Spencer (Dutch Laser) 11/25/00 - 3/29/13

greyhead

A truly beautiful boy. I am so sorry for your loss of Spencer.

Run free Spencer, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a beautiful tribute to your special boy. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Spencer.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Even in death there is something breathtaking about Spencer. But then he's not dead-only his body is. He reminds me of my soulmate Slim. So many amazing things about Spencer...those eyes, that attitude. He WILL be with you always you'll see. The Spencer that you loved was not merely a fawn greyhound body-it was and is a magnificent spirit. Nothing can ever destroy the love you two have. Love is energy and cannot be destroyed. Be openminded and perhaps you will find a reassuring "sign." :grouphug

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_face

For love is as strong as death....
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

Beautiful tribute and slideshow - so sorry you had to say goodbye.

Rest in peace Spencer.

:brokenheartf_yellow:brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

So very sorry for the loss of your handsome Spencer.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. Spencer was an amazing and handsome boy. Those beautiful photos capture the many happy and magical moments with him so well. May that aching feeling you describe in time become a warm glow as you are comforted by the memories of your very special pup. He is never far away from you.

f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Beautiful tribute and slideshow. I'm so sorry for you loss.

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

What a beautiful video tribute you made for your beloved Spencer, Mary. There were so many lovely images of him there. It was so obvious how strong your bond with Spencer was, both in the photos and in the words you have posted here on GT throughout the years. I know how brokenhearted you must feel right now. The first days are awful, but things do get better. Sending you and Skip a hug across the miles. :grouphug

Godspeed, beautiful boy. Look out for your momma from the Bridge. :(

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

A beautiful tribute, it brought tears to my eyes. Spencer was obviously well loved and had a life well lived. Sleep well dear Spencer.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry :( :( :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:( You took such phenomenal care of Spencer through it all! He looked fantastic, all the way through, into his whitest face. That white face just touched me so deeply, too. Such poignance in the deeply mature hounds. :wub:

Many hugs and deepest sympathies to you, now and for the whole time it takes to come through the pain, and into the more simple time when you can smile every time you think of him.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I am so very sorry, your tribute was beautiful and fitting to Spencers sweet soul, may you find peace in your memories of him.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest IrskasMom

It hurts to much to see one of the Greyt once pass and Spencer was .He was gorgeous and he is grazing the green Pasture over the Bridge with all the other Greyt Once. RIP :f_red

Heartfelt thanks to each and all of you for your posts here and in PM's. :heart:heart The way Spencer passed was very hard on him and on us, not what I ever expected and not worthy of him. (ETA: or anyone else, for that matter.) I always thought we'd be given clues that his time was short, and then he could have peanut butter, whipped cream, a cheeseburger...all the things his restricted diet didn't allow to even be sampled. This tribute was all we could do to push his ending from the forefront of our minds and think instead about who we'd been privileged to know. When someone important has passed, I've found it means a lot to have people around who knew who they were, what they were like. You've let me know that you get him, you know him, even if you didn't before. That is immeasurably comforting. We take none of this for granted and will never ever forget your kindness.

:bighug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).