Cody (Aka Collateraldamage) 11/19/2000 - 1/7/2013

snowjay

A wonderful tribute for a wonderful boy. I am so very sorry. I hope Pinky is doing ok, too.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Cody. What a wonderful life you guys had together!

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest nrussell

Jason & Pinky

I’m so sorry for your loss. This is such a wonderful tribute to your sweet Cody. I loved reading the silly stories and learning more about his personality. He and Buck were brothers for sure! So many things he did reminded me of Buck too. The doggy alarm clock, knowing when to give a little LICK of the hand to get what they wanted, the way they both could be considered FOODhounds rather than greyhounds. They were the best of the best.

I hope you find comfort in the happy memories you shared. Your photos are beautiful. I love the one of him snoozing ON top of the crate. He was a HOOT! Such a handsome guy too. I miss Buck every day. I know he and Pretty were waiting for him at the bridge. Surely there is a big party with all of his favorite treats going on.. peace & comfort to you both..

-Nicole

Jay,

I'm so sorry that your buddy had to leave. Your tribute to him was wonderful.

Run free Cody.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest nrussell

I just went back and read what happened with your sweet Cody. My heart sank learning lymphoma has taken another one. I think you mentined Pretty passed away from the same, and so did Buck. I'm so sorry things went the way they did and he passed away so unexpectedly. He was lucky to have you. You were lucky to have each other - and while it's heart wrenching - there is nothig better we can do for our furry family members but be there with them in the end. It's a true gift. For both.

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug Cody had such an amazing long time with you and from your tribute, made the most of every second.

Godspeed Cody

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

He sounds like one in a million. I am sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

Run free Cody, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I want to thank everyone who has given their support and kind words, it means a lot.

Jason & Pinky

I’m so sorry for your loss. This is such a wonderful tribute to your sweet Cody. I loved reading the silly stories and learning more about his personality. He and Buck were brothers for sure! So many things he did reminded me of Buck too. The doggy alarm clock, knowing when to give a little LICK of the hand to get what they wanted, the way they both could be considered FOODhounds rather than greyhounds. They were the best of the best.

I hope you find comfort in the happy memories you shared. Your photos are beautiful. I love the one of him snoozing ON top of the crate. He was a HOOT! Such a handsome guy too. I miss Buck every day. I know he and Pretty were waiting for him at the bridge. Surely there is a big party with all of his favorite treats going on.. peace & comfort to you both..

-Nicole

I just went back and read what happened with your sweet Cody. My heart sank learning lymphoma has taken another one. I think you mentined Pretty passed away from the same, and so did Buck. I'm so sorry things went the way they did and he passed away so unexpectedly. He was lucky to have you. You were lucky to have each other - and while it's heart wrenching - there is nothig better we can do for our furry family members but be there with them in the end. It's a true gift. For both.

Thank you Nicole. I still have Buck's tribute email you wrote, he and Cody were certainly similar in a lot of ways. No doubt he and Pretty met Cody at the other side of the bridge.

Pretty did pass from cancer also (osteo). So 3 from one family gone from this terrible disease. Cody was the exact same age as Pretty, and they both passed in Jan.

It's so hard to say "See you later" to a friend, especially one with whom you've been friends for such a long time. Someone once told me that missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not. I hope you can find some comfort in that, as you remember the Good Times with your friend, Cody. Jay, I am so very sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed special man.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest undergreysspell

I'm so very sorry you lost your wonderful boy. The tribute you wrote is wonderful and I hope you can smile when you remember all the good times you both had.