Matt (Kelsos Metaphor)

Diane4114

I know I don't post much about my dogs, nor share many pictures. I've been very lucky that they haven't had any real medical problems or behavioral issues. They also don't madly attack Secret Santa packages.

In the fall of 2004 I was checking out Petfinder and saw a GH at the Monadnock Humane Society in Keene. Not knowing much about the facility and worried that a GH won't do well there, I contacted them about adopting him. That Sat. I went to meet him. I didn't really need to be worried about him. He was more like a lab than a GH. That's what the gals at my vets called him "A lab in a GH's body" I came home with him that day, Halloween day. That night he greeted every trick or treater that knocked on the door. He never paid any attention to the cats and got along with Willow and Austin like they were old friends.

He was very easy to work with, never seem to mind whatever we were up to. He was a champion roacher ... it makes putting on dog booties a lot easier when they are upside down. Here he is (in the background) with Austin. It recently dawned on me that I haven't seen him roach in a while.

Jan92005_zpse8edd1ba.jpg

Matt wasn't the most photogenic of dogs. He hated being posed for pictures and trying to calmly get his attention for a decent picture would get him excited and out would come the tongue.

Like this. He used to play catch, but eventually lost interest. He would start to bring it back, but he was easily distracted by an interesting smell and that would be the end of fetch.

June-July2006037.jpg

It took a while, but I did get a decent picture of him...once.

Matt_zpsec3252ba.jpg

He was a very patient foster brother to many GH's passing through. There were a couple that I'm sure he was happy when they moved on. I think Marta was his favorite though. From what I was told she was in heat when she was spayed and had the 'kavorka'. Once I was walking back from the barn and Marta was watching me out the window... and Matt was behind her having (or thinking he was ) his way with her. She was oblivious to whatever he was doing. Here is his girlfriend, Marta.

Marta001_zps8fbaf418.jpg

He was a champ M&G'er for a long time. He was always happy and loved meeting new people and dogs, until last year. After a while he would shut down and want to hide behind the chair. When I knew we would be outside, I would bring the xpen so he could hang out with us and take a nap.

A few years back he developed a mild case of LP. He was scoped and at that time it was felt is wasn't severe enough for surgery. Last year was bad and I knew he wouldn't be able to make it thru another summer. Even this winter, if he got excited or even a little hot (in the van with heat) he would pant and you could hear him roaring.

Lately even our short walks (@200') would tire him out. He would stop to rest once or twice. He was dragging his hind feet. He was having problems with the stairs. His appetite was waning and was losing weight.

In a perfect world he could spend all his time on his dog bed, I would be home 24/7 to take him out and he would have a fenced yard to attend to his needs and not have to go for walks.

Now he is with Willow, Austin, Buddy ( to name a few), healthy and happy. Meeting old friends and making new ones.

Here are the original 3..

scan_zps5d155829.jpg

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Matt. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Diane, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Matt. What a happy face with that tongue hanging out in excitement. He was a handsome and sweet boy. I remember your original 3, the beach walks. They are all together again enjoying never ending days of sun and sand.

f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm sorry for your loss. What a lovely, sweet, and humorous tribute. You had me giggling along with all his goofy antics. Run free sweet boy.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

What a wonderful boy. You got more than one good photo of him :grouphug I am so sorry for your loss. Saying g'bye to the originals is especially hard. :grouphug

Godspeed Matt, your friends here will miss you. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome, unique boy.

Godspeed, Matt.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane, I am very sorry. That was a great tribute to a wonderful boy.

Run free Matt, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Love that tongue! I am so sorry that you had to say good-bye.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

So very sorry for the loss of your handsome Matt.

Remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. He was very special.

Godspeed Matt.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a great tribute to your boy.

Run free, Matt. f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life