Kiowa Secret Sue (Dixie), 11/25/01 - 01/11/13

GreyPoopon

No, not fair at all. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Dixie. She was so lucky to have had the best two years of her life as part of your family. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

While Dixie may not have had a long time with you, I know that the time she did have with you could not have been any better for her. She was a beautiful girl, and very, very lucky to have been with you and your pack. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

I am so sorry. Dixie was beautiful, and very well loved.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am sorry that Dixie has left a huge hole in your heart. She was indeed beautiful and both of you shared such wonderful times.

Godspeed Pretty Dixie!

I'm so sorry. What a fabulous lady she was!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Dixie sure packed a lot of love and joy into your years together, though your time was way too short. Not only did she share that joy with you, the lucky person who got to be her Mom, but can you imagine how many people fell in love with Greyhounds because of her?

I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl. The pictures of her lovely silver face and kind eyes just melted my heart.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry Dixie had to leave you so soon. Your time together was short, but oh so sweet. Lovely tribute. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Dixie.

Thank you for telling us her story.

Now, remember all those good times......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh my what a beautiful tribute for a magnificent greyhound lady. She really really made the best of her retirement for sure. That running picture- gee I was quite taken by the sheer ecstasy of it- she was soooo happy. And I had to laugh at the broodie bite incidents. God bless the broodies they won't hesitate to lay down the law so to speak. The broodies are sure special and Dixie will always be special. She won the biggest race of all too. She crossed over as a beloved pet that will never ever be forgotten and will be loved always. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red:f_pink:f_red:f_pink:gh_run

A beautiful tribute to Dixie. Her time with you was short but it was packed full of special moments and tons of love. I'm so sorry it was her time.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry Dixie didn't have more time with you :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am sooooooooooooo sorry

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest GryffinSong

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, I lost my beloved Gryffin to osteo and I truly think its the saddest, most unfair disease ever for such graceful athletes to have. Hugs to you all, and I'm so glad that you were able to give her such a wonderful time in her retirement.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dixie was a beautiful girl but what I'm struck by is how lucky she was to be so well known. Not only by you but now us as you've shared so much about her. She did not get enough time with you but that time was full & rich. What a wonderful lucky girl she was. Godspeed Dixie! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis