy time with our loved ones. 

So let's all make a pact together. Let's work at being just a little more like Specky. Live life to the fullest. Be less harsh when others do things or think different from us. Put the work and the tablet and the phone down and look around and see what our loved ones are saying. Be a Specky and live for today because we never know what tomorrow will bring. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

318061195_10224392479534249_834401924740

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Vowing to emulate one of my first houndie crushes. SPECKY!!

Edited to add that the pic of poor Santa immediately post Specky's ministrations would show the whirrld how clever a sewing surgeon you were. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Wouldn’t be December without this wonderful story

:inlove   Specky

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Specky :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, LBass said:

Specky's smile is a Christmas highlight! :wub:

:nod 

15 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Wiki is doing her best to be like Specky! :lol:

Willa too; one of my felted gnome ornaments almost lost his beard. :lol 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

31 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

:nod 

Willa too; one of my felted gnome ornaments almost lost his beard. :lol 

:shakefinger Unlike a lot of houndies here, Willa does in fact live with a cat! Multiple cats! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

17 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

:shakefinger Unlike a lot of houndies here, Willa does in fact live with a cat! Multiple cats! 

:lol 

21 minutes ago, LBass said:

Cats and Christmas trees.  Yes indeed!  :eek 

Mine are mostly interested in chewing the branches this year. :blink: No ornament casualties or tumbled tree...so far.

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Years ago I had a cat who toppled my Christmas tree 3 times one year.  I managed to be philosophical until the 3rd time. :lol  Bad attitude notwithstanding, I still had to pick up the tree and redecorate it.  With the Oriental Shorthairs, I finally went to a 4' artificial tree that sits on a table top.  They mostly leave it in peace.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.