Then There Were Two...

rycezmom

Miss Skye and Miss Star are missing Miss Isabella today.

There is a time for everything in this life and Miss Isabella's time to return to the Universe was today. My heart will hurt and my life will be bereft of the happy little girl who filled my life with her unbridled joy which enveloped my entire world.

My decision to take her, sight unseen, at the request of her trainer, Debbie Smith, turned out to be one of the greatest gifts in my life and a treasure I have cherished unlike any other. She was a tiny girl with a huge personality, unending attitude, unequaled and unlimited mischief and a smile that made her whole face disappear in a barrage of chattering, clacking teeth. She kept us off balance with her antics and answered to the name Isabellaknockitoff, knowing she had crossed the silliness line at times. She stepped into our lives and made her mark upon her new family, both human and hound. Gustopher P became her champion and protector at the expense of his manliness, allowing her to run his life and torment him when she chose. He loved her all the more for it.

Miss Isabella and I have grown older and grey over the last eleven years and we have both tried to do it with grace and dignity. She managed it much better than I did. She has shared my bed for many years and had consistently taken her half out of the middle. She always met me at the door with her teeth clacking furiously, chopper tailed and dancing on her toes to the beat of her own internal exuberance and happiness at my return from anywhere, even from simply taking out the garbage. Her love for her family was written all over her face whenever she looked at you. She accepted any new hound into the house with a loving gentleness but always made sure to quietly let them know she was boss. Over the last few years, she attached herself to Miss Skye and they stayed glued to one another, always sleeping on the couch, draped over one another in a tangle of long legs, toes and tails. Her relationship with Miss Star was one of understanding that they were both getting older and their play was more gentle and subdued so as not to damage one another. There was a mutual respect and love between them that was palpable and sweet to watch.

I have given her back to the Universe from which she came and I will never regret my decision. My life and my world have tilted a bit and will right itself with time and the healing of my heart. For now, I will remind myself of the joy my little magnolia, Miss Isabella, has brought to me for so many years. I have been blessed by the love of this pretty little girl who turned my life upside down the minute we met. I will miss you Baby Girl.

I hate osteo...

post-10392-0-44848900-1398534103_thumb.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

That is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. I am so sorry you had to set her free.

Run free Isabella, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Leslie,

Wendy and I send all our love and gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

The most beautiful angel ......

Godspeed, Miss Isabella.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Leslie, by deepest sympathies

Run free, sweet Isabella. I still have your recipe for Rabbit Etouffee.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so very sorry. You wrote a wonderful tribute to your special girl.

Godspeed Miss Isabella.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Your tribute was beautiful and fitting for your lovely Miss Isabella. I am sorry that it was her time to go.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Isabella.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Beautiful girl with the beautiful name. I'm so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:cry1:grouphug:f_pink What a beautiful tribute to your little girl. I am so sorry that she had to leave you.

Btw. I love the expression "returning her to the universe", that is just how I have felt when I have had to say goodbye, the physical body may be gone but the "essence" becomes part of the universe. Lovely.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

A wonderful tribute to your beautiful little girl - I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to her. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting