Lazer 3/16/06-2/21/14

3DogNite

So many of you have already posted in the H&M thread - Thank you for your kind words of support!!

There is so much more to Lazers story that I really wanted to put it all down - well some of it anyway :)

The first time Lazer came to our home was as a Amber Alert rescue - he has escaped his home and was on the run for 3 days. He was so skittish and untrusting that he just wouldn't let himself be helped.

DH and I FOUND HIM 2 BLOCKS from our house. We saved him from getting onto a very busy road that led to the freeway. This was miracle #1. Skinny, scared and hungry we fed him and called his mom who was incredibly thankful we found him. and we just couldn't believe his name was LAZER --

The second time Lazer came to our home, I was asked to help place him and Spirit due to a serious illness in the family. I said sure I'll help, when do you need to place them out? Today! At the time I had 3 of my own, was fostering another greyhound then Spirit and Lazer walked into our lives. LAZER--can't believe his name!

From that moment, I knew they would stay with us forever! Lazer was sick from the start. Every Auto-immune thing you could think of was happening to him. And we found out about his terrible teeth/gums..the bacteria that would ravage his body.. the first month was all about Vet apts, dentals and FOOD! he was so skinny -- but soo sweet and we could see his gentle soul was opening to us.

So Lazer came to us --- we didn't name him, we didn't pick him. The FREAKY think is DH and I have our own business: Laser Compliance ~ We have our own mascot!!! and obviously we were picked for a reason........... little did we know he picked us - we learned from each other and were blessed with his wisdom

In Aug. 2011 Lazer collapsed - many of you know the story from here on,,,, This was Miracle #2. he died in my driveway and I revived him - CANINE CPR YOUTUBE ---- WATCH IT you can save your dogs life!!!

at this point we started his life over and I counted, first the hours, then the days and weeks,,, till eventually I thought: He can do this,, we can keep him alive. So many people helped us and him - we didn't do it alone,, and couldn't have made it without our friends and family. He was the miracle boy for everyone.

Last Feb. came the initial CHF diagnosis --- I honestly just put it out of my mind. He still had Clots in his heart and other issues that were my focus ---- until Last Aug when the ultra sound showed a huge difference in his heart and the real threat of CHF came front and center --- they said 6-8 months life expectancy

we made it 7 months. this after beating all odds for survival in 2011-- and it wasn't right to ask for a third miracle ---

This was the notification i sent to my friends and family --- i think it is a fitting end to this story:

Lazer lived longer than anyone expected him too.

He was always Happy, He NEVER COMPLAINED, he was ultimately trusting!
Friday morning we let him go to heaven.
I didn't have the right to ask him to stay longer than I already had -- He gave 2 1/2 years of extra life, love and happiness - that was more than anyone expected.
Our lives are better for having him with us and we are blessed that he chose to stay in this world with us -- for the time he could give us. He has better places to go -- and the last gift we could give him was the permission to go.
our lives will never be the same
Forever in our hearts,,,
my beautiful brindle boy - Lazer

Thank you for letting me tell a little back history

we are privileged to have had Lazer in our lives and we will miss him every day!

eta: i put the wrong date in the topic

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sireltonsmom

How sad to lose your sweet boy. We've been thru it this year and empathize. What a lovely tribute you paid him. He'll always be close in your heart and ever on your mind. Hugs and comfort to you and yours.

Ginny, Al,

Beau and Mindy

I am so sorry that it was time for Lazer to leave. There are those things that are just meant to be and clearly Lazer was meant to be with you.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:weep My heart is breaking for you. :grouphug The story of you and Lazer is a miracle story and always will be. Such incredible love. Such a demonstation of the power of love! My heart just sank when I saw this today- I was so hoping for another miracle. Lazar will always be special though. He will never be forgotten and I know he will always be present not only in the heart of those who loved him and that he loved, but his presence will always be here on GT too where we were privaleged to be able to share in his remarkable story and to come to know such an incredible hound. I am so sorry. What an incredible dog. You 'da man Lazer! We love you and always will. Thank you so much for everything Lazer! Enjoy your new found health-run fast and far and happy!

Guest TirzhaZ

I'm so sorry for your loss and what you're feeling right now, but so I applaud you for having the courage to let him go. That is such a hard decision to make. I just made it recently with one of my babies and I know you must miss him so much right now. Virtual hugs being sent your way. What a loved creature he was!

Many many hugs to you and your family. You and Lazer were so lucky to have each other. I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer.

Watch over your people, beloved boy. Rest well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. Rest in peace, sweet Lazer.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so very sorry for your loss. Lazer was very special to many of us here on the list.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Lazer truly was a special boy and his story is remarkable in many ways. I am very sorry that he had to leave. :grouphug

Rest in peace, Lazer, loved and remembered always. :heart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry. He was so lucky to have found you. I wish he could have stayed much longer.

Godspeed Lazer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lazer was beyond special. His updates pulled each and every one of us into his life and we all cheered him on. You gave him a life like no other and he is and always will be the miracle boy.

Run free and fast Lazer, I know Charlie and you would be best buds....:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lorinda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

..................and in the midst of all that, you helped so many others (including me and my Angel Suze) by introducing us to essential oils and other alternative treatments. You held our hands, provided encouragement, laughed and cried with us. How prophetic; on Thursday you sent this to me: "dogs do not fear or anticipate death -

TLC is sometimes the best medicine".

Beautiful tribute for an amazing, loving boy who was an inspiration to so many. Godspeed, Lazer. I'll bet you'll get that bunny now.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry your baby boy is gone :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So very sorry for the loss of your very special Lazer...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm sorry that Lazer had to leave.

Run free, Lazer. f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life