Sahara - April 7,00 To June 27,13

Guest TinasTroops

Guest TinasTroops
Sahara's health had started to decline the last 6 months or so, She was recently diagnosed with glomerulatr disease, she had sever Osteoarthritis in both of her hips, she was lossing site and hearing as well.
She refused to stop using the stairs and took 2 small tumbles down the 3 stairs last week and yesterday morning woke up in an extreme amount of pain even with all the medication and rest we had given her over the last week.

Vet's offices and Xrays were just not an option for this crazy old 13 1/2 year old. So we called in her mobile vet, so we could give her the passing we hoped we could. At home, on her couch, surrounded by her pack. She passed quickly and peacefully and I was able to take care of her right until the end.

My Princess Poopy Pants will be missed greatly by her family but she now no longer in any pain,

Tina, I'm so sorry to hear this. She had a wonderful life with you and Eric, no one could have loved her more.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sorry to hear of Sahara's passing. It was so good of you to arrange for a vet to call.

We did something like that for our old Great Dane... helped her walk down the lane in the morning sunshine to her favourite field one last time and the vet came to us there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful term of endearment, Princess Poopy Pants :heart.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My heart is breaking for you. I so know where you come from in describing her refusal to stop using the stairs. Some of the senior ladies just seem to be so determined to never compromise to the bitter end. God bless beautiful Sahara. My deepest sympathy.

:f_pink:f_red:f_pink

I'm so sorry for your loss. It seems Sahara has been "here" on GT forever, and it won't be quite the same, knowing she's gone.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TinasTroops

She certainly was eh Batmom. Gil from GPA Virginia found me on here with her littermate brother Tilt after she was dumped at a pound instead of returned to them. Then her GUR rolled out on here too just a week later. With help from many friends here on GT with her GUR to bring her closer for us to pick her up and bring her back to Canada.

7 wonderful years with the crazy lady, would not change a thing!

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Sahara.

:f_pink:grouphug:brokenheart:grouphug:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry T. I too remember when Gil found Tilt's Mom, and Sahara travelled to you.

Godspeed Sahara.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)