Moto Hot Rod

Guest greytgrandma

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and Hot Rod's mom and dad.

Too young, much too soon.

Godspeed, funny handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I am so, so sorry. I loved seeing your stories and photos of Hot Rod and will miss him - as others have said, there are some hounds that draw you in, and your talent with showing his life is incredible. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Run free, sweet boy, and hope you have lots of Milky Bones forever.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I can't believe Hot Rod is gone. I am so very sorry.

Run free Hot Rod, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:weep:crying:cry1 Oh NO!!!! NOT MY BEAUTIFUL HOT ROD-NOT THIS QUICK-It can't be. I am gutted. I may never have met him in person but he was one of my most beloved houndies. I am so tired of crying over osteo dogs-and now even our most precious Hot Rod. Well, he WILL be with us ALWAYS. Hot Rod and GT just had too much love for it to just suddenly not exist anymore. He will always be here and we will ALWAYS remember and love him. I will never be able to look at a milk bone even without smiling and thinking of him.

Hot Rod buddy, I'm so sorry you had to leave so soon but no matter what WE LOVE YOU AND ALWAYS WILL. THANK YOU for sharing so much love and good times with us while you were here. And if you choose to send us a sign, well, don't have to tell you how nuts we'd go over that. All I know to say is how I love you so and how I always will and how grateful I am that you welcomed me into your life to share so many wonderful adventures with you. :beatheart

"To my dearest family and friends, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from the Bridge.
Here I dwell with God above.
Here there's no more tears of sadness
Here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me
and He said, "I welcome you.
It's good to have you back again,
you were missed while you were gone. As for your dearest family,
They'll be here later on."
God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.

And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closest to you...in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years,
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
But together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too;
That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night... "My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented... that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along I made somebody smile.
God says: "If you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street with me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind."

"And when it's time for you to go... from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me
."

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part
...."

- Marguerite Henry

My deepest sympathy to you greytgrandma and his family. :grouphug Nobody, dog or human, ever had a better greytgrandma. The many clothes you made him radiated so much love when he wore them...... got to stop crying I'm at work.... I'm so sorry.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_face

Oh, I'm so sorry... I've loved Hot Rod through your stories ever since you first came on...

Huge hugs... :cry1

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Oh no! I am so very sorry. My heart breaks for you, his Dad and Mom, and Millie. He was much much too young.

I will miss your Hot Rod posts, as will all of GT.

Godspeed Hot Rod.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry. Your stories and pictures made him bigger than life and he was loved so much by many of us. It's hurts so much to know he's gone even though he's no longer in pain. My heart goes out to everyone who knew and loved him.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so very sorry your Hot Rod had to leave.

Love that captures the heart and touches the soul, remains forever.

Hold the special memories close to your heart.

Run free Hot Rod.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. I loved Hot Rod's stories of his walks with Granny and his treats. He will be missed.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh no, I'm so sorry. What a shock. I will miss your stories. Run free with the others Hot Rod.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

No!! Not Hot Rod!! :weep :weep

I am so very sorry. I had no idea he was ill.

Hot Rod was a favorite of so many of us GT'ers.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace, sweet Hot Rod. You will be missed by so many.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France