I don't post on here much, I am on Facebook (Camille Wagner) more, and am friends with a lot of you there. I can't post on there right now because my kids don't know the bad news yet. We will tell them tonight.

Mimosa is my first grey, adopted in 2006. She is my heart dog and will be 10 on February 23rd.

She started limping a couple of weeks ago. Took her to the vet today and she was x-rayed and my fears were confirmed. Osteosarcoma in the left femur. (Not a definitive diagnosis, she would need a biopsy for that). I am heartbroken. I won't put her thru amputation and chemo.

We are home now, with Rimadyl and Tramadol to keep her as comfortable as possible until it is time.

My heart is shattered.

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to all of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am very sorry. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please give extra hugs, kisses and treats to Mimosa from me. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug I'm so sorry. Special hugs for Mimi.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:grouphug I'm so sorry. Special hugs for Mimi.

Thanks.. Mimi is actually my other greyhound who is almost 11. Mimosa is our middle child and Bam Bam is the baby at 8.

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Thanks.. Mimi is actually my other greyhound who is almost 11. Mimosa is our middle child and Bam Bam is the baby at 8.

So sorry about that. I was looking at your screen name and took "Mimi" from that. Please give Mimosa those special hugs, and some scritches for Mimi and BamBam.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

You should come over and peruse the Osteo Thread. There's a lot of good information, and we have several people who have gone the palliative care route to give you some ideas of things that worked for them. You should talk with your vet about adding in gabapentin to her meds mix. It really helps with the gastly nerve pain from osteo.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm so very sorry to hear this :( Our Nube too was diagnosed at 10 1/2. Definitely go to the Osteo thread, lots of good advice/info there. We did not amputate either and I don't know if the chemo and radiation was really worth it. The pain meds and controlling the pain seemed to be the most effective thing to do. Nube's sister made it almost as long as he did with nothing more than pain meds.... sending hugs. Cancer sucks. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I haven't been on here lately either, but my heart goes out to you; I am so sorry. You've just experienced what we all hope won't happen. I wish you strength and wisdom when telling your family. Many (((hugs))).

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.
Forever Home on December 20, 2012
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
My Etsy Shop

Thinking about you as you tell your kids this horrible news. I'm so sorry. Please let us know how your sweet girl is doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown