R.i.p. Oberon

Guest dragontearz

Guest dragontearz

I haven't been on in a while, graduating school then finding work, projects on the house, etc..in the last year my grandma died (Dec 20, 2012), in March my dad died in front of my mom at 60 from a heat attack, and three weeks ago tomorrow our Obie (Oberon) died...he went in for a dental and partial tail amputation (too much Happy Tail Syndrome), and at 2:30 that day when the vet called I was expecting to hear that he was ready to come home, not that they were doing CPR because he stopped breathing....they tried for an hour to keep him here, but his heart stopped every time...

We only had you for 2 1/2 years Obie, but you did not want for anything..you were spoiled and we loved you despite the lack of smarts..but you lived life to the fullest and enjoyed every minute of running in the yard, car rides, and biscuits whenever you deemed them needed..in memory of you and Guinness we decided to foster a greyhound with the intention to adopt...living without a greyhound in the house is not something we can do for very long...we love you Obie, you were our boy.

http://youtu.be/fFt8UoxpUzs

Edited by dragontearz

What a horrible, horrible shock for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, well-loved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no... I am so sorry. Godspeed indeed Obie.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I am so very sorry. I lost one the same way a year ago and it was horrible. Wishing you peace and comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

How sad. I'm so sorry you didn't have more time together.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, my gosh, he was so beautiful and so full of joy! He clearly was very loved. I can't imagine how devastated you are to have lost him so unexpectedly. The past year has been so very sad for your family. I wish for you peace and healing and happiness in the coming year. And I hope that looking into the eyes of another dog who needs you will help to ease your pain. Surely Obie will have a paw in sending you just the right one.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Oberon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I couldn't imagine hearing something so horrible when it's not what you expect to hear. Obie was a sweet and wonderful boy, I hope the good memories of him will one day overshadow and ease the pain of his sudden loss.

Please take care of yourself, you've suffered many losses. :grouphug

Guest dragontearz

What I haven't posted yet is that we made it to that first weekend when the wife said to put in an application to foster as the house was too quiet without a greyhound there (despite the chiweenie and the four cats)...since last Sunday we've been fostering a cute black boy with the intention to adopt.

I'm so sorry.............. What a horrible shock for you after such a hard year.

I remember when you adopted Obie after losing Guiness. I'm sure your new "foster" will bring you much comfort. ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

What a horrible shock and awful loss to cap off a terrible year. I am so very sorry for all of your losses.

Godspeed Oberon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry.............. What a horrible shock for you after such a hard year.

I remember when you adopted Obie after losing Guiness. I'm sure your new "foster" will bring you much comfort. ;)

I remember too, and I so wish that you'd had more time together with Obie. I am so very sorry for your multiple losses. :grouphug Fosters can be very healing.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.