Another Horrible Dog Parent - Petunia's Forgotten Gotcha Day

Last weekend on Sunday the 24th  was Petunia's 2 year Gotcha Day with us and I forgot to post it.  She did get lots of extra treats including french fries, I just forgot to make a post.  

The queen waiting for breakfast to be served. 

eZe74DS.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy Gotcha Day Petunia!

It's great that your humans still celebrate _and_ post, even if the post is late. My girls are ticked that I don't do either. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I hope Petunia has a union rep to present her case.  Happy gotcha day pretty girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

33 minutes ago, Houndtime said:

I hope Petunia has a union rep to present her case.  Happy gotcha day pretty girl.

I'm pretty sure she was a lawyer in a previous life, 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She’s a brood, amirite? It’s been a week, we need a report on the status of your shoes :lol

Happy Gotcha #2, Petunia :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:confetti    Spirit thinks the treats are more important than the post. :nod   Still, if you are due a post then there should be retaliation for this grievous injustice.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Petunia says it's all covered in the Broodie Manual.  She will make sure that Wiki gets a copy. 

You are in for a fun time with a broodie. We have jokingly talked about bringing in one more for a total of 3, but the joke gets more serious anytime we talk about it. We love our broodies and every minute with them. 

I have three. :D Not for the first time either. 

Senior broodies are awesome.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

I have three. :D Not for the first time either. 

Senior broodies are awesome.

Petunia and Kate are like Frick and Frack and I even see them groom each other regularly.  I'm a little concerned a third might rock the boat, but they are both fine when other dogs are here staying overnight, so it may be a non-issue.  I am really missing have a big goofy boy since Rocket left, but I also know that there will be senior broodies in this house for as long as they are available, 

2 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Three momma dogs!?!? :blink: Wiki is proving to be enough for me. 

But you can still see the carpet, right? :lol

Petunia is even more beautiful than the day you got her she got you.  :wub:

I'm pretty sure she was a lawyer in a previous life

or a shark

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Happy belated Gotcha Day Petunia!     At least you got your treat on time, but a late post is shameful.   :shakefinger 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

{{{sigh}}}  Finding good help is soooooooo difficult!!!

Happy Gotcha Dat sweet girl!!!

(At least you remember when her Gotcha Day is!!!  I'm lucky if I remember what season it was when they came here!!  Hm...   I say that, but now that I think on it, I *do* remember the actual day for all three of the ones here now.  Lilly - Dec 8, Felicity - June 7, which was Whiskey's birthday, and Andi on Sept 7 which was Labor Day that year!)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

[Sunita says...] What? You mean it humans are supposed to celebrate these things? Well I’m glad you got the good humans who know how to treat their royalty.

Please excuse me. I have to place a call to the adoption agency. Human!! Bring me your phone & dial this number, pronto!

Happy belated gotcha day/

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross